Chris Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Chris Henry

He spent his free time helping people who are still suffering from the fallout and mismanagement of Hurricane Katrina.

I think he was turning his life around.

I'll hold judgment until more information is available, though.  I'd like to know that he didn't hit her and that she was simply ignorant and malicious in driving off with him trying to get her attention in the back of the truck before jumping to conclusions.  If he hit her, it changes everything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

THESE GUYS LIVE DANGEROUSLY AND SIMETIMES IT BITES THEM IN THE RUMP
    ...SAD STORY!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You dont even know this person and you judge him. Nothing he did was so bad that he deserved to die so save that sh*t for something else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

God bless his poor family.  Chris Henry always had extraordinary talent, and finally began to turn his life around.  R.I.P. Chris Henry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

How come every time a black guy gets himself killed they say "he was just starting to turn his life around"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry:
    SOMETIMES PUNKS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE? WE SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS THAN THIS DERILECT...
    Posted by PATSNYFAN

And sometimes, punks just post asinine things on the web.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

How come every time a black guy gets himself killed they say "he was just starting to turn his life around"?
    Posted by sirpinochle

Because you are racist?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry : Because you are racist?
    Posted by EnochRoot

I'll take "Absolutely Correct" for $200, Alex.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry : Because you are racist?
    Posted by EnochRoot

Yeah.  This is a shame.  Let's just pay our respects and not fight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"How come every time a black guy gets himself killed they say "he was just starting to turn his life around"? "

Someone is a racist....

You better get going you might be late for your klan meeting....moron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

First of all, beating your wife/girlfriend is not a mistake. It is character flaw- like being a pedophile or a rapist. Either you are gutless enough to hit women or you aren't.

Secondly, I don't necessarily think that every time a human being dies it is a tragedy. There are some profoundly bad people in this world and we would all be better off without them. What if one the most proflic the serial killers of our times, Osama Bin Laden dropped dead tomorrow? Or Bernie Madoff? Would that be a tragedy? Was it a tragedy when Ted Bundy was put down?

There is a difference between good people who make mistakes and people that are just plain bad. I don't know Henry. But it doesn't sound like he was a very good person. And if he died in the process of terrorizing his girlfriend I will be damned if I'm going to feel pity for him.

You could say that it is a tragedy that his children will grow up without a father. But who's to say they aren't better off without him in their lives? I'm not saying they would be- because I don't know the man. But I think it's a legitimate question.

The only definite tragedy here is that Henry didn't get his act together sooner. That he fathered three kids in the mental state he was in and that he didn't get the psychological help that he clearly needed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

wow.. heartbreaking. I'm speechless. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Chris. I guess everything happens for a reason and although it's hard to say he is at peace now and in a better place. Godspeed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

SOMETIMES PUNKS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE? WE SHOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE KIDS THAN THIS DERILECT...
    Posted by PATSNYFAN

You disgust me. So vile and heartless. Theres a time and place bud. Have some respect please.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"Secondly, I don't necessarily think that every time a human being dies it is a tragedy. There are some profoundly bad people in this world and we would all be better off without them."

You are right, if this happened to Hitler or Bin Laden it would be a good thing....but this 26 year old kid was not in the same league as monsters like that so your point holds no water at all. He was a 26 year old guy who made mistakes and if you took the time to check the facts he was never arrested for hitting women. Domestic violence can mean lots of things, namely if the cops get called to your house because you are fighting loudly it is considered domestic violence and thats what he went through. He was caught with a gun he should not have had and he bought some booze for some under age kids oh and he punched a guy in the face once. All of that by the way happened right out of college when he was still a very young man and im sorry but a lot of 21 year old guys hang out with under 21 women and punch dudes in the face that does not make him hitler and so the world is not better off with out him and neither are his kids. I get you point but saying that no one would cry over a serial killer if he died while talking about this story makes NO SENSE. He was not a killer and was not so bad that he deserved to die.

And by the way the world is not black and white, you are not either a bad person or a good person there is shades of gray so was Henry a upstanding person? maybe not 100% but was he so bad that he should be dead  right now? no he was not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

People don't really care about him. This incident just reminds people of their own mortality so they pretend to feel sorry because they want people to pretend to be sorry when they go

When something like this happens I can't help but think about all the tragic stuff that happens to regular people that you never hear about. I have difficulty finding sympathy in my heart for people who squander incredible gifts and I'm sorry, but I don't think dying automatically makes you a good person.
    Posted by prairiemike

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

People don't really care about him. This incident just reminds people of their own mortality so they pretend to feel sorry because they want people to pretend to be sorry when they go In Response to Re: Chris Henry :
    Posted by sirpinochle

