Choose your fiction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Choose your fiction

There seem to be several fiction books around these parts. Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck

2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

3. Moby Dick - Herman Melville

4. The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Choose your fiction

This is getting out of hand!!! I now have to choose within a genre. I  choose Science Fiction! The Dune series... the movie sucked but the books were well worth the read.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oddlyenough. Show oddlyenough's posts

The Bible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

If I have to choose a fiction on a Pats forum, I would think the choices would be along the lines of

1.  TB sucks, that's why we don't win SBs anymore

2.  BB sucks, that's why we don't win SBs anymore

3.  WW is the reason we lost 42 & 46

4.  Spygate was real, and since Karma is a B, that's why we don't win SBs anymore.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I now feel Babes frustration...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ahhh,,  the offseason is in Full Swing....

Someone needs to hire some strippers!  smh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I choose #3 but only because I cut out the middle of that book and hide my weed there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I now feel Babes frustration...

Did you start a "Choose your frustration" thread yet?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

This is getting out of hand!!! I now have to choose within a genre. I  choose Science Fiction! The Dune series... the movie sucked but the books were well worth the read.

SciFi is the ticket.  Count me in!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

#4, but I'd substitute Crime and Punishment (the greatest work of fiction of all time).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Solid 1.

Steinbeck junkie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The Grapes of Wrath - still speaks to the down and outs and those on the edge of society even after all thesse years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to oddlyenough's comment:

The Bible.

Is this the bible underneath the dog in your avatar? lmao

No, it's you coming out of the dog.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

The Grapes of Wrath - still speaks to the down and outs and those on the edge of society even after all thesse years.

As does To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't think I ever finished The Brothers Karamazov. We had a personal reading class in high school where you had to read so many books every quarter. That book was counted for as many books as you needed for the whole quarter. I'm thinking one book, no problem!! Ha! Only time I got a D in school, my father taught there...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I'll go with Steinbeck of the four. Must admit I have never really had the patience for the Russian writers.

But those are heavyweights. With small kids in the house, I mostly only have time for lighter stuff. I like George R.R. Martin, Ken Follet, Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. Should any of you fall upon books by a Jussi Adler Olsen I'll recommend them. He writes thrillers. Also Swedish author Jan Guillou is pretty decent, and for those of you with kids Astrid Lindgren is a must.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

I'll go with Steinbeck of the four. Must admit I have never really had the patience for the Russian writers.

But those are heavyweights. With small kids in the house, I mostly only have time for lighter stuff. I like George R.R. Martin, Ken Follet, Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. Should any of you fall upon books by a Jussi Adler Olsen I'll recommend them. He writes thrillers. Also Swedish author Jan Guillou is pretty decent, and for those of you with kids Astrid Lindgren is a must.

Song of Ice and Fire is too hip for me to try out, but everyone tells me I am missing out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Song of Ice and Fire is too hip for me to try out, but everyone tells me I am missing out.

And you are. I like how huge it is, the depth of characters, the willingness to kill off important figures, the rawness of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

And you are. I like how huge it is, the depth of characters, the willingness to kill off important figures, the rawness of it.

Yeah, only a matter of time before I give in Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

There seem to be several fiction books around these parts. Pick which one you ascribe to. (Don't try to take a hybrid or you will be disqualified.)

1. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck

2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

3. Moby Dick - Herman Melville

4. The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I'm in #2, obviously.

Okay, if you HAD to pick one of these, understanding that your actual view might be a combination or somehow not exactly one of the above, what would you choose?

got anything more recent to choose from? These are all 50 or more years old

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

All good books, if I had to choose I would go with to kill a mocking bird. I love Steinbeck but thought to kill a mockingbird was great. Favorite football book was Friday night lights, loved it

Sections
Shortcuts