Choose your Faction.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Choose your Faction.

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of us are hopeful, some are hopeless. Put me in HF if you must.

Remember this thread from 2009 Babe?

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/players-pats-passed-on-that-they-will-regret-later/100/6214746

In this thread you'll find Babe and TexasPat defending Belichick's drafting.

[/QUOTE]

Oops

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Arguably, something hasn't gone right for 9 years.

[/QUOTE]

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB,

[/QUOTE]

That is the only goal.

[/QUOTE]

So, most of your life is full of disapointment as a fan of any professional team.

[/QUOTE]

Well no, it's all very entertaining, and hopeful even, until the moment of failure.

But, I get no satisfaction whatsoever from epic fails.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting you use the term "epic fail".  The Pats aren't anywhere close to being an "epic fail" type of franchise.  Now, if you were a fan of the Falcons or Texans this past season, those are two classic examples of epic failures this past season.  The Pats getting to the AFCCG or the SB  is no where near an epic fail.

[/QUOTE]

Losing AFCCGs and SBs are the epitome of what epic fails are. Did they fail? Was the situation epic? Yes, and yes.

Probably the greatest epic fail of all-time was losing the 2007 SB to end the perfect season.

Just losing is just failing. It's not epic.

Do you actually think the Bills losing 4 SBs in a row was them having great seasons?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only Faction that continues to rear its ugly head is the one that pretends to believe BB is a good head coach.

Clearly the OP thinks BB the GM does not have a clue how to evaluate talent so its clear he would think BB the coach would never be able to decide what players should play what positions since he can't evaluate strengths and weakness of those players to begin with.

The lunatic obviously somehow believes BB is two distinctly different people.

The only superbowl appearing organization to never have a season with fewer wins than 10 since 2004. Need talent to win and they keep winning more than anyone else. Who brings in that talent to keep winning at a high rate every year? Let me help you with that, the GM.

Obviously the OP is a fraud and just thinks its all Brady.

Let's recap.

• Babe does not think BB knows how to evaluate talents of players, yet somehow magically is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB listens to any outside people he works with now or has worked with in the past yet somehow he thinks BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB only surrounds himself with yes men yet thinks BB is a good coach.
    • Babe does not think BB hires anyone good to be coordinators and his coaches are leaving to get away from BB but somehow still believes BB is a great coach.
    • Babe thinks BB would be nothing without TB since he always cites BB's record in Cleveland without Brady and still be Babe tries to convince you he belives BB is a good coach.

In short, Babe = Fraud. (consider yourself informed)

[/QUOTE]

Yup

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk about a biased question! Notice how all but #2 gets a negative comment by the OP. Or in other words, if one doesn't take #2, one is an idiot. It makes for a thread where any opinion not in line with the OP gets ridiculed.

[/QUOTE]

Are the questions biased, or the comments?

[/QUOTE]

Your descriptions of 3 out of 4 factions are negative, which makes the overall question of picking a faction, biased in favor of #2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Talk about a biased question! Notice how all but #2 gets a negative comment by the OP. Or in other words, if one doesn't take #2, one is an idiot. It makes for a thread where any opinion not in line with the OP gets ridiculed.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your descriptions of 3 out of 4 factions are negative, which makes the overall question of picking a faction, biased in favor of #2.

[/QUOTE]

So? It doesn't bias the question. Just because I characterize the Factions a certain way that has no bearing necessarily on the choice a person may make.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

giving an honest answer I tend to fall in number 1, this team has supplied me with a lot of favorable moments over the last 12 years(or so) I have fallen prey to believing they can and will do anything. I am completely comfortable being tagged a homer.

[/QUOTE]

You have a ton of company. But the question isn't about whether you're happy being a fan of this team. We all are happy being a fan of this team. It's a question of whether one can objectivily analyze the team, or prefers to simply be an oblivious cheerleader.

Got you down for #1.

[/QUOTE]

Yes being objective is easy, I am a fan not the owner, the pasts have many faults that people on this site point out regularly.  My feeling is the biggest weaknelilies in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately I have no say in who gets picked and where the money is spent so I will continue to be a fan and a homer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

giving an honest answer I tend to fall in number 1, this team has supplied me with a lot of favorable moments over the last 12 years(or so) I have fallen prey to believing they can and will do anything. I am completely comfortable being tagged a homer.

[/QUOTE]

You have a ton of company. But the question isn't about whether you're happy being a fan of this team. We all are happy being a fan of this team. It's a question of whether one can objectivily analyze the team, or prefers to simply be an oblivious cheerleader.

Got you down for #1.

[/QUOTE]

Yes being objective is easy, I am a fan not the owner, the pasts have many faults that people on this site point out regularly.  My feeling is the biggest weaknelilies in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately I have no say in who gets picked and where the money is spent so I will continue to be a fan and a homer. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you feel picking a faction other than "homer" somehow makes someone not a fan?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guru Meditation

Varnish Cache Server

Just sayin...

[/QUOTE]

You, too, eh?

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I thought it was something mystical the first time.  But alas, not so much...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Guru Meditation

Varnish Cache Server

Just sayin...

[/QUOTE]

You, too, eh?

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I thought it was something mystical the first time.  But alas, not so much...

[/QUOTE]

Almost other-worldly, perhaps.  Or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm in the:

Never-let-it-be-said-that-Babe-will-ask-a-benign-question faction. 

