Choose your Faction.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Choose your Faction.

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Choose your Faction.

I am on the opposite side of whoever thinks BB is an idiot and should be fired...which is probably only a handful of guys like the OP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Boy...  these factions are at the "extreme" ends of either spectrums fans here seem to take. Rusty = All Brady's fault, BB is the mighty OZ, defense has never lost a football game.  Babe = Brady is great and BB is a numbskull.  No middle, huh?

How about "Common Sense".  In this area, one accepts the fact all players and coaches are doing their best to win and being human, can make mistakes and not be correct with their decision 100% of the time.  There is no "right or wrong", as fans in any of the above factions may feel their position is "right with no wrong" as they appear to be more subjective based on "opinions" than reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am on the opposite side of whoever thinks BB is an idiot and should be fired...which is probably only a handful of guys like the OP.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this.

He forgot to add 2(b):  

The Brady Fan Boy Faction

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy...  these factions are at the "extreme" ends of either spectrums fans here seem to take. Rusty = All Brady's fault, BB is the mighty OZ, defense has never lost a football game.  Babe = Brady is great and BB is a numbskull.  No middle, huh?

How about "Common Sense".  In this area, one accepts the fact all players and coaches are doing their best to win and being human, can make mistakes and not be correct with their decision 100% of the time.  There is no "right or wrong", as fans in any of the above factions may feel their position is "right with no wrong" as they appear to be more subjective based on "opinions" than reality.

[/QUOTE]

You're asking for common sense from the OP?

The man's a quack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

[/QUOTE]

That's #1. Thanks for your input.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I know you don't want a hybrid, but looking at the choices there certainly can be overlap between the groups.  Imagine a Venn Diagram.  These factions are not all mutually exclusive.

Is it a violation to add another faction?

I belong to the MacGyver Faction (MF) whereby MacGyver could be either the coach or TB.  The team is an assemblage of random parts.  It's like going to the scrap yard and trying to find the right materials to build a rocket to take you to the moon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Put me in the #2.5 faction.

Everyone has to play better, simple as that.

BB needs to bring in better players and get better talent or do a better job of it. (meaning less misses on FA, draft picks etc..)

but all the blame cant go on BB too, TB is 8-8 since starting 10-0 in the playoffs. His numbers have fallen come January. We dont score our regular season average come January. That's on TB there.

The "ego" of TB is a joke. TB does what BB builds the team for: the shotgun. any idiot who says Brady has an ego and wants the gun is stupid becuase BB has the final say and builds the team around TB. So that is on BB too

Fact is, the team is consistently good from TB the QB and BB the HC but in the end we are just 2 win away the last two years from the title. so we arent that far off. so to take an extreme on each side is rediculous becuase we are right there every year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you don't want a hybrid, but looking at the choices there certainly can be overlap between the groups.  Imagine a Venn Diagram.  These factions are not all mutually exclusive.

I belong to the MacGyver Faction (MF) whereby MacGyver could be either the coach or TB.  The team is an assemblage of random parts.  It's like going to the scrap yard and trying to find the right materials to build a rocket to take you to the moon.

[/QUOTE]

Well, who is assembling the parts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

This is so middle schoolish it actually hurts! I'm not surprised it was Babe that started this.

If BDC would let you know who started the thread, I wouldn't be here now typing this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper2. Show PestZapper2's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a teenage girl? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I have got to be disqulified..there is truth in all these arguments.

8 AFC champiships, 5 SB's in 12 years

No one here should really  2nd guess the team but we do

I agree that nobody does more with less as a coach. But drafting system type guys and ignoring talent has cost them HUGE in the past. However, the last draft was excellent, and trading for Blount was smart. Getting Armstead and Kelly were bad breaks that should have worked out. More of these moves and another draft like the last and there will be less to complain about.

If this team has err'd on playcalling and offense building it was the imabalanced but productive offense 2006-2012 that everyone could figure out but could not stop except in the big games.  Brady played to his own human limitations in the big games..just had too much pressure due to the other team knowing to defend pass first. Balance is less of an issue now as I was happy about last seasons offensive scheme.

