Chris Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Chris Henry

Let's say a prayer and hope he pulls through.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Re: Chris Henry

In Response to Chris Henry:
    Let's say a prayer and hope he pulls through.  
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Amen!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Guys sad to say he has died.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

A sad ending indeed.  It looked like he was turning his life around and then this.  Left unsaid was how he fell out of the truck.  Was he trying to climb from the bed into the cab, or did someone slam on brakes, etc.  Just wondering if the driver (fiance) will face charges.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry:
    Guys sad to say he has died.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Oh my gosh! That is horrible! What an awful thing. :(

What is the deal with some of the crazy relationships these guys find themselves in? I could never even fathom being in such volatile situations with my mate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

So sad. Three small children, right before Christmas, really makes you put things in perspective....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Here one minute and gone the next.  He must have been standing up in the back of the pickup as she juked, jived and swerved.  The up-and-down lives that some of these guys experience makes you wonder if they ought to wear full pads and helmets off-the-field as well as on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I feel terrible for his family and friends, and his situation truly is a tragedy.  That being said, I cannot say i feel "sorry" for him because he CONSISTENTLY put himself in terrible situations; before this happened he had been arrested six separate times for various forms of domestic violence and disruption of the peace.  I hoped that he was going to turn his life around, but the fact that he died as a result of yet another domestic dispute is really a shame.  A guy with loads of talent but a broken moral compass, we can only hope that other young players learn from his mistake.  Best wishes to his family and loved ones, you never want to see someone that young pass away, even if they were largely responsible for their own demise.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow, That puts a damper on the day. Sad to hear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The article on ESPN seemed to imply that he was trying to get his woman to talk to him and she drove off, so he jumped in the back of the truck.

I also think that it's hard to tell what happened.  On one hand, Henry has a bad reputation with the law.  On the other hand, he spent his time lately helping Katrina victims in his hometown of New Orleans (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bengals/2009-09-02-henry_N.htm), and people on ESPN boards claimed (unconfirmed) that he had homeless families living in his house...

It made no mention of him hitting her or anything, making it seem that much more strange that she drove off at speed (the only way he could have sustained those kinds of deadly injuries would be if she went over 20-30 mph, or faster than people can run and hit in the NFL - I'd like to think that going over 20-30 mph with a guy in the truck of your bed trying desperately to get your attention is a pretty conscientious decision...)

I'll just go with what KellieMB said - tough break made even tougher before Christmas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Just 26 years young.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynnluvspats. Show lynnluvspats's posts

RIP...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wow, it seems like he couldn't stay away from the people who were bad in his life. 26 with three kids just before Christmas is horrible.
    Now I'm sure the focus will shift to the fiance, I feel bad for the kids.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

RIP Chris Henry

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

A real bad news, I feel sorry for the Bengals fans, he caught my eye when we played them in the pre-season. He got the height, skills and speed...too bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

thoughts and prayers go out to his family anf loved ones

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

*and

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Very very sad. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I cant say I have always liked this kid cause when he was getting into trouble I was all set with him but in the last year or so I have really liked this kid. Sure he came out and had issues but so did Cris carter and he is going to be a hall of famer some day. Guys are not all going to come into the league and do good right off the bat. But he had turned his life around and on top of getting his life worked out outside the game he was really starting to turn heads with his new found work ethic and skills. This kid could have been like a Randy Moss with the skills he was born with. I had always hoped he would get his life together and then get cut so we could sign him and let him learn from Randy and now his life has been cut short. His three kids at home a week before Christmas makes my heart cry for the guy and his family. at 26 years old he should be buying his kid a new bike or something not dyeing in a hospital bed. This is truly a sad day, he could have been a star if he had turned it around sooner and maybe he wouldn't have been in this situation but man o man am i sorry for his kids. RIP

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When something like this happens I can't help but think about all the tragic stuff that happens to regular people that you never hear about. I have difficulty finding sympathy in my heart for people who squander incredible gifts and I'm sorry, but I don't think dying automatically makes you a good person.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Sad to see. My son was getting into the back of a truck 6 months ago and the moron kid driving took off before he was in, luckily he only broke his leg. My heart goes out to this young mans family.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

He might not have been a perfect person PMike that is for sure but I wouldnt call him a bad person. He got in trouble for having a gun not using a gun not much better I know but he never killed anyone or anything. He got in trouble for buying under age girls liqueur which i am sure lots of young players do. He didnt have a dog fighting ring and he didnt kill anyone while driving drunk or anything like that. He made young people mistakes and he was making up for his mistakes now. So he might not have been a "good person" and dyeing doesnt automatically make him a "good person" however he was so bad that you shouldnt feel bad for his kids and his family that he died at such a young age.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything its more of a point of order. If you will....lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry:
    When something like this happens I can't help but think about all the tragic stuff that happens to regular people that you never hear about. I have difficulty finding sympathy in my heart for people who squander incredible gifts and I'm sorry, but I don't think dying automatically makes you a good person.
    Posted by prairiemike

I guess you never made any mistakes when you were young. While granted they were VERY serious mistakes, pretty much everything I've read today says he has spent the last couple of year completely turning his life around.

Not trying to pick a fight either, but I don't think it's fair to judge someone who made a lot of dumb decisions but was trying to make things right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

SOMETIMES PUNKS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE? WE SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS THAN THIS DERILECT...

Sections
Shortcuts