Chiefs vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chiefs vs Patriots Game Thread

Photo: RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis featured on GameDay cover at tonight's game.
    Photo: RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis featured on GameDay cover at tonight's game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Chiefs vs Patriots Game Thread

Chris Forsberg/ESPN BostonA calm Gillette Stadium before Monday night's clash between the Patriots and Chiefs.
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Welcome to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots host the Chiefs on ESPN's "Monday Night Football" (8:30 p.m. ET): 

Weather conditions. Temperatures are expected to be in the high 30s at kickoff, according to Weather.com. No precipitation is expected and with light winds, it should be an ideal night for a late November in New England. 

Blakeman gets the callClete Blakeman, who was promoted from field judge to referee prior to the 2010 season, has been assigned tonight's game. Blakeman is an attorney in Omaha. 

Mike Reiss/ESPN BostonBenJarvus Green-Ellis on Gameday cover.
    Green-Ellis on GameDay cover. Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis is featured on the cover of the GameDay program being sold at Gillette Stadium tonight. 

Injury report. The Patriots have already ruled out linebackers Brandon Spikes (MCL sprain) and Dane Fletcher(thumb). They will have to deactivate five more players 90 minutes before kickoff. Cornerback Devin McCourty, who is doubtful, is expected to be one of them. 

Brady and passing yards. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady enters tonight's game with 3,032 yards passing and needs 295 to set the NFL record for most passing yards in the first 10 games of a season. Drew Brees holds the mark (3,326 in 2011). 

Eagles and Steelers in the house. As is the case for most games, advance scouts from both teams' next opponents are scheduled to be in attendance. Seats are reserved for a scout from the Eagles and Steelers. The Patriots visit the Eagles on Sunday, while the Chiefs host the Steelers on Sunday. 

National anthem/Color guard. The national anthem will be performed by Jennifer Bradford of Brockton, Mass. Colors presented by the Portsmouth, NH Police Honor Guard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

trap game, hope the guys come out with a lot of passion and play hard from the coin toss till the games over and the fireworks are going off.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Chiefs vs Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]BJGE on the cover!  COuld it be a good omen!?!!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'd say one of the most favorable matchups is the Patriots' offensive line versus their middling linebacker and defensive line corps.  I can't name any of their defensive linemen.  I know they drafted a DE this year and people are disappointed in him.

I'm still shocked that their linebackers and safeties without Eric Berry are holding opposing tight ends to such low numbers or I'd say that's something in the Pats favor, too

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer 
    Chiefs still haven't put Cassel on IR yet. Flowers, Carr expected to play for KC. Dorsey sounds like a game-time decision.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ESPN pre-game video report

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

I'm firin' up my whozits:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Brady and passing yards. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady enters tonight's game with 3,032 yards passing and needs 295 to set the NFL record for most passing yards in the first 10 games of a season. Drew Brees holds the mark (3,326 in 2011).

Not that it really matters but considering he had some shacky games, I'm surprised about the pace he's still on. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Carter better be on his game tonight

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I kind of feel bad for Ventrone

Mike Reiss 
    Patriots release OL Donald Thomas and promote safety Ross Ventrone, according to league source. 16th transaction for Ventrone since Aug. 15.

Greg A. Bedard 
    That Donald Thomas was released is a good sign that OL Marcus Cannon is capable of playing this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Was the 37-16 win over the Jets a product of the Pats playing well, or the Jets playing poorly? If the Pats are truly an elite team, they need to squash the Chiefs...and go into Philly and put an end to the Eagles' season. 

Who have the Patriots' beaten this season? It's time to step up...and get playoff tough.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I kind of feel bad for Ventrone MikeReiss   Mike Reiss   Patriots release OL Donald Thomas and promote safety Ross Ventrone, according to league source. 16th transaction for Ventrone since Aug. 15. GregABedard   Greg A. Bedard   That Donald Thomas was released is a good sign that OL Marcus Cannon is capable of playing this season.
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

He has always been around, and knows the Pats want him around.  Even if it's in such a werid fashion.. they want him around. 

I'm sure the game check makes it all ok as well.  It's not like he doesn't know if he'll play again.... there is a consistent trend and he can bank on having a job. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm firin' up my whozits:
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

cool picture. it means the Chiefs will be toast for 4 quarters. Patriots 56 Chiefs 0

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What's Ventrone in his second year, 3rd? Minimum salary for a second year guy is like 450k, which means on the weeks he does play, he'll get like 10 grand...not bad. Add in the fact that he probably makes two thousand a week as a practice squad guy and the kid is doing alright for himself.

Plus you have to figure being around a team like the Pats and a coach like Belichick bodes well for his future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Brady and passing yards . Patriots quarterback Tom Brady enters tonight's game with 3,032 yards passing and needs 295 to set the NFL record for most passing yards in the first 10 games of a season. Drew Brees holds the mark (3,326 in 2011). Not that it really matters but considering he had some shacky games, I'm surprised about the pace he's still on. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Hope he gets 500 tonight and 5 TDs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]     Was the 37-16 win over the Jets a product of the Paats playing well, or the Jets playing poorly? If the Pats are truly an elite team, they need to squash the Chiefs...and go into Philly and put an end to the Eagles' season.       Who have the Patriots' beaten this season? It's time to step up...and get playoff tough.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Well Tex, the Pats beat the Cowboys!..lol

The Pats front half schedule was tough. I think it ranked as either the toughest strength of schedule or darn near close. THat is a good thing, they were tested early, and are at teh top of the division.

We need to close the back half out stronger than the front, get some kids healthy, and then make the push for the playoffs. This is not an easy game per se, but I think htey handle the Chefs 35-17.

Eagles next week should be interesting...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Another advantage could be our passing game against two dinged up CBs in Flowers and Carr. Both are very good, but I think this is a spread em out game to see how injured they are. Not saying throw 40 times, but maybe see how they look attempting to cover.  Arenas will probably be on Welker.   
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Dude WT F.  10010 posts in 7 months? Do you have a life? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Was the 37-16 win over the Jets a product of the Pats playing well, or the Jets playing poorly? If the Pats are truly an elite team, they need to squash the Chiefs...and go into Philly and put an end to the Eagles' season.       Who have the Patriots' beaten this season? It's time to step up...and get playoff tough.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. The Patriots are not an elite team right now. Actually, this team is one of the worst in the Belichick era. Luckily, no one else is elite either, so the Patriots are still winning.

I expect New England to win tonight but not in a blowout. The rest of the schedule looks easy on paper but I think they could lose one or two of their remaining games. They will make the playoffs easily and the hot team will represent the AFC in the super bowl but will lose to the NFC qualifier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiefs vs Patriots Game Thread :   I expect New England to win tonight but not in a blowout. Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

C'mon man. Really? carter will have 6 sacks on Palko. That KC o-line is terrible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon man. Really? carter will have 6 sacks on Palko. That KC o-line is terrible.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't complain if that happens kansas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer 
    Chiefs DL Glenn Dorsey is out, per a club source. Tested that knee, but not ready to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Go Carter!!!

Jeff Howe 
    Tyler Palko has a real awkward throwing motion. Takes him a while to get rid of the ball.