Childress fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Childress fired

About time

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Childress fired

I get no statisfaction from a man losing his job but some where inside my body there is a smile.........................I never liked him...........Major Dad Gerald Mc Grainey looking goof

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The remaining question is will the interim coach have the nuts to bench Farve. Make no mistake about it Childress is an gutless idiot but Farve has as much to do with the destruction of the locker room as Childress does. The only thing Farve cares about is finishing his career with his streak intact. The team is secondary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Right. They should have done a lot of things sooner. 

1.) Get rid of Chilly as soon as he traded a 3rd for Moss, again when he bailed on Moss, and again when ... well, just every game. 
    2.) Benched Favre three games ago.

They have a boatload of RAW talent and only need a coach and QB to right that ship. I could see them entering a Michael Vick sweepstakes if he makes it to FA next season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I think Vick would be crazy to leave Andy Reid's playcalling to go elsewhere.  I understnad that his study habits have improved drastically and he's not hanging out with the same bad influences anymore, but Reid's offensive intelligence and way with QBs (he won a lot with A.J. Feeley and the 3rd stringer when McNabb got hurt) is also playing a big role in Vick's success.

At the same time, Vick, Peterson, Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe would be all kinds of exciting to watch...

But yes, it's about time that Childress got canned.  Favre's next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Childress fired:
    [QUOTE]Right. They should have done a lot of things sooner.  1.) Get rid of Chilly as soon as he traded a 3rd for Moss, again when he bailed on Moss, and again when ... well, just every game.  2.) Benched Favre three games ago. They have a boatload of RAW talent and only need a coach and QB to right that ship. I could see them entering a Michael Vick sweepstakes if he makes it to FA next season. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

No wonder the KFAN message board is down.

The "talent" fallacy has been the siren song around Winter Park all season, but the truth is the Vikings have been living on borrowed time along both lines, where the strength of any team begins and ends.

This team is in for a long and painful rebuild.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I think Vick would be crazy to leave Andy Reid's playcalling to go elsewhere.  I understnad that his study habits have improved drastically and he's not hanging out with the same bad influences anymore, but Reid's offensive intelligence and way with QBs (he won a lot with A.J. Feeley and the 3rd stringer when McNabb got hurt) is also playing a big role in Vick's success. At the same time, Vick, Peterson, Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe would be all kinds of exciting to watch... But yes, it's about time that Childress got canned.  Favre's next.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Vick isn't going to leave the Eagles. The biggest shame of the Vikings debacle is that one of the best RBs in the game is wasting his career with a totally screwed up organization.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

he deserved it...he was a pompus *ss and made bad decisions that directly affected a potential final 4 team...    thats the NFL... you screw up that means not for long...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Damn...I was hoping they would keep him through the end of the year to maximize our 3rd round draft pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]he deserved it...he was a pompus *ss and made bad decisions that directly affected a potential final 4 team...    thats the NFL... you screw up that means not for long...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

With his recent contract extension I wonder how much he'll be making as an ex coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Childress fired : With his recent contract extension I wonder how much he'll be making as an ex coach.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

The buyout is around $6.5 million.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I get no statisfaction from a man losing his job but some where inside my body there is a smile.........................I never liked him...........Major Dad Gerald Mc Grainey looking goof
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Don't worry he's still getting paid. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]Damn...I was hoping they would keep him through the end of the year to maximize our 3rd round draft pick.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

As long as Brett is starting and throwing to the opposing team like the hotshot gunslinger he is, then we don't have to worry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Childress fired : The buyout is around $6.5 million.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The sports version of the corporate golden parachute.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Childress fired : As long as Brett is starting and throwing to the opposing team like the hotshot gunslinger he is, then we don't have to worry.
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

Like any good soap opera the story goes on even after one of the main characters is killed off.

In the continuing saga....

If the Vikings were smart they'd bench Farve immediately and give Jackson some quality time behind center to see if he is the direction they want to go in next season. Farve of course would immediately retire in order to go out with his streak intact. Never mind that it would finally expose him once as and for all as the self serving weenie he is. Especially since he's made it clear he would not mentor another QB. Showing the kind of class Bledsoe showed when Brady replaced him is not in Farve's personality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I had Wade Phillips, Chilly and Norv Turner in the company pool. Go Broncos.....I guess.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Childress fired : Like any good soap opera the story goes on even after one of the main characters is killed off. In the continuing saga.... If the Vikings were smart they'd bench Farve immediately and give Jackson some quality time behind center to see if he is the direction they want to go in next season. Farve of course would immediately retire in order to go out with his streak intact. Never mind that it would finally expose him once as and for all as the self serving weenie he is. Especially since he's made it clear he would not mentor another QB. Showing the kind of class Bledsoe showed when Brady replaced him is not in Farve's personality.

T-Jack was Chilly's personal project. The only reason he is still on the team instead of Sage (Against the Machine) Rosenfels is because of Mr. Noodle's ego, and his contract is up at the end of the season.

Without knowing what the Vikes' long-range plans are at coach, my guess would be that the T-Jacker is -- like the fabled wild goose in winter -- long gone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sage Against The Machine is now my favorite death metal band....thanks PraMike.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Chris Berman gets all his best stuff from me.

Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Chilly is an idoit.  Vikes should be in the hunt for Vick next year, or they should draft a QB with their high first round pick.  They have a fine team, and with a Cower or Gruden as coach next year, could be back as a contender in NFC soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Chilly is an idoit.  Vikes should be in the hunt for Vick next year, or they should draft a QB with their high first round pick.  They have a fine team, and with a Cower or Gruden as coach next year, could be back as a contender in NFC soon.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

Would Cower or Gruden play for such a screwed up organization?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The real tragedy is that Peterson has to play for these bozos. He's easily one of the 5 best players in the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Childress fired:
    [QUOTE] About time

Childress has never recovvered from that 31-7 2006 beat down at the hands of the Pats. At the time, the Vikings were 4-2, and considered to be one of the top teams in the NFL. This loss ruined the Vikings' season, as it provided a blue-print for the rest of the league as to how to beat Minnesota.

Thereafter, Chidress started taking spygate related shots at BB and the Patriots: http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/10/25/brad-childress-is-no-fan-of-bill-belichick-and-the-patriots/

Bye bye, clown.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Let's not forget this is the genius that allegedly stole Harvin from us.

Sections
Shortcuts