1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Choose your Faction.

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

[/QUOTE]

That's #1. Thanks for your input.

[/QUOTE]

Not really number one. I don't necessarily agree with every player they pick, trade for or choose to keep, but am smart enough to know that the people making those decisions probably do know better than me who should or should not be kept in the roster based on their years of experience. The team makes it to the playoffs more consistently than any other team. I'm a fan, not an expert, same as everyone else who posts here (For the most part). There are a few who honestly believe what they post makes them experts and smarter than everyone on here and the team of professionals that run the team. They are wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're also in the Satis Faction. Welcome aboard!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sorry TrueChamp, Salcon, Muzwell and rtuinila, but I cannot count ignored persons answers, if you had enough balls to answer. It has been determined that nothing you have to say is worth reading.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm in the I understand that I have not eaten, breathed and slept football 24 hours a day for the past 40 years, so I don't know as much about evaluating talent, team building, roster decisions or salary cap analysis as someone who has done this for his entire life, and that after watching how the Patriots were run for the first 30 years I followed them is happy with how the team has performed for the for the past 12 years and hope they continue to be one of the top teams for many more years camp.

[/QUOTE]

That's #1. Thanks for your input.

[/QUOTE]

Not really number one. I don't necessarily agree with every player they pick, trade for or choose to keep, but am smart enough to know that the people making those decisions probably do know better than me who should or should not be kept in the roster based on their years of experience. The team makes it to the playoffs more consistently than any other team. I'm a fan, not an expert, same as everyone else who posts here (For the most part). There are a few who honestly believe what they post makes them experts and smarter than everyone on here and the team of professionals that run the team. They are wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Close enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry TrueChamp, Salcon, Muzwell and rtuinila, but I cannot count ignored persons answers, if you had enough balls to answer. It has been determined that nothing you have to say is worth reading.

[/QUOTE]

Obviously we are not truly being "ignored" you crazy old fool.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

TB is going to make the line block better and the defense play better?

[/QUOTE]

And this is different from 2008 - 2013 in what way?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB is going to make the line block better and the defense play better?

[/QUOTE]

And this is different from 2008 - 2013 in what way?

[/QUOTE]

I see no difference at all. What's your point?

BB creates the team. If the parts are not compatible it's on him, not TB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

[/QUOTE]

#1 is rampant at times but is found to an extent on every team as we are fans.

#2 is closest in truth and accuracy despite #1.

#3 is ridiculous to 31 other GMs HCs and fans.

#4 is a well worn bromide that has merit but us severely overrated by those who believe #3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, and I like the HC, the GM, the owner and the QB. Satisfied with all of them.

[/QUOTE]

Muzwell,

Why are you validating this drivel? It just makes BDC encourage this mindless, juvenile, non-football stuff!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy...  these factions are at the "extreme" ends of either spectrums fans here seem to take. Rusty = All Brady's fault, BB is the mighty OZ, defense has never lost a football game.  Babe = Brady is great and BB is a numbskull.  No middle, huh?

How about "Common Sense".  In this area, one accepts the fact all players and coaches are doing their best to win and being human, can make mistakes and not be correct with their decision 100% of the time.  There is no "right or wrong", as fans in any of the above factions may feel their position is "right with no wrong" as they appear to be more subjective based on "opinions" than reality.

[/QUOTE]

How extreme can they be when we have a plethora od posters espousing each all the time?

[/QUOTE]

That's just it.  Even when there is a plethora of opinions swinging wildly from one extreme to another, sometimes the extreme viewpoint may have a touch believability with some caveat.  To say a players sucks, or BB sucks as a HC/GM, etc... is usually made when something hasn't gone right.  Like after a loss.  As a fan, posting to this forum, we all have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight which the players/coaches do not have at the time of their decision.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

#2 run it and dont give up on it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Boy...  these factions are at the "extreme" ends of either spectrums fans here seem to take. Rusty = All Brady's fault, BB is the mighty OZ, defense has never lost a football game.  Babe = Brady is great and BB is a numbskull.  No middle, huh?

