Chip Kelley wants BB's Job?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Chip Kelley wants BB's Job?!

Hey as long as its about 10 years down the road, I'm ok with that! Probably just oregons version of Shaughnessey running away at the keyboard!

Oregon reporter speculates on Chip Kelly's grand plan

One Oregon sports writer thinks he knows why Oregon coach Chip Kelly isn't taking a job in the NFL just yet.

According to John Canzano of The Oregonian, Kelly is holding out for something bigger than the Philadelphia Eagles or the Cleveland Browns: he wants Bill Belichick's job.

Canzano wrote, "I think the job Kelly absolutely wants is the [job] currently held by 60-year-old three-time Super Bowl champion head coach Bill Belichick, who is as close to Kelly in his monomaniacal drive and ultimate hands-on style as there is in sports.”

Kelly is the head coach for the Oregon Ducks, and as Canzano points out, "Belichick has unique control of Robert Kraft‘s franchise in the same way Kelly does at Oregon."

With Kelly as their head coach, the Ducks have gone 46-7 in the last four seasons and made four consecutive BCS Bowl games.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2013/01/oregon_reporter.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Chip Kelley wants BB's Job?!

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey as long as its about 10 years down the road, I'm ok with that! Probably just oregons version of Shaughnessey running away at the keyboard!

One Oregon sports writer thinks he knows why Oregon coach Chip Kelly isn't taking a job in the NFL just yet.

According to John Canzano of The Oregonian, Kelly is holding out for something bigger than the Philadelphia Eagles or the Cleveland Browns: he wants Bill Belichick's job.

Canzano wrote, "I think the job Kelly absolutely wants is the [job] currently held by 60-year-old three-time Super Bowl champion head coach Bill Belichick, who is as close to Kelly in his monomaniacal drive and ultimate hands-on style as there is in sports.”

Kelly is the head coach for the Oregon Ducks, and as Canzano points out, "Belichick has unique control of Robert Kraft‘s franchise in the same way Kelly does at Oregon."

With Kelly as their head coach, the Ducks have gone 46-7 in the last four seasons and made four consecutive BCS Bowl games.

[/QUOTE]

chip is overvaluing himself...he may find he holds out for offers that don't come so maybe he better reconsider the ones he is getting

he fails to realize fame and success in the NCAA is nice but this is the NFL and he is nothing special here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Rather have Nick Saban? Or Nick Satan to ND fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's already failed inthe NFL and slinked out the back door

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

That's a good ten years down the road, and even then, that's probably Josh McDaniel's job. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

1 more Ring +1 year for BB then, let Chip or Saban come in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

in 5 more years he (kelly) may earn it. (saban is older than bb, otherwise, hed be great)

id prefer kelly over josh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes but when bb retires he will be older than him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's already failed inthe NFL and slinked out the back door

[/QUOTE]

he didnt have a qb.

how did bb do in cleveland in rd 1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1 more Ring +1 year for BB then, let Chip or Saban come in

[/QUOTE]

5-10 more for bb then maybe chip if hes the best out there (saban will be up there 61 now)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Without Brady and Belichick does the Patriots job mean anything?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nope

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think its one of teh top 3 or 4 orgs in football, so yes it matters and means a lot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I would rather have Kelley then Saban becaseu succesful or not Saban would only stay a couple years and go on to the next job. Here is another version of the article:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/360654-kelly-waiting-for-the-patriots?sct=hp_bf2_a4&eref=sihp

To be sure, Bill Belichick is no threat to leave the Patriots any time soon, but who in the world, when the time comes, would replace him? [When] you turn down three NFL teams in a 12-month period, it can mean only one thing -- you know exactly which NFL job you truly covet and are willing to wait for it. [Chip Kelly] told me once, "My dream job is always the one I have." ... What I believe now is that Kelly, who makes $3.5 million in guaranteed salary and has the blessing of Nike-infused infrastructure, knows his current gig is the best amateur coaching job in America. I now suspect he would only trade it for the dream gig of every little kid who grows up in New England -- head coach of the Patriots.