Chris Johnson could be released soon, yes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Chris Johnson could be released soon, yes?

I say yes. he will be cheap if cut. there is no RB market.

Ridley can be the power type between the tackles RB 15 carries a game and then give CJ2K 7-10 carries a game and he'll boom some big ones eventually.

he also is a dangerous screen catcher.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Titans very likely to release RB Chris Johnson next week after failed trade attempts. Would draw strong interest as FA as DeSean Jackson did

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Chris Johnson could be released soon, yes?

I never thought we'd see Revis here so I guess you never know!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

YES, a homerun posibility on every play !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Well, looks like they kicked the tires on MJD, so they are looking for possible back.  I would say yes too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley can be the power type between the tackles RB 15 carries a game and then give CJ2K 7-10 carries a game and he'll boom some big ones eventually.

Titans very likely to release RB Chris Johnson next week after failed trade attempts. Would draw strong interest as FA as DeSean Jackson did

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's up to Chris Johnson.   It's that simple. 1 year deal, welcome.  If not, no thanks.

This was the kind of an RB I was talking about in the Blount thread, where I found it odd that BB didn't make more of an effort for a known commodity in Blount, which would lead an intelligent person to believe BB has something cooking either with a team in cap hell like Tenn after Johnson took them to the cleaners a few years back off the lockout, or BB has a trade for a CB in place.

Ideally, the only way to upgrade from Blount would be to get a pass catching RB if they are to improve in the skill set from Blount.

Bolden is a good hammer of sorts, IMO, when healthy and he can catch the ball.

Ridley, same deal.  Vereen does not do that, nor would Chris Johnson, but at least with Johnson and a Vereen, you could have some perimeter speed and RBs who could all run behind zone blocking here as well.

Blount could as well, but his flaw was pass receiving. They simply would never throw to him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

According to a report Chris Johnson will be released next week some time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

i rather find a bruiser and a big back that can guarantee you tough yards ..His best days are over I would pass. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd like to see Johnson here, I could see it happening...Belichick has spoken highly of him in the past, for whatever that's worth.

I found a nice breakdown of Johnson's play somewhere - I can't remember where - but it showed his strengths and weaknesses. This guy still has some decent speed to his game, he's a decent (not great pass catcher), he can break some long runs and make people miss. This guy will also kill a drive getting tackled behind the line looking for that big run, when he should of just lowered his head and gained a yard or two. I think Belichick would change that with him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not opposed to signing him but I'm not particularly in favor of it either.  I'm sure the guy still has something but I too would rather see a pounder added.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see Johnson here, I could see it happening...Belichick has spoken highly of him in the past, for whatever that's worth.

I found a nice breakdown of Johnson's play somewhere - I can't remember where - but it showed his strengths and weaknesses. This guy still has some decent speed to his game, he's a decent (not great pass catcher), he can break some long runs and make people miss. This guy will also kill a drive getting tackled behind the line looking for that big run, when he should of just lowered his head and gained a yard or two. I think Belichick would change that with him.

[/QUOTE]

The guys still has some speed? I bet if you asked him right NOW to run a 40 he would easily run a 4.3-4.4. I think a change of scenery could rejuvinate cj2k back to his old form... I mean really, who would want to continue to lose year after year on a crappy titans team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not opposed to signing him but I'm not particularly in favor of it either.  I'm sure the guy still has something but I too would rather see a pounder added.

[/QUOTE]

Want a big, bruising RB?  Check out Jonas Gray.  NE signed him to a Futures Contract late last season.  5'10"  225 lbs.   He probably won't make the team, but they will take a look at him in camp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Want a big, bruising RB?  Check out Jonas Gray.  NE signed him to a Futures Contract late last season.  5'10"  225 lbs.   He probably won't make the team, but they will take a look at him in camp.

[/QUOTE]

I must confess that I didn't really bat an eye when they signed this kid.  We'll see what he looks like in the preseason but he's not a whole lot different in size from Ridley (5'11", 220 lbs).   Were you that impressed with him, Waz?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]Blount could as well, but his flaw was pass receiving. They simply would never throw to him.[/QUOTE]

He also was too easy to bring down for a guy his size. He didn't break that many tackles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Why would the Patriots want to get into a bidding war over the 28 year old Johnson? The guy's career has been on a downward spiral for the past few years. Though Johnson could help, if given a choice, I would rather have seen the Pats retain Blount. Here are Johnson's stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11258/chris-johnson

They may take a half-hearted run at DeSean Jackson, after having dealt with the AH mess, or on Mike Wallace, once he gets released from Miami.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pats blew it on not getting Moreno!  He would have fit perfectly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Ridley can be the power type between the tackles RB 15 carries a game and then give CJ2K 7-10 carries a game and he'll boom some big ones eventually"

AFCCG:

Ridley 5 carries for 6 yard.  Mr. fumbles ain't a power anything.  Time to move on from this bust.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Ridley can be the power type between the tackles RB 15 carries a game and then give CJ2K 7-10 carries a game and he'll boom some big ones eventually"

AFCCG:

Ridley 5 carries for 6 yard.  Mr. fumbles ain't a power anything.  Time to move on from this bust.

[/QUOTE]

No bust runs for 1200 & 12tds and then 770 7tds after splitting carries too. Bust is Maroney not Ridley

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Ridley still has lots of life in those legs...the only issue with him is the fumbling, and then it impacts his confidence...he's got to just let lose and go...same with Bolden...they are essentially the same type of back, ground pounders...Vereen in more like Johnson.

I think they draft another ground pounder within the first 4 rounds...all their backs are on their last contract year...BB will never go into a year with no backs on contract....

Johnson...if he's got speed still, why not...the guy knows how to do it if his head is in the game...one year prove it deal with a legit chance to win it all? What's he got to lose?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley still has lots of life in those legs...the only issue with him is the fumbling, and then it impacts his confidence...he's got to just let lose and go

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And stop spinning when he hits the LOS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley still has lots of life in those legs...the only issue with him is the fumbling, and then it impacts his confidence...he's got to just let lose and go

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  And stop spinning when he hits the LOS.

[/QUOTE]

Another ball lost in the windy vortex! :)

Sections
Shortcuts