1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Choose your Faction.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

That's just it.  Even when there is a plethora of opinions swinging wildly from one extreme to another, sometimes the extreme viewpoint may have a touch believability with some caveat.  To say a players sucks, or BB sucks as a HC/GM, etc... is usually made when something hasn't gone right.  Like after a loss.  As a fan, posting to this forum, we all have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight which the players/coaches do not have at the time of their decision.

Arguably, something hasn't gone right for 9 years.

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB,

That is the only goal.

So, most of your life is full of disapointment as a fan of any professional team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

sorry Babe. I think the majority here think mostly #2 amended to;

2. The GM is league average Faction: Average decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a very good team that is not quite good enough to win the SB unless there is a perfect storm ( little injury games lost, Brady plays all pro every game, the FG kicker never misses, the playoffs are home and the weather is very cold)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Put me in the #2.5 faction.

Everyone has to play better, simple as that.

BB needs to bring in better players and get better talent or do a better job of it. (meaning less misses on FA, draft picks etc..)

but all the blame cant go on BB too, TB is 8-8 since starting 10-0 in the playoffs. His numbers have fallen come January. We dont score our regular season average come January. That's on TB there.

The "ego" of TB is a joke. TB does what BB builds the team for: the shotgun. any idiot who says Brady has an ego and wants the gun is stupid becuase BB has the final say and builds the team around TB. So that is on BB too

Fact is, the team is consistently good from TB the QB and BB the HC but in the end we are just 2 win away the last two years from the title. so we arent that far off. so to take an extreme on each side is rediculous becuase we are right there every year.

+1 It's a team game, period. Erasing one of these so-called "problems" that the factions point out isn't gonna cut it. This franchise needs to execute better in all phases.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The question is which comes closest to your view. Some may not have one they see as standing out above the others. But then some clearly do and apparently will not say so.

My view of you is that you don't lean significantly toward a specific choice.

But, let's say you HAD to pick one, which would you choose?

if there was a gun to my head and I had to choose one I'd have to go with #2. BB is the greatest HC of all-time and that has carried some of the GMs questionable moves over the years. The great defensive mind hasnt had a good D since 2007 when most of the 2004 anchors were still there. thats my knock on him

but a gun isnt to my head and I still think part blame can be on Brady too but alot on BB as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That's just it.  Even when there is a plethora of opinions swinging wildly from one extreme to another, sometimes the extreme viewpoint may have a touch believability with some caveat.  To say a players sucks, or BB sucks as a HC/GM, etc... is usually made when something hasn't gone right.  Like after a loss.  As a fan, posting to this forum, we all have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight which the players/coaches do not have at the time of their decision.

Arguably, something hasn't gone right for 9 years.

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB,

That is the only goal.

So, most of your life is full of disapointment as a fan of any professional team.

Well no, it's all very entertaining, and hopeful even, until the moment of failure.

But, I get no satisfaction whatsoever from epic fails.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The question is which comes closest to your view. Some may not have one they see as standing out above the others. But then some clearly do and apparently will not say so.

My view of you is that you don't lean significantly toward a specific choice.

But, let's say you HAD to pick one, which would you choose?

if there was a gun to my head and I had to choose one I'd have to go with #2. BB is the greatest HC of all-time and that has carried some of the GMs questionable moves over the years. The great defensive mind hasnt had a good D since 2007 when most of the 2004 anchors were still there. thats my knock on him

but a gun isnt to my head and I still think part blame can be on Brady too but alot on BB as well

I'll put you down for #2 then. I understand that not all are 100% in one faction or the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Put me in the #2.5 faction.

Everyone has to play better, simple as that.

BB needs to bring in better players and get better talent or do a better job of it. (meaning less misses on FA, draft picks etc..)

but all the blame cant go on BB too, TB is 8-8 since starting 10-0 in the playoffs. His numbers have fallen come January. We dont score our regular season average come January. That's on TB there.

The "ego" of TB is a joke. TB does what BB builds the team for: the shotgun. any idiot who says Brady has an ego and wants the gun is stupid becuase BB has the final say and builds the team around TB. So that is on BB too

Fact is, the team is consistently good from TB the QB and BB the HC but in the end we are just 2 win away the last two years from the title. so we arent that far off. so to take an extreme on each side is rediculous becuase we are right there every year.

+1 It's a team game, period. Erasing one of these so-called "problems" that the factions point out isn't gonna cut it. This franchise needs to execute better in all phases.

If you don't have the talent, no amount of execution will prevail because overall you are executing at your peak.

Do you think some are HOFers because they executed better, or they are just better?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

"Hello my name is Babe. I know more about football than any of you. In fact I know more about football than Bill Belichick, and would make a much better general manager (and probably head coach too) than he is. Its a simple thing to build a team that wins the Super Bowl every year, and you should believe that just because I said it."

Hi Babe!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I'm in the Kraft/Belichik/Brady faction. In this era of Patriot football you can't seperate the 3 as much as many here want to and try.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

You're asking for common sense from the OP?