How about "Common Sense".  In this area, one accepts the fact all players and coaches are doing their best to win and being human, can make mistakes and not be correct with their decision 100% of the time.  There is no "right or wrong", as fans in any of the above factions may feel their position is "right with no wrong" as they appear to be more subjective based on "opinions" than reality.

[/QUOTE]

How extreme can they be when we have a plethora od posters espousing each all the time?

[/QUOTE]

That's just it.  Even when there is a plethora of opinions swinging wildly from one extreme to another, sometimes the extreme viewpoint may have a touch believability with some caveat.  To say a players sucks, or BB sucks as a HC/GM, etc... is usually made when something hasn't gone right.  Like after a loss.  As a fan, posting to this forum, we all have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight which the players/coaches do not have at the time of their decision.

[/QUOTE]

Arguably, something hasn't gone right for 9 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe doesn't like us. I guess we'll have to find a way to go on with our lives. If it's even worth living....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh, and I like the HC, the GM, the owner and the QB. Satisfied with all of them.

[/QUOTE]

Muzwell,

Why are you validating this drivel? It just makes BDC encourage this mindless, juvenile, non-football stuff!

[/QUOTE]

I get your point, although I don't think the BDC or the mods or anybody else really cares one way or the other.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

im in the down with tfb12 faction

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB, then 31 teams in the NFL do not get it right every season.  If it is being a competitive team, a team which is in the mix to the end, the Pats have gotten it right more than most NFL teams over the last decade plus.  Otherwise, if your definitition of "right" means the team NEVER makes a mistake in their decision to draft players, call plays etc...  then you have a bar placed where no one can reach it.  Everyone makes a decision thinking they are "right" or made the right choice. Are you one of those folks that does make decisions knowing you are wrong!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.

Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.

2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.

3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").

4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

[/QUOTE]

#1 is rampant at times but is found to an extent on every team as we are fans.

#2 is closest in truth and accuracy despite #1.

#3 is ridiculous to 31 other GMs HCs and fans.

#4 is a well worn bromide that has merit but us severely overrated by those who believe #3

[/QUOTE]

Astonishingly, this bunch is so f'n dysfunctional they can't even answer a simple question as to which of these factions they see as most representative of their view.

If this board was a team, it would be the jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is your definitition of "right"?

If it is the ultimate goal of winning the SB,

[/QUOTE]

That is the only goal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im in the down with tfb12 faction

[/QUOTE]

Got you down for #3 Rusty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Muzwell,

[/QUOTE]

I get your point, although I don't think the BDC or the mods or anybody else really cares one way or the other.

[/QUOTE]

I know but I've been a Pats fan all my life and for most of those years I made up reasons for the Pats to be so bad like, if only that guy hadn't intercepted that pass, the Pats would have won, or, if the Pats could tackle someone they would have won. Of course I knew the QB threw is right at the defender like he was the go to receiver and the Pats really couldn't tackle anyone but it made me feel better about my team!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#2 run it and dont give up on it

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, #4 is run it Harley, not #2.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Babe, What's the tally so far for each faction?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe doesn't like us. I guess we'll have to find a way to go on with our lives. If it's even worth living....

[/QUOTE]

I really like how he took his ball and went home!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since next to nobody can answer the simple question; we have one for #2.

A few others might be interpreted as an answer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NYpatsfan is #3 i would say.

all others dont like to pick extremes I guess

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NYpatsfan is #3 i would say.

all others dont like to pick extremes I guess

[/QUOTE]

The question is which comes closest to your view. Some may not have one they see as standing out above the others. But then some clearly do and apparently will not say so.

My view of you is that you don't lean significantly toward a specific choice.

But, let's say you HAD to pick one, which would you choose?

Sections
Shortcuts