In response to rkarp's comment:
In response to BabeParilli's comment:
There seem to be several factions of thought around these parts.
Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)
1. Homer Faction (HF): All our players and coaches are the best. Every draft pick and FA signing is brilliant. A bad defense is good. Mickey mouse receivers are excellent.
2. The GM is mediocre Faction (MGMF): Poor decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a mediocre team otherwise.
3. Brady is the problem Faction (BPF): Brady' poor play and obsession with the shotgun/spread is the cause of our falling short. (Otherwise known as the, "I'm an imbecile like Rusty Faction").
4. Running the ball wins Faction (RWF): Run and balance wins despite whether it is effective or not. BB is too dumb to realize this.
I'm in #2, obviously.
Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?
sorry Babe. I think the majority here think mostly #2 amended to;
2. The GM is league average Faction: Average decisions over and over and over have left us with a great coach, great QB and a very good team that is not quite good enough to win the SB unless there is a perfect storm ( little injury games lost, Brady plays all pro every game, the FG kicker never misses, the playoffs are home and the weather is very cold)
Mediocre means average.