You do realize, young fella, that you're asking people when did they stop beating their wives?

And if it seems like I'm thread-crapping mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa.

[/QUOTE]

It's all part of the therapy program Geez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

[/QUOTE]

None of the above.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Boy...  these factions are at the "extreme" ends of either spectrums fans here seem to take. Rusty = All Brady's fault, BB is the mighty OZ, defense has never lost a football game.  Babe = Brady is great and BB is a numbskull.  No middle, huh?

How about "Common Sense".  In this area, one accepts the fact all players and coaches are doing their best to win and being human, can make mistakes and not be correct with their decision 100% of the time.  There is no "right or wrong", as fans in any of the above factions may feel their position is "right with no wrong" as they appear to be more subjective based on "opinions" than reality.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

[/QUOTE]

This looks good too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

[/QUOTE]

That's #1. Thanks for your input.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not at all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

5: The OP is a cranky miserable curmudgeon with an ego the size of Mt. Washington, whose football knowledge wouldn't half fill a thimble.

...and no, I'm not Griswold.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've said this before, I'll say it again...I think Belichick knows what talent looks like, I think he is smart, I think he has made some good picks/good signings/trades, I think he has made some bad ones too. I think the problem I have had over the last 5 years with him as a team builder is that he has gone to great lengths to get the better of the deal...weather that be NOT selecting a player with the thought he could trade back and get a player he had valued at a certain level, or had not signed a guy because the numbers just weren't a great value (when he should of). This is the stuff I feel has hurt us...trying to be the smartest one in the room, while other people are picking the players they should be while we are trying to trade back...trying to get an outstanding deal when others are paying good players what they are worth and getting production out of them.

I don't think ther is anyone in the organization that will stand up to him at this point, and I don't think that is good...people need that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I would of broke it down to an even simpler form.

Q - Has all this success been a result of BB or Brady?

A - BRADY!!!

BB averages 8 win a year without Brady, with 0 Super Bowls and gets fired by 2006.  This years team would of won 2 games without Brady.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5: The OP is a cranky miserable curmudgeon with an ego the size of Mt. Washington, whose football knowledge wouldn't half fill a thimble.

[/QUOTE]

Another malevolent moron for the ignore pile. My football knowledge is 1000X yours, so I guess yours wouldn't fit on the head of a pin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridiculous how all the success can be attributed to TB and the shortcomings to BB.

Did anyone even take into account that BB has had a bigger challenge of putting together a team around TB since his cap hit jumped to 10% or more? Yes, that happened in 2005.

There were only two years since when TB had a 7% hit - 2007, when they were really close to winning it all, and in 2012, they played in the AFCCG.

Why is it that people think that being a great QB is exclusive of having played bad in recent playoff games? Is it logically impossible for those two to coexist. NO!

It did not help either that over the last four years, they were an injury or more from achieving the ultimate goal. The team has been consistently close despite having to pick late every year.

GMs who say TB is the only reason the Pats have been contending every year are saying that to cover their own behinds.

[/QUOTE]

Answer disqualified - rambling.

[/QUOTE]

Did not read what you wanted to?

[/QUOTE]

they still celebrating around Seattle?

[/QUOTE]

In their own little ways, yes... and will be for a long time.

I guessing Top Pot doubled Tate's supply of maple bars.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So? It doesn't bias the question. Just because I characterize the Factions a certain way that has no bearing necessarily on the choice a person may make.

[/QUOTE]

No, not necessarily. But common man, that question was as biased as any I have ever seen. It wasn't you putting up four factions of equal value for us to choose from, it was you putting up four factions, with one being your own personal favorite, and it influenced the way you wrote it. And the way you wrote was trying to influence us to give a specific answer.

That we may be able to overlook the bias in answering the question doesn't mean it isn't there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, not necessarily. But common man, that question was as biased as any I have ever seen. It wasn't you putting up four factions of equal value for us to choose from, it was you putting up four factions, with one being your own personal favorite, and it influenced the way you wrote it. And the way you wrote was trying to influence us to give a specific answer.

That we may be able to overlook the bias in answering the question doesn't mean it isn't there.

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, the question is not biased, the comments were.

Can you provide me with evidence that the question itself is biased?

The factions listed are:

Homer Faction (HF),

The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF),

Brady is the problem Faction (BPF),

Running the ball wins Faction (RWF):

The question asked was:

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

There is no bias in the question.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got you down for #1.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you feel picking a faction other than "homer" somehow makes someone not a fan?

[/QUOTE]

No it is just the way I feel sports is entertainment for me. people get paid good money to run the pats and overall I feel like they do a great job. The one thing about this site is that it demonstrates the different types of fans. I read the comments to see different perspectives and find the majority of the posts interesting. I am however more of a homer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in the:

Never-let-it-be-said-that-Babe-will-ask-a-benign-question faction. 

You do realize, young fella, that you're asking people when did they stop beating their wives?

And if it seems like I'm thread-crapping mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa.

[/QUOTE]

It's all part of the therapy program Geez.

[/QUOTE]

<Rapidly thumbing threw my Medicare Handbook and Tricare-For-Life Guide to see if this covered>

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another malevolent moron for the ignore pile. My football knowledge is 1000X yours, so I guess yours wouldn't fit on the head of a pin.

[/QUOTE]

Knowledge is power.

Sections
Shortcuts