I like this premise and BB is not too dumb to realize it. Balance is effective and running when established can eliminate the other teams abililty to come back in a game. But going 3 and out for the first 1.5 qtrs essentially shuts the door an the wearing out of the defense factor...so at some point got to do what it takes to move the ball.

OK..to play by the rules I am closest to #2. If you left off the BB is dumb part and chaged the wording a bit to "balance so you can go with what is effective at the time " I'd be a #4

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm a member of the Satis Faction. If they keep winning 12 games every year with an opportunity to get to the Super Bowl, I'm not going to quibble with how they got there or how much they spent/didn't spend or how Mel Kiper feels about them, and I certainly don't care what trolls and handwringers think.

I'm Satis-fied with the status quo. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PestZapper2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in #2, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a teenage girl? 

[/QUOTE]

Are you a cockroach?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB needs to bring in better players and get better talent or do a better job of it. (meaning less misses on FA, draft picks etc..)

but all the blame cant go on BB too, TB is 8-8 since starting 10-0 in the playoffs. His numbers have fallen come January. We dont score our regular season average come January. That's on TB there.

The "ego" of TB is a joke. TB does what BB builds the team for: the shotgun. any idiot who says Brady has an ego and wants the gun is stupid becuase BB has the final say and builds the team around TB. So that is on BB too

Fact is, the team is consistently good from TB the QB and BB the HC but in the end we are just 2 win away the last two years from the title. so we arent that far off. so to take an extreme on each side is rediculous becuase we are right there every year.

[/QUOTE]

^ Answer disqualified.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Oh, and I like the HC, the GM, the owner and the QB. Satisfied with all of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How extreme can they be when we have a plethora od posters espousing each all the time?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MacGyver (i.e. the Coach and/or TB) has to make it work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have got to be disqulified..there is truth in all these arguments.

8 AFC champiships, 5 SB's in 12 years

No one here should really  2nd guess the team but we do

I agree that nobody does more with less as a coach. But drafting system type guys and ignoring talent has cost them HUGE in the past. However, the last draft was excellent, and trading for Blount was smart. Trading for Armstead and Kelly were bad breaks that should have worked out. More of these moves and another draft like the last and there will be less to complain about.

If this team has err'd on playcalling and offense building it was the imabalanced but productive offense 2006-2012 that everyone could figure out but could not stop except in the big games. Balance is less of an issue now as I was happy about last season. Brady played to his own human limitations in the big games..just had too much pressure due to the other team knowing to defend pass first.

I like this premise and BB is not too dumb to realize it. Balance is effective and running when established can eliminate the other teams abililty to come back in a game. But going 3 and out for the first 1.5 qtrs essentially shuts the door an the wearing out of the defense factor...so at some point got to do what it takes to move the ball.

OK..to play by the rules I am closest to #2. If you left off the BB is dumb part and chaged the wording a bit to "balance so you can go with what is effective at the time " I'd be a #4

[/QUOTE]

I'll mark you down as #2. Thank you for participating and your comments were well said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PestZapper2. Show PestZapper2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in #2, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a teenage girl? 

[/QUOTE]

Are you a cockroach?

[/QUOTE]

You did not answer my question

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MacGyver (i.e. the Coach and/or TB) has to make it work.

[/QUOTE]

TB is going to make the line block better and the defense play better?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in #2, obviously.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a teenage girl? 

[/QUOTE]

Are you a cockroach?

[/QUOTE]

You did not answer my question

[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. cya

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joe, your answer was disqualified b/c you're not "simple" enough to pigeon-hole yourself into one of these stupid factions. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's #1. Thanks for your input.

[/QUOTE]

Not really number one. I don't necessarily agree with every player they pick, trade for or choose to keep, but am smart enough to know that the people making those decisions probably do know better than me who should or should not be kept in the roster based on their years of experience. The team makes it to the playoffs more consistently than any other team. I'm a fan, not an expert, same as everyone else who posts here (For the most part). There are a few who honestly believe what they post makes them experts and smarter than everyone on here and the team of professionals that run the team. They are wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts