Chiefs Gameplan Discussion

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Chiefs Gameplan Discussion

You actually probably don't have to talk about the Pats Offense this week as I have a feeling it will take care of itself against this mediocre Chiefs Defense but I would like to see them kick in the hurry up earlier in the game. Not necessarily every drive but changing gears last week seemed to be an effective approach.

On Defense it's tough to argue with the premise of stopping the run. This Chief team is anemic when it comes to scoring points and without Cassell what else should our primary focus be?

Usually if BB sees an inexperienced or vulnerable QB he likes to Blitz a little bit more to apply pressure and force mistakes so if we can stop the run on first down that will put the wheels in motion.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Chiefs Gameplan Discussion:
    [QUOTE]One thing I am looking for: Intensity and the consitency from both sides of the ball after this big win this past week. I want them to act like KC is the Packers coming in here.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Teams go through high and low emotional points during the season just like people do throughout the course of the year. We played horrible football against the Steelers and Giants but seemed to amp it up in the second half Sunday night with a myriad of injuries stifling us to boot. This team may have just turned the corner much like they did last year after the Browns loss. We'll be getting some players back from injuries coming up and I think the intensity that we saw Sunday night will remain.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Chefs have back to back losses to Matt Moore and Tim Tebow and now have a back up QB playing. The Pats gameplan should be "make sure no one gets hurt" b/c KC is terrible.

Honestly, I hope there is a 60/40 run to pass ration, this is the kind of game where once they are up 2 TD's in the 2nd quarter they can control the game with the run and play action. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's impossible to beat a Romeo Crenell led defense.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE] I would really like the OLine to block for Ridley and see what happens along with Woodhead in for most of the game.Best to let BJGE not even play,does anyone know how bad his injury is?
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

If it's turf toe that's not good. He didn't look the same against the Jets as he has earlier in the year. I don't know if that's because of the injury or the Blocking but we'll find out if he looks like that against the Chiefs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

On "D", the Pats need to shut down the run. Force Chiefs' back-up QB Palko into 3rd and longs...and come after him. Look for the Chiefs to run, and throw alot of swing passes and screens to their RBs.

On offense, spread the field, and try to get up on the Chiefs early. Don't give them any reason for hope. Playing from behind will force the Chiefs out of their conservative game plan...which will lead to turnovers.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Chiefs Gameplan Discussion:
    [QUOTE]Let's see if we can get a little gameplan discussion going based on people's thoughts with regards to the Chiefs. On Offense: I'll pretend I am mute here, since my opinion will apparently blow the board up. lol On Defense: Admittedly, KC's offense shouldn't be a huge problem with their back up QB, but that shouldn't change anything. I think they should keep using the same gameplan as they  have been almost all year (save for Pitt). Take away that run, because the back up QB will need it.  Watch McAllister in the slot, he's like a Bess type, so I am assuming they'll treat him as if he is their TE in the mid field routes. Bracket Bowe, mix in zones and man. Should be interesting to see if BB tries any zone with his new secondary.

I think you meant McCluster, Rusty. But either way, I agree that he should be covered closely because he's the type of guy that can take it to the house on any given play. If Chung is back, throw him on Dexter. Always does well against the slot receivers.  My main concern is Bowe. Tall, fast and physical receiver. I would definitely expect some zone to be mixed in to match his play making ability. Their run is nothing special. They have that young guy Jackie Battle who hasn't done anything special since Charles went down and of course, the over-the-hill Thomas Jones. Overall, bring intensity on both sides of the ball like they did on Sunday Night, and I see this becoming ugly.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

roll the patriots helmet out... and thats it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Loved his playing days at Ole Miss. I'll always remember his performance at the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma State. Kid is electric.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]     On "D", the Pats need to shut down the run. Force Chiefs' back-up QB Palko into 3rd and longs...and come after him. Look for the Chiefs to run, and throw alot of swing passes and screens to their RBs.      On offense, spread the field, and try to get up on the Chiefs early. Don't give them any reason for hope. Playing from behind will force the Chiefs out of their conservative game plan...which will lead to turnovers.    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I agree with this TP - with an unproven rookie going out there the key for the Pats is to get an early lead to force KC into passing the ball