The man's a quack.

That puts you in the BIAQ Faction then (the Babe Is A Quack Faction)

I'm in that one too now. Reluctantly

I used to like Babe. I still do, but for no good reason last month he put me on ignore, and ever since I think of him as "that old cuck"...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

"Hello my name is Babe. I know more about football than any of you. In fact I know more about football than Bill Belichick, and would make a much better general manager (and probably head coach too) than he is. Its a simple thing to build a team that wins the Super Bowl every year, and you should believe that just because I said it."

Hi Babe!!

Yeah numbnuts, but it'd been 9 years. Should have ignored your stupidity long ago. So sick of morons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I'm in the Kraft/Belichik/Brady faction. In this era of Patriot football you can't seperate the 3 as much as many here want to and try.

That answer is disqualified.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

LOL... does this mean I can't have what's behind door number 3?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Hi Babe!!

Yeah numbnuts, but it'd been 9 years. Should have ignored your stupidity long ago. So sick of morons.

You are very angry today. You should get ahold of Rusty, he has connections to some very good weed and apparently has quite a way with the ladies. I'm sure he could hook you up with either or both to help release some of your stress. Also, isn't it about time for one of your semi annual retirements? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

yup, team game. team wins, team loses

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

giving an honest answer I tend to fall in number 1, this team has supplied me with a lot of favorable moments over the last 12 years(or so) I have fallen prey to believing they can and will do anything. I am completely comfortable being tagged a homer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tg19pats07's comment:

giving an honest answer I tend to fall in number 1, this team has supplied me with a lot of favorable moments over the last 12 years(or so) I have fallen prey to believing they can and will do anything. I am completely comfortable being tagged a homer.

You have a ton of company. But the question isn't about whether you're happy being a fan of this team. We all are happy being a fan of this team. It's a question of whether one can objectivily analyze the team, or prefers to simply be an oblivious cheerleader.

Got you down for #1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It means you don't get to brag about being able to answer a simple question Smile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

yup, team game. team wins, team loses

Yeah, so let's get rid of Brady at QB and BB as HC because that won't even slow down the awesome team we have put together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

It means you don't get to brag about being able to answer a simple question Smile.

Sorry, I just don't fit into one of the boxes you presented. Perhaps you can add another choice?

Other

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

joepatsfan there is atleast 65 years inbetween you and babe so realize he could drop at any moment... 

im in my own faction. but i stand by rusty.

rally and joe are my boys but its rusty till i die

down with tfb12

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yeah, so let's get rid of Brady at QB and BB as HC because that won't even slow down the awesome team we have put together.

obviously not babe.

TB can play better in the playoffs. fact.

The playoffs losses are not all TB's fault (unlike what Rusty says). fact.

The team building and players around TB could be better. fact.

The defense hasn't been above average or at times even average since 2007. fact.

Brady's playoff stats have dropped even with weapons (2007, 2011, 2012) but the defense around him has sucked or just been average at best since 2008.

TB carries this team in the regular season, no doubt.

but then falters a little come playoffs and the defense cant cover his asz at all. fact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

joepatsfan there is atleast 65 years inbetween you and babe so realize he could drop at any moment... 

im in my own faction. but i stand by rusty.

rally and joe are my boys but its rusty till i die

down with tfb12

hahahaha i know dude.
    you are hilarious

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

You have a ton of company. But the question isn't about whether you're happy being a fan of this team. We all are happy being a fan of this team. It's a question of whether one can objectivily analyze the team, or prefers to simply be an oblivious cheerleader.

Got you down for #1.

So what you are saying is anyone who doesn't agree completely with everything you say is not objective, because whatever you say is 100% correct. I get it now. Thanks Barack.

Objectively, since the time Bill Belichick took over as head coach and general manager of the New England Patriots (i.e. his ENTIRE body of work here), the team has won more games, more playoff games and more Super Bowls than any other team in the league. Those are the facts. They are not disputable. But somehow that is not seen as good enough for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Got you down for #1.

So what you are saying is anyone who doesn't agree completely with everything you say is not objective, because whatever you say is 100% correct. I get it now. Thanks Barack.

Objectively, since the time Bill Belichick took over as head coach and general manager of the New England Patriots (i.e. his ENTIRE body of work here), the team has won more games, more playoff games and more Super Bowls than any other team in the league. Those are the facts. They are not disputable. But somehow that is not seen as good enough for you.

What are you whining about, you admitted you were a homer? The very term indicates a lack of objectivity. LMAO

Of course I'm right. The facts show that.

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know about BB's awesome record, once Brady came into his world.

One playoff appearance in 7 f'n tries without Brady. Live with it!

There's your f'n FACT!

(Don't mind me, I just find homers insufferable, whatever their team. That doesn't mean I think they're bad people. It just means their viewpoint isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell.)

Last reply to you. Your contributions here are worthless.

Sections
Shortcuts