Chris Chambers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Chris Chambers

It was just reported that The San Diego Chargers have released WR Chris Chambers. Although our last acquisition of a departed San Diego wideout did not work out the way we could have all hoped, I can't help but think that this guy still has some of the talent that was on display during that monster season he had while playing for Miami during the 05-06 season. Now, you may be saying that that was four years ago and he is too far removed from that season to possibly recapture some of that glory, but let's not forget what people said when we acquired Randy Moss. He certainly proved that players can experience droughts in their careers and regain form. Why don't we ask him where he was in 2004, 2005, and 2006. Anyways, thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-charger-country. Show pats-fan-in-charger-country's posts

Re: Chris Chambers

Sounds like a possiblity. Will depend on how they feel about Tate's progress. What about Nunn? Not sure why he is not getting a shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

I'd like to see Chris Chambers at least get a visit to Foxboro to see what he has left.  I'm sure he'll hook up with some team - he's a big physical receiver - and probably still has some skill left - if he's not expected to do much (like fit into a 3rd receiver role) then maybe its worth a shot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Chambers:
    I'd like to see Chris Chambers at least get a visit to Foxboro to see what he has left.  Posted by Plastics017

might not be a bad idea, he's a seasoned vet

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Agree 100% lets get him!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Are you really compeering Chambers to Moss? really?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he would be a great 3rd WR, the question is the price right, how much does he have left, and how is tate progressing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

the word great and Chris Chambers dont belong in the same sentence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I'd like to see Chris Chambers at least get a visit to Foxboro to see what he has left.  I'm sure he'll hook up with some team - he's a big physical receiver - and probably still has some skill left - if he's not expected to do much (like fit into a 3rd receiver role) then maybe its worth a shot?
    Posted by Plastics017

I just caught wind of this and was about to post it.

I agree completely with you plastics...at least see what he got.  He might end up back in miami being that they need a reciever bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

There are other teams that need him more, and his salary number isn't small though I don't know exactly what it is.  But if the guy can still play and the cap hit isn't too bad, I hope BB at least looks into the situation. The guy was a player for quite awhile, but who knows if he has anything left.

-and to those who are wondering why Nunn hasn't gotten a chance, it's quite simple.  He's not good enough right now, plain and simple.  There are obviously players who the coaches feel are more talented and/or farther along with the offense, that's why he's not seeing the field. Maybe we'll see him later, but right now he's not playing because people who know way way more about football than us have determined that he's not ready to play WR3 for the pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Are you really compeering Chambers to Moss? really?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I compared their respective situations in their careers. I acknowledge that Moss is, and always has been an all-world talent, but I also know that Chambers is not even on Moss' radar in terms of talent, production, hands, speed, leaping ability, or anything relevent to playing football. I'm merely citing that Çhambers is about the same age Moss was when he arrived in New England, and there were some people who questioned whether Moss was still the same player that he was while in Minnesota. There are obviously people who think the same about Chambers, the San Diego front office for one. Am I saying that if Chambers is brought in he will produce a Moss-like impact, absolutely not. But I am saying that if Chambers were to be given a chance in New England he may be able to regain his form from the first half of his career during which he averaged 63 receptions, 919 yards and almost 8 touchdowns. Now to me, that sounds like even more than what we were expecting Galloway to produce. If Chambers is even 75% of the player he was in 2005 then he could be an asset to this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Washed up never will be released because he can't produce.

Check.

Crazy Pats fans speculate that he would be a good fit on their team despite coming into  difficult system midway through the year when he couldn't even grasp a simpler San Diego system in three seasons.

Check.

Hey, Pac Man Jones is still available

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Chris Chambers:
    [QUOTE]It was just reported that The San Diego Chargers have released WR Chris Chambers. Although our last acquisition of a departed San Diego wideout did not work out the way we could have all hoped, I can't help but think that this guy still has some of the talent that was on display during that monster season he had while playing for Miami during the 05-06 season.

Was great in the day but I think we have another Joey Galloway here

Sections
Shortcuts