Pats run D has been solid this whole year - and with their passing D struggling for most of the year( though the game against the Giants was mostly good and they were great against the Jets) most teams are intentionally ramping up their pass attempts against the Pats

Get the early lead, and then get after Palko - they could get 2-3 Int's that way - I would really love to see the Pats continue to get the successful pressure they did against the Jets  - If the Pats do that it will be a blowout

If the Pats win the flip I'd love to see them take the ball vs deferring and then come out up tempo - get an early lead - get a quick stop - and the put their foot through KC's throat

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

1) I would like to see the Pats maintain intensity and not have a let down game
    2) I would like to see the o-line come together allowing a running game to establish. Ridley 20 carries. Woodhead 8 carries. Vereen 8 carries. Benny gets the day off.
    3) I would like to see the d-line do it again
    4) I would like to see special teams play improve

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiefs Gameplan Discussion : Yup. Would have loved him here. I thought it was a great move by them to use his skill set in the slot. Pretty rare you see someone draft an RB for that.  I can't even name another team that really has done it, actually.

He was a WR at Ole Miss Russ, not a RB. He's actually more of an all purpose type, but good slot WR because he is shifty and quick like Welker. He's also a good returner. He is listed as a RB on the Chiefs depth chart, but he can pretty much do it all.

I won't repeat the keys of the game expressed by all to this point, but I will point out a new one. One of KC's best chances to score is off of KRs/PRs given McCluster. In turn, I want our STs to play lights out this week. If we don't give up any big returns for TD's, I think our defense has more than enough to stop the Chiefs offense, and I think our Offense can score at will on the Chiefs defense.

I would actually like to see 3 guys play this game and see what we have with them...Price, Vereen and Cannon. I think this is a good time to get them involved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

[QUOTE]No Matt Cassel = No Problem. This is a slam dunk game that we should win by at least 21 points. I love Romeo Crennel but he is going to get pushed around like a little girl. And Andre Carter is going to murder that back up QB.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Taz you never post anymore.  What happened?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

dont sleep on the chiefs like we did last year on the browns, we could easily lose this game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

dont need a game plan.
    its kc they are so baaaad. and cassel is also out.
    denver ran against them on every play and they still couldnt stop them.

play mallet (only half kidding, maybe 2nd half), cannon, ridley, price, vereen and they guys you want at db (cb and safety) if injured players dont make it back till next year.

let them all get experience and confidence
    rest the guys who are hurt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Well.......if you're the Chiefs you have to build an offense this week to protect Palko from throwing a game away right? So the way I'd do that is no mystery, run it as much as you can. Then the second thing I'd do is get it out of his hands as quick as possible, so screens and slants would come into play.

The Pats have to stop the run and bring the house early and disguise it well. If we have them go 3 and out a couple series early while TB spots a couple this will be an easy W.
    Palko will wish he had more than Dave Wandstat to get him ready for what's going to happen to him on national TV.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This game and the Colts game are perfect chances to experiment a little on both sides of the ball.

On O the Chiefs D is pretty porous. I want to see Ridley get a number of snaps to get his confidence up and I want to see Price on the field for significant snaps to get some reps with Brday. Of course don't force either but I think you can work both in nicely without being a determent

On D I want an aggressive D. I want them to attack and continue to attack. As with the O I want them to gain confidence and feel that they can get to the QB at anytime. I don't even know who Cassel's backup is but I can't imagine that they can tear the secondary apart if you are rushing 5-6. I want the QB with fear in his eyes all day running for his life.

Of course I also want them to win but great opportunity to try some stuff out and build some confidence

Sections
Shortcuts