Chris Chambers To Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Chris Chambers To Patriots

Chris Chambers to the Patriots think about it him moss welker tate all on the field that is a killer pass threat with maroney running the ball hard latley

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Chris Chambers To Patriots

In Response to Chris Chambers To Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Chris Chambers to the Patriots think about it him moss welker tate all on the field that is a killer pass threat with maroney running the ball hard latley
    Posted by Zeoli42[/QUOTE]

Good One!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

...yet another thread that will live on for ages because of its misleading title.  What was the analogy some poster gave, 
    Daily Headline:
    PRIEST RAPES NUN!
    sub-section: 
    ~Indeed, There was no nun, no priest, and no rape...But what if it did occur?  Also, I saw a nun driving a car once, therefore=my story exhibits credibibility...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Chambers To Patriots:
    [QUOTE]...yet another thread that will live on for ages because of its misleading title.  What was the analogy some poster gave,  Daily Headline: PRIEST RAPES NUN! sub-section:  ~ Indeed, There was no nun, no priest, and no rape...But what if it did occur?  Also, I saw a nun driving a car once, therefore=my story exhibits credibibility...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE

That poster was me, and I feel the same way about this thread. 

Not only that, but I seem to recall the passing of the trade deadline, so it is a moot thread anyway.

How about if we get Tony Gonzalez, Larry Fitzgerald, Jeff Saturday, Cedric Benson, Ray Lewis, Asante Samuels, Champ Bailey, Jason Taylor and to top it off, Peyton Manning as a back-up.  That would make the Pats so much stronger.  Wow this is fun...and pointless. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

yeah, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

wasn't chambers just cut by the bolts.  He's on waivers untill today than he is a free agent, so we could sign this guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

also its an interesting thought.  this guy is on the books for 2+ million so he might clear waivers.  He could make an interesting addition to the pats offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE] That poster was me, and I feel the same way about this thread.  Not only that, but I seem to recall the passing of the trade deadline, so it is a moot thread anyway. How about if we get Tony Gonzalez, Larry Fitzgerald, Jeff Saturday, Cedric Benson, Ray Lewis, Asante Samuels, Champ Bailey, Jason Taylor and to top it off, Peyton Manning as a back-up.  That would make the Pats so much stronger.  Wow this is fun...and pointless. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

It's not really a moot thread, because Chris Chambers was waived by the Chargers and can be claimed.

I agree, though. The thread title is misleading. A question mark at the end of the subject line would have been a good idea here, since this thread contains speculation and is not an actual announcement of any Patriots news.

edit:  I might as well throw in my two cents while I'm here. I think the Pats probably shouldn't bother. There are reasons the Chargers waived him. I've watched several of their games this year, and he was dropping perfectly good passes from Phillip Rivers, in addition to looking like maybe he's lost a step or just isn't giving 100% effort.

Here are his career stats receiving. The ones I find particularly illuminating are bolded. They're his seasons with the Chargers, in which his stats have declined every year in almost every category:

Receiving

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G

2001 23 MIA wr 84 16 7 48 883 18.4 7 74 3.0 55.2                      
    2002 24 MIA WR 84 15 15 52 734 14.1 3 59 3.5 48.9                      
    2003 25 MIA WR 84 16 16 64 963 15.0 11 57 4.0 60.2                      
    2004 26 MIA WR 84 15 15 69 898 13.0 7 76 4.6 59.9                      
    2005* 27 MIA WR 84 16 16 82 1118 13.6 11 77 5.1 69.9                      
    2006 28 MIA WR 84 16 16 59 677 11.5 4 46 3.7 42.3                      
    2007 29 2TM WR   16 12 66 970 14.7 4 44 4.1 60.6

SDG WR 89 10 7 35 555 15.9 4 44 3.5 55.5

MIA WR
    84 6 5 31 415 13.4 0 28 5.2 69.2                      
    2008 30 SDG WR 89 14 9 33 462 14.0 5 48 2.4 33.0

2009 31 SDG
    89 4
    9 122 13.6 1 20 2.3 30.5

Career         128 106 482 6827 14.2 53 77 3.8 53.3                      
    7 yrs   MIA     100 90 405 5688 14.0 43 77 4.1 56.9                      
    3 yrs   SDG     28 16 77 1139 14.8 10 48 2.8 40.7                      

The Patriots do have Sam Aiken, who is a steady guy and and actually looked great on the screen pass last week that turned into a 54-yard TD. I'm also waiting to see what Brandon Tate can do, because the kid is supposed to have a lot of raw ability and the right tools to work in schemes with Moss and Welker. Finally, the team will eventually have Edelman back from injury, and he was leading all rookies in receptions before he broke his arm. I feel like Chambers would just be adding an unneeded element into the mix at this point in the season, and I'd prefer it if Brady spent his time working on developing chemistry with Aiken and Tate than Aiken, Tate, AND Chambers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Maybe, in Miami, Chris had glue-coated fingers. 

With Edelman out for a while it would be nice to keep the competition hot on the 3rd WR option. 