Why do I get the feeling that your obituary will read "Angry Loner Stains Carpet"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry : Why do I get the feeling that your obituary will read "Angry Loner Stains Carpet"
    Posted by EnochRoot

Sh!tt, Now I need to pick a new Epithet for my stone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

"Secondly, I don't necessarily think that every time a human being dies it is a tragedy. There are some profoundly bad people in this world and we would all be better off without them." You are right, if this happened to Hitler or Bin Laden it would be a good thing....but this 26 year old kid was not in the same league as monsters like that so your point holds no water at all. He was a 26 year old guy who made mistakes and if you took the time to check the facts he was never arrested for hitting women. Domestic violence can mean lots of things, namely if the cops get called to your house because you are fighting loudly it is considered domestic violence and thats what he went through. He was caught with a gun he should not have had and he bought some booze for some under age kids oh and he punched a guy in the face once. All of that by the way happened right out of college when he was still a very young man and im sorry but a lot of 21 year old guys hang out with under 21 women and punch dudes in the face that does not make him hitler and so the world is not better off with out him and neither are his kids. I get you point but saying that no one would cry over a serial killer if he died while talking about this story makes NO SENSE. He was not a killer and was not so bad that he deserved to die. And by the way the world is not black and white, you are not either a bad person or a good person there is shades of gray so was Henry a upstanding person? maybe not 100% but was he so bad that he should be dead  right now? no he was not.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Well I wasn't comparing Henry to a serial killer. I was just trying to make a point.  I know there are shades of grey in this world. And nobody is perfect. But there is such a thing as good and bad people. Good people, for the most part, do the right thing and show compassion for other people.

It might be completely unfair. Maybe the media railroaded him. And maybe we don't know the half of all the things he did- or somewhere in between. But the the picture painted is that of a man that had serious anger and impulse control problems. A man that was a potential menace to society.

Yes there are shades of gray in this world. But there are also definitive lines. That once you cross you are no longer a part of civilized society. For example: All of these idiot gangbangers. If I woke up tomorrow and found out they had all wiped each other out- I wouldn't lose a nanosecond of sleep. The world would be a better, safer place. 

And I don't think that Henry deserved to die. But I also don't think it was a tragedy if he died while abusing his girlfriend. I'm sorry. Ijust don't. Marquise Hill drowning because he was too foolish to wear a life jacket. That's a tragedy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry : Well I wasn't comparing Henry to a serial killer. I was just trying to make a point.  I know there are shades of grey in this world. And nobody is perfect. But there is such a thing as good and bad people. Good people, for the most part, do the right thing and show compassion for other people. It might be completely unfair. Maybe the media railroaded him. And maybe we don't know the half of all the things he did- or somewhere in between. But the the picture painted is that of a man that had serious anger and impulse control problems. A man that was a potential menace to society. Yes there are shades of gray in this world. But there are also definitive lines. That once you cross you are no longer a part of civilized society. For example: All of these idiot gangbangers. If I woke up tomorrow and found out they had all wiped each other out- I wouldn't lose a nanosecond of sleep. The world would be a better, safer place.  And I don't think that Henry deserved to die. But I also don't think it was a tragedy if he died while abusing his girlfriend. I'm sorry. Ijust don't. Marquise Hill drowning because he was too foolish to wear a life jacket. That's a tragedy.
    Posted by dafoe

So by your lack of compassion you are saying that you are a bad person. I get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

RIP Chris Henry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Not touching this with a ten foot pole. Sad to see. That's all i'm saying for now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

ESPN is reporting that immediately before Henry's death, he said to his fiancee "If you take off in this truck, I will jump out the back and kill myself".  IF that is true it makes the story all the more tragic, hopefully more concrete details will be released soon.  Once again condolences to his family and loved ones. I don't have a link to it right now, but it was just on sports center supposedly from a witness on the scene at the time of the incident.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

this guy has been involved in numerous domestic disputes. can't we save our fake tears for someone who actually deserves it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Football is a violent profession. To play football successfully you need to master your agression. At the same time success in football comes with numerous pressures and temptations that 20 something year kids have not yet learned to master. The drama we share with them as fans is to watch and root for them to master these difficult issues. Some of us choose to harshly root against them. 

I have never achieved the level of success that any NFL players have achieved yet I have had many of the same problems in my life. A few people have chose to root for me to make it. I chose to root for guys like Randy Moss, Pacman, Chris Henry and others to make it as well. Chris Henry is a sad loss. We all need someone to root for and we all need someone to root for us.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

this guy has been involved in numerous domestic disputes. can't we save our fake tears for someone who actually deserves it!
    Posted by sirpinochle

You mean someone like you? Naw. While I am not sure what your official nickname is, I am very sure it ends in "bag".

Sections
Shortcuts