Chris Baker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Chris Baker

Yes, it was only one preseason game, but it got me thinking more and more about Chris Baker.  I think he could probably work out the same way Christian Fauria did in 2002. He's a big target who has a knack for finding the hole in the red zone.

Fauria had 27 receptions and 7 touchdowns.  Baker could be similar.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Chris Baker

My buddy was saying he reminded him of Ben Coates, now i dont think he is a Ben Coates type player as Coates is one of the best but he looked good. He seems to know how to get open and he holds on to teh ball when its in his hands. Ben Watson better watch out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Baker can also block, a talent that seems to be lacking in the other TE's on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I was about to post this same thread, glad to see other feel the same way I do.  I only saw the highlights and this guy looks awesome.   The Ben Coates comparison is a bit much, because Ben Coates would have been considered the best ever if he played with Brady.  But Baker looks like a player that will solidify the TE position for years to come. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Chris Baker:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it was only one preseason game, but it got me thinking more and more about Chris Baker.  I think he could probably work out the same way Christian Fauria did in 2002. He's a big target who has a knack for finding the hole in the red zone. Fauria had 27 receptions and 7 touchdowns.  Baker could be similar.
    Posted by PatsChowder[/QUOTE]

Good, we needed to replace Vrabel in the Red Zone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Baker:
    [QUOTE]I was about to post this same thread, glad to see other feel the same way I do.  I only saw the highlights and this guy looks awesome.   The Ben Coates comparison is a bit much, because Ben Coates would have been considered the best ever if he played with Brady.  But Baker looks like a player that will solidify the TE position for years to come. 
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Give Thomas some credit his blocking has improved and has great hands if given the chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A blocking tight end is good, but if Baker can catch he appears to be a minor find and at the right price.  Kudos to the scouting staff. 

Baker made only three catches but it's a good start.

[QUOTE]Good, we needed to replace Vrabel in the Red Zone
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

If BB really wants to replace Vrabel in the Red Zone, put Vollmer in as a second tight end.  He has one year's experience at TE, so at least he can catch a bit.  At 6' 7 1/2" plus long arms and with athletic lateral movement, he's a big tall target that Brady's mom could hit at a range of 5 yards or so.  If nothing else, Vollmer as a 320 lb blocking tight end could push his guy far back and out of the play.  Do give Vollmer 40,000 reps on the jugs machine this offseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Wasn't Baker the guy who got the big catch on 3rd and 15 in OT on Troy Brown night?

Regardless, i think Baker already made more big plays in one preseason game than Watson made all last year.

Bye bye Ben.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Dustin Keller made the big catch on 3rd down against us last yr.  I guess he made the Jets feel Baker was expendable.  Keller is much faster but pretty much a receiver only.  Baker is a good all-around TE.  One of my best buds is a Jets fan and he was pissed that the Jets waived Baker and we got him.  That makes me feel even better about Baker!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

In Response to Chris Baker:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it was only one preseason game, but it got me thinking more and more about Chris Baker.  I think he could probably work out the same way Christian Fauria did in 2002. He's a big target who has a knack for finding the hole in the red zone. Fauria had 27 receptions and 7 touchdowns.  Baker could be similar.
    Posted by PatsChowder[/QUOTE]

Baker is a lot better than Fauria, he's an excellent blocker and pass protector, he was the best weapon they had on the Jets' team just a couple seasons back, leave it to Mangini to bury his most talented guy and bring in guys both in the draft and FA to replace their strongest Offensive position.

Sections
Shortcuts