Two things present a problem with a Chris Chambers signing though, 

1.) Who gets cut? 
    2.) Belichick doesn't like to bring in players who don't have a full grasp of his philosophy. Bringing in a guy at the midway point in the season is a hard thing to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

accordg to belichick on EEI, the pats will have no problem absorbg his 2.5M salary if they had to for the rest of the year. thats if they take him within the next 3 days. if they wait til after then, they would be able to negotiate with him from scratch. looks like its a tire they will kick, an itch they would scratch. bel saw chambers regularly when he was in miami. he can catch the ball and run great rooutes. he cant always get separation but would be a great addition if we can swing it. edelman likely would then be moved to the IR.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Chances of Chambers ending up in New England for the rest of the season, 0000x00000=0..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it wouldnt hurt for insurance.the pats are one injury away from disaster if moss,or welker were to miss time.i dont have any confidence yet in the uprovens aiken tate,or nunn.yes aiken had one good run,but thats been it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

[QUOTE]it wouldnt hurt for insurance.the pats are one injury away from disaster if moss,or welker were to miss time.i dont have any confidence yet in the uprovens aiken tate,or nunn.yes aiken had one good run,but thats been it.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

i think he is heading to the rams

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Chambers To Patriots : i think he is heading to the rams
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE] he could be,other teams that could really use him also would be the cheifs,dolphins,titans,bears.there is rumors of miami.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2009/11/should-dolphins-bring-back-chris-chambers.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I dont think we do this.  Maybe, but I dont think.  His production is off and we are looking for Tate to step up.  I do think we need someone scary on the other side, and that Gaffney and Stallworth were NOT it.  I would rather have a sure hands guy than a fast one, so Chambers makes some sense there, but too much offense for him to learn in week 8.  He would not be useful right away.  Don't see it happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I dont think it will happen either. 

It sounds nice, but lets see what these younger guys have.

I know alot of us are worried about the 3rd reciever, but as long as they make use of thier RB's and TE's they should be ok.

I have a feeling Aiken will start to making some improvements to his offensive game. Instead of just being a third option for TB they probably will start to draw up some plays to get him going.  He is pretty fast in the open field. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]wasn't chambers just cut by the bolts.  He's on waivers untill today than he is a free agent, so we could sign this guy.
    Posted by JaeD[/QUOTE]

My apologies.  Only learned today that Chambers was cut.  Before this thread, I have been reading a lot of threads supposing the Pats get this or that star active star player and it was getting silly.  Thought this was more of the same.

Still, Chambers hasn't produced much in a while.  His last good year was 2005.  I see the Pats making the play-offs, but I don't think they will make it to the AFCC. With that in mind, I would like to see them develop the new, young players they have, instead of bringing in an old, under-producing guy (like Galloway). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Actually, he did go to the Pro Bowl in 2007, but you get my point.   I think Vrabel did too, if I recall, and he never played as well again. 

Chambers is clearly on the downside. And if Galloway couldn't learn this complex, timing-based passing offense within a few months, how is Chambers going to do it in two weeks? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think that this idea should be given creedence.

Who was the coach that discarded Randy Moss?  Uh huh, Norv Turner!  He is the guy with that wallet falling out of his pocket all the time.  What happened last time in Oakland?  Norv ran Moss into the ground.  What happened this time?  It wasn't the divorce, it was clubhouse issues.  Any other famous goofs by Norv?  Absolutely!  There was his trading a 2008 third round pick for a 2009 second to the Pats, thank you. Next, the Miami Dolphins got a second rounder for Chambers who is now worthless to Norv.

If Chambers wants to get away from his ex, Foxboro, MA is as far as he can possibly get and still play in the NFL.  Maybe she won't be a distraction anymore.

Finally there's the prestige factor.  Chambers signs a 1 or 2 year cheap contract with a quality team, gets famous again, and then signs for the big Benjamins.  What could be better?

BB likes to pick up ex-Dolphins.  It's one more way of scouting out a key opponent.  At this point BB has two key games with the Fish.  The Fish played New Orleans kind of tough, but then Chad Henne couldn't throw his lunch last Sunday, so you never know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Chambers To Patriots : My apologies.  Only learned today that Chambers was cut.  Before this thread, I have been reading a lot of threads supposing the Pats get this or that star active star player and it was getting silly.  Thought this was more of the same. Still, Chambers hasn't produced much in a while.  His last good year was 2005.  I see the Pats making the play-offs, but I don't think they will make it to the AFCC. With that in mind, I would like to see them develop the new, young players they have, instead of bringing in an old, under-producing guy (like Galloway). 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Who's going to stop us? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

Not to let the facts get in the way or anything but Norv Turner was fired from the Raiders on January 3, 2006.  Randy Moss was traded to the Pats on April 29, 2007.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Chambers is a Chief

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chris Chambers To Patriots : Who's going to stop us? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Colts?  Broncos?  Steelers? Bengals?

Don't get me wrong, it is not what I want, but the Pats have only beaten one problable play-off caliber team so far, the Falcons.  The are beating middling and broken teams, but they won't be facing those kinds of teams in the play-offs.

They are giving up too many points in red zone D.  they are short at receiver.  The are breaking, not bending, in the fourth quarter.  Special teams kick returning and coverage have been the weakest in years.  With Morris and Taylor down, the running game has taken a serious hit with no defineable solution. Yes, there have been some gains in the DBs, LBs and overall rookie class, but I am a realist, not a blindly subserviant fan.  I want them to win, but I can see their current limitations. I am going to watch every game and enjoy the success they have this season, just as they did last season, but I am not expecting another Lombardi in the case.