Childress comment uncalled for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Childress comment uncalled for

What do you all think of his comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-engla...

I think he just lost the game against the Pats before it even began

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Re: Childress comment uncalled for

I apologize if I did not post the link right. This was my first time.

I got the article from ESPN (Boston) page.

If I did it wrong can someone please repost it with correct info.

I just wanted you all to see where Brad Childress says at the end

"The Patriots are the all time signal stealers"

He sounds like a cry baby like Brett. Not a smart thing to say right before he plays us at home.

Stupid guy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Childress is not particularly bright.

He also tossed his Hall-of-Fame quarterback square under the bus after last nights gut-wrenching loss to hated division rival Green Bay, when you could just as easily drop that loss (and all their losses, really) directly at Chilly's feet for horrible game management at the end of the first half. He's a terrible, terrible in-game coach and has no clue whatsoever about public relations. That team is loaded on both sides of the ball and they stink.

From my perspective, that's Chilly's fault.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Pmike, not to mention he WENT TO THE AIRPORT TO PICK HIM UP!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I just texted Childress a picture on my big toe and addressed it " With love, Bret"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lets face it Childress doesn't like Farve because Farve with his huge ego decides to make the calls on the field and not let the coach do his job. They basically told Childress if Farve wasn't coming back because of him then he wouldn't have a job so Childress had to play up to Farve (which must have killed him). Now after 6 games Farve has been so bad that I'm guessing Childress is getting pressure about being let go after the season because he failed to put a competitive team on the field.

It's a damn if he does damn if he doesn't situation here so why not let some steam out and knock an average QB who people somehow are convinced that he's a top 5 QB down? Who cares if Farve is a HF QB, he stinks, takes to many risks, fights with coaches over game plans, and has this huge ego trip.

I'm guessing Childress was gonna be let go anyways and he said what he's been holding back for over a year now. I don't blame the guy one bit an I'm sure he'll get anther coaching job right away.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Childress comment uncalled for:
    If you ask me, Childress and Favray deserve each other.  Maybe Brat's arm will fall off this week like it did against Miami in 2008. The Pats owe him BIG for tanking that game.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

great point!How pathetic was Favre that game?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A serious beatdown is order. Let's try and stop AP first. Still waiting for that keys to the game thread. We have their 3rd so a serious implosion by the Vikings would be welcomed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Childress will probably get another job but not because he is any good, it will be because that is what happens NFL head coaches get recycled. If you are a top notch one then you stay as long as you want and change teams when you want or come back if you want and can practicly pick your team you want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

We all don't know what goes on behind closed doors.  The only thing I can think of why he threw his player under the bus in public was because Brett will not communicate or listen to him in the locker room.  So Childress settled with his last resort to get his point across by calling him out to the public.  Do I agree with it no I do not.  Praise in public, get into some butt in private.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Here is what I find odd and pathetic about it all in one:

1. He implies he was too dumb to know his signals were possibly being stolen.

2. He tells us Mike Tomlin was a crappy D Coordinator, as Minny featured the worst pass D that season, in the entire NFL.  Good thing Tomlin has LeBeau in Pitt.  Overrated coach who never led a good D before getting hired as a head coach.  That was Kiffin's D in TB, so don't even pretend that will work attempting to tell me that Tomlin had a great resume prior to Minny.

3. Childress basically tries to hint that the reason why NE blasted them off the field that year was because they "cheated" aka "Spygate".  He doesn't come right out and say it, but that's what most jealous NFL fans want to believe when they hear about signal stealing and New England.  So, he says it as an excuse.  That's embarassing for him either way you slice it.

Since we know Spygate was nothing more than a witch hunt or an excuse for losers, this is another example.

Don't think for a second BB won't see these comments and be annoyed.

Childress has come completely unglued.   All 3 of these things make him look like the idiot he is.

I don't see him being re-hired, although I do feel Ziggy Wylf has been pulling the strings this whole time, because their stadium bill is in the Senate right now.

Not sure people are aware of this, but at some point, that new stadium built in LA to attract an NFL team might look awfully good in this economy for a Jax, SD or Minny.

If Minny was to make a SB and possibly win it, the bill passes with ease. Now? Not so much.  It would also explain why Wylf was in on the Moss trade and not Childress.
    It would also explain why they are so desperate to bring back Favre, who didn't want to necessarily come back, needig his ego stroked to do so.

Tavaris Jackson's confidence, whatever he had, is now also shot.

$100 Childress starts Favre.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Farve deserves to be crapped on for his idiotic pass attempts that lose games.

That said Childress shouldn't be the one complaining because he and the Vikings front office are the fools who tolerate Farve to the point of begging him to return. They have now wasted another year of Peterson's prime by failing to bring along a new QB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

If I'm Childress, I'd be more concerned with keeping my job right now than a game that took place 5 years ago. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's the issue. He's cracked. He's quit and given up. He's had it.

He has no concern.  His golden boy QB is done and he knows it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

I say who cares, stealing signals is part of the game.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Of course it is, until some teams act like it isn't, and then spend 6 months trying to smear you because a commissioner overreacted due to media and public pressure to exact "revenge", trying to  make themselves feel better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

If I'm Childress, I'd be more concerned with keeping my job right now than a game that took place 5 years ago. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

excellent comment as are many others on here.

I say Pats win over Vikes @ home Sunday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Childress strikes me as a guy whose mouth has always moved faster than his brain.  I'd really hate to play for a coach that makes excuses, which Belichick never does. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by ShiningWizard

Well, he recently got a lucrative extension (which was a bit puzzling to anyone not completely Purple Blind), so if he's worried about his job, he's certainly not worried about his money.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Childress has always had a problem with Farve's penchant for changing the play at the line. While QBs are expected to call audibles as a reaction to defensive alignments and blitzes Farve has a habit of using audibles to change to plays that have more to do with him being the center of attention than reacting to the defense.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Childress has always had a problem with Farve's penchant for changing the play at the line. While QBs are expected to call audibles as a reaction to defensive alignments and blitzes Farve has a habit of using audibles to change to plays that have more to do with him being the center of attention than reacting to the defense.
    Posted by Evil2010

In the case of the Vikes it's a case of caveat emptor because they certainly knew what they were getting in Favre.  Childress knew better than anybody Favre's tendency to audible and then try to make the big play rather than the smart play.  It's no coincidence that he throws the INT in crunch time because he tries to do it all himself.   

Sections
Shortcuts