Chris Henry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Chris Henry

In Response to Re: Chris Henry:
    Not touching this with a ten foot pole. Sad to see. That's all i'm saying for now.
    Posted by Caesar1177

The media has their template on the untimely death of Chris Henry...and its' Hollywood all the way. Their version is that Henry was a guy who, after years of trouble, had finally overcome his demons. That he was well on his way towards turning his life around, when he was tragically taken from us. The truth is that Henry was never able to completely shed his demons. Unfortunately in life, "the demons" sometimes win out...as apparently was the case here.

What happened to Henry was that, for whatever reason, he was embroiled in an argument with his girlfriend. Instead of being cool about it, he insisted that she talk to him about whatever problems they were having...immediately. She was not interested, and when she got into her pick-up to drive off, Henry jumped into the bed of the pick-up, ordering her to stop...and banging on the back window of the pick-up cab.  When she didn't, Henry allegedly threatened to kill himsellf by jumping out of the moving truck. Further details are sketchy from there...probably due to a pending police investigation:  http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091217/SPT02/312170071/1066/Henry+details+emerging       
         Sad? Yes. But, are these the actions that a guy, who finally "had it all together", would take? Or...does this sound to you like the actions of a very troubled young man?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

It is not official that he tried to kill himself or anything like that. So until we get the whole story I think its tragic that this kid died and left 3 kids behind. Nothing he did was ever so bad that people should at least take a second to say damn that *sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Chris Henry :      The media has their template on the untimely death of Chris Henry...and its' Hollywood all the way. Their version is that Henry was a guy who, after years of trouble, had finally overcome his demons. That he was well on his way towards turning his life around, when he was tragically taken from us. The truth is that Henry was never able to completely shed his demons. Unfortunately in life, "the demons" sometimes win out...as apparently was the case here. Sad? Yes. But, are these the actions that a guy, who finally "had it all together", would take? Or...does this sound to you like the actions of a very troubled young man?
    Posted by TexasPat3

I would agree 100%. Still sad that his life was a mess that ended up this way, but let's hold off on sainthood.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Who the he// said he was a saint? who ever suggested that we make him a saint? All anyone said is it is sad that a 26 year old kid died yesterday and left 3 kids behind. Thats it. You guys are so concerned with making sure everyone knows this kid was no saint but no one ever said he was! No one is saying its a 9/11 like tragedy no one said that all anyone said is it is sad that it happened now either you agree its sad that a young man died before his time or you dont but no one ever said he was a saint.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Who the he// said he was a saint? who ever suggested that we make him a saint? All anyone said is it is sad that a 26 year old kid died yesterday and left 3 kids behind. Thats it. You guys are so concerned with making sure everyone knows this kid was no saint but no one ever said he was! No one is saying its a 9/11 like tragedy no one said that all anyone said is it is sad that it happened now either you agree its sad that a young man died before his time or you dont but no one ever said he was a saint.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

What is sad is that he was not equipped/raised to lead a live befitting of his gifts. But honestly, when i saw it I was not all that surprised and I have trouble considering it a "tragedy.". Pat Tillman? Tragic. And heroic. Payne Stewart? tragic. Roberto Clemente? Tragic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Marquise Hill drowning because he was too foolish to wear a life jacket. That's a tragedy.
    Posted by dafoe

Wasn't he trying to save someone's life as well?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

Hail Caesar! He's spot on.

Have you seen the ESPN slants on the Henry death, and read some of the columns written on it? Do that...then tell me that the media wasn't nominating him for sainthood.

Nobody is saying that what happened isn't tragic...but lets not get carried away with emotion. It is what it is. Henry was a troubled young man, whose inner demons finally did him in.

Heres' a biography on Henry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Henry_(wide_receiver)#cite_note-19 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I didnt say the way in which he died was tragic or heroic what I said is it is sad that 26 year old father of 3 died well before his time and that is sad. Thats what i said. And just because someone says its sad that Henry died doesnt mean Tillman was not a hero or that he didnt die in a tragedy why do we have to have it one way or the other? cant both story's be sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I didnt say the way in which he died was tragic or heroic what I said is it is sad that 26 year old father of 3 died well before his time and that is sad. Thats what i said. And just because someone says its sad that Henry died doesnt mean Tillman was not a hero or that he didnt die in a tragedy why do we have to have it one way or the other? cant both story's be sad.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

OK...and what we're saying is that the media is attempting to deify him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

If he died commiting suicide that really is too bad. When you hear about guys like Andy Katzenmoyer, Vince Young and Ted Johnson it really makes you wonder. All the people that surround these millionaire athletes that are supposed to be looking out for their best interests. It seems like all any of these people care about is what these guys can do on the football field.

And if he threatened suicide and the woman didn't even slow the vehicle down I would think she would be liable legally. Unless, of course, she had reason to fear for her own life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I didn't know him so I'm not going to spit on his grave.  It's sad especially when kids are involved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Reading some of these posts make me sick. Here's a kid 26 years old with three kids passing just before Christmas and some of the posts are "he deserved it" and race related? That really separates you from him right? 
    You should all look at yourselves at that age and add millions of dollars and honestly think of what you would have done. What kind of friends did you have?

Don't respond, I know you all would have donated most of it to charity and would have been model citizens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I'd own two Harleys....sorry Sam

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'd own two Harleys....sorry Sam
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Hopefully more than two HRK. 

All people had to do was keep it in or say they felt bad for the kids.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Sam you are right. This is a tragedy. This was a young life taken to soon. Was he a perfect citizen-no but who is. Several people here have said he didn't do anything to warrant the hateful comments. There is no need for such comments and I would bet they wouldn't say them face to face such is the anonymity of the net. If people feel that way spare the remarks and think of children who are now fatherless.

I really couldn't believe one poster said that his children would be better off without him.   Sometimes people *suck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Sam you are right. This is a tragedy. This was a young life taken to soon. Was he a perfect citizen-no but who is. Several people here have said he didn't do anything to warrant the hateful comments. There is no need for such comments and I would bet they wouldn't say them face to face such is the anonymity of the net. If people feel that way spare the remarks and think of children who are now fatherless. I really couldn't believe one poster said that his children would be better off without him.   Sometimes people *suck.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Hopefully they grow up, life's too short.

GO PATS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

His dying is a tragedy, that is bad enough, but, what about the rest of the story?  That may not be too pretty, either.  We may hear things we may not care to hear, "her" side of the story.  Why she kept driving with him in the back etc..  The sad part, of the two people involved, we will hear only one side and that side will paint themself as the saint and the other the devil. 

Sections
Shortcuts