Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706760/breakdown-carters-second-sack

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Re: Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS"

Thx for posting this.  Didn't know that Albert deserved an assist on that HUGE sack. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

can you imagine how he will be when he's in game shape, gets to know the play of his teammates,  AND knows BBs system?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I really lthink Haynesworth is probably the key to this teams defensive success as the year goes on but on that play I assume a Cowboy offensive lineman just screwed up badly. I can't see any reason to triple team anyone on the field. A player's reputation carries weight in this league long after their skill level has declined. A pass interference call on everyone else is good coverage by Revis. Haynesworth Tennessee reputation still carries water with some Cowboy offensive lineman apparently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS":
     I really lthink Haynesworth is probably the key to this teams defensive success as the year goes on but on that play I assume a Cowboy offensive lineman just screwed up badly. I can't see any reason to triple team anyone on the field. A player's reputation carries weight in this league long after their skill level has declined. A pass interference call on everyone else is good coverage by Revis. Haynesworth Tennessee reputation still carries water with some Cowboy offensive lineman apparently.
    Posted by ccnsd

hi cc,
       re:
     "I really lthink Haynesworth is probably the key to this teams defensive success"

i think that albert is one of the keys to determining the ceiling of our d.

catch your point on revis. i am noticing that "good" defenses who have played us have been "good" at actauly pass interfering and holding receivers without getting called most of the time they do it (as opposed to our db's who mostly give too much space to the receiver all the time, and when they interfere, it gets  called. ie every time i saw our receivers on camera against jets and  cowboys, the were geting grabbed or held

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS":
    Thx for posting this.  Didn't know that Albert deserved an assist on that HUGE sack. 
    Posted by Norger

sure norger, i saw the same thing in the jets game, 3 jets lineman trying to hold albert when one was on wilfork.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS" : sure norger, i saw the same thing in the jets game, 3 jets lineman trying to hold albert when one was on wilfork.
    Posted by brdbreu

This is a great thread.

The video still is the reason for the swtich from 43 to 34, and the nearly total overhaul of the "D".

Now, as the players get healthy, we are seeing the fruition. 

Difference making pressure. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think a great defense has to have two good DT's (or a good NT and DE in the 3-4). The only way a four man rush can beat a five man offensive line consistently is if two guys require double teams (or triple). A great lineman can effect every play, not just the short passes, or long passes, or runs but every play every down. The defensive line of the last couple of years has been Wilfork and some guy. The Pats have solid rotational players, they need another dominating one. Hopefully that is Haynesworth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB said it best:  "It was encouraging."  I really do believe that the Pats D is coming together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think a great defense has to have two good DT's (or a good NT and DE in the 3-4). The only way a four man rush can beat a five man offensive line consistently is if two guys require double teams (or triple). A great lineman can effect every play, not just the short passes, or long passes, or runs but every play every down. The defensive line of the last couple of years has been Wilfork and some guy. The Pats have solid rotational players, they need another dominating one. Hopefully that is Haynesworth.
    Posted by shenanigan

Exactly. It was the biggest flaw in the "D." I wanted to scream everytime I saw a punk like Sancheez carving this team up. He could have drank a cup of tea WITH A SCONE in last year's playoff game. 

Hopefully, AH keeps it up, and Carter keeps up doing more than the "pillow-fight" that TBC and Cunningham bring to the pass rush. 

The "D" makeover looks like it's paying dividends so far. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS" : Exactly. It was the biggest flaw in the "D." I wanted to scream everytime I saw a punk like Sancheez carving this team up. He could have drank a cup of tea WITH A SCONE in last year's playoff game.  Hopefully, AH keeps it up, and Carter keeps up doing more than the "pillow-fight" that TBC and Cunningham bring to the pass rush.  The "D" makeover looks like it's paying dividends so far. 
    Posted by zbellino

sh@t z,

these 2 things have been the same thing in my mind and what ive been experiencing:

1.)
    "It was the biggest flaw in the "D." I wanted to scream everytime I saw a punk like Sancheez carving this team up. He could have drank a cup of tea WITH A SCONE in last year's playoff game."

2.)
    "Hopefully, AH keeps it up, and Carter keeps up doing more than the "pillow-fight" that TBC and Cunningham bring to the pass rush."

my g-d, thats an exact description!  and im watching it like, really?! does he want to get to the qb or just look like hes trying. and hes nott the only one this year ive seen doing that.

additionally,
    are you one of the few seeing guyton just standing around on several plays in most games (ive pointed this out and most have ignored or refuted.

the d has begun to come together as a unit. but they have to do a lot of work to continue to improve to be middle of the pack decent (against good passing teams).

might as well throw this one in.
    have you read what ive been posting elsewhere about the need for an outside the #s receiver (shoulda done a trade or be playing taylor price). and the 6 million reasons #85 is in the rotation instead.

with a legit outside th e#s guy, it would open up welker against the better defenses as well as our tes. critical in playoffs.

thoughts, commnets?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

great now we have 3 guys who sometimes are drawing triple teams. bodes well for the future.

Sections
Shortcuts