Chris McAlister?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Chris McAlister?

CB Chris McAlister of the Ravens is reportedly to be cut by the Ravens, he led the team in Int's in the beginning of the season but issues with Harbaugh led to his benching. The Pats should look into making a move for Chris if healthy. Actually, I can easily see the Pats making this move.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens20jan20002018,0,801483.story?page=2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Chris McAlister?

McAlister would be an interesting option if the price were to be right. I was actually going to post that the Pats should look into Jim Leonhard, who is a free agent and might have to compete with Dewan Landry at the safety position alongside Ed Reed if he resigns with Baltimore. Sanders is a solid player, but Leonhard is a playmaker. He made a ton of plays late in the season and in the playoffs, both defensively and on special teams, and is very athletic. BB loves versatility to play on special teams as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Chris McAlister?

I'd rather see the Pats try and make a trade for Lito Sheppard CB for the Eagles. At least try to trade for him while his stock is down.

"Eagles CB Lito Sheppard reiterated Monday that he wants out of Philadelphia this offseason.

Sheppard requested a trade last year. He mailed it in when he didn't get one, losing his nickel back job to special teamer Joselio Hanson. Lito's stock is at a low now and he may not bring back more than a fourth-round pick."
    Source: Associated Press

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=138231

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Chris McAlister?

If given the choice I'd take Mac Callister over Shepard. Alot depends in the money, as always.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Chris McAlister?

Hannah good point, I forgot that last year Sheppard was looking for a big contract. But still if he could be had for a 4th rounder you wouldn't think he's worth a shot?

I aslo wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Jim Leonhard come to the Pats via FA. It does look like he can bring alot to the table. What kind of contract do you think he would command?

"The Ravens are fully expected to release CB Chris McAlister this offseason.

McAlister, who went on IR with chronic knee trouble in November, did not attend any Ravens games afterward. The move will save $8M under the cap."

Source: Baltimore Sun

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Chris McAlister?

jdc, we dont want Lito. He thinks he is better than he is, he wants a new contract, AND doesnt deserve one. He gets injured often. No thank you, he is not a patriots type player at all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Chris McAlister?

[Quote]I'd rather see the Pats try and make a trade for Lito Sheppard CB for the Eagles. At least try to trade for him while his stock is down.

"Eagles CB Lito Sheppard reiterated Monday that he wants out of Philadelphia this offseason.

Sheppard requested a trade last year. He mailed it in when he didn't get one, losing his nickel back job to special teamer Joselio Hanson. Lito's stock is at a low now and he may not bring back more than a fourth-round pick."
    Source: Associated Press

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=138231
    [/Quote] I havn't really followed the Eagles, but if it's true, what you say, I dont want someone who quits on his team. No more Mannys. Never.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Chris McAlister?

Good points Mordecal and jerh, I guess I really didn't look at it that way. Nobody likes a quitter and I'd have to agree with you guys on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Chris McAlister?

ID take eatheir one lito,or McAlister.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chris McAlister?

"I'd rather see the Pats try and make a trade for Lito Sheppard CB for the Eagles. At least try to trade for him while his stock is down."

Really? You would rather make a trade for a past his prime Lito Sheppard then pick up a past his prime CB who has been on one of the top 5 D's his entire career? Thank god your not a GM. They are both over the hill i would be happy to give Mcalister a shot but thats just cause he is a FA and might come on the cheap but if he wants big money he is not worht it he is too old. old CB's are not worth it. Lito is a bad move unless he is cut, we should not for any reason make a trade for a player when there is a perfectly good player at teh same spot sitting in the FA pool, if you get teh same value for both players why make a trade when you can just make an offer? I would rather see us sign Dunta Robinson from the Texans, he was a 1st round pick and rookie of the year the year he was drafted, with teh rigth coach he could be a shut down corner and the right coach is sitting right here in NE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Chris McAlister?

[Quote]Give me the guy out in Oakland!!Ashomouga (plz excuse the spelling) Dude is a stud,no one except the Patriots threw too his side of the field. McCallister would be an upgrade over all of our present DB's..[/Quote]yes he could do also.dunta is good,and can be better in our system.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Chris McAlister?

Agree on Dunta, MOSSEFFECT. I am going state the obvious and say neither Mc Callister nor Robinson will want or get the money Asmougha will want and get. Could Asmougha be franchised by the Raiders ? Or does he have an Asante franchise then Free agency-type deal. Either way something extraordinary would have to happen for the Pats to get Ashmougha (sp).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Chris McAlister?

d

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Chris McAlister?

MVP, I'm also glad that I'm not a GM, but Lito Sheppard is only 27 and I can't imagine at that age he'd be past his prime. I was just throwing it out there, if he could be had for a 4th or a 5th rounder maybe it would be worth a shot depending on him still wanting a new contract. Just a thought.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/ player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=138232&id=755

It sounds like the Raiders plan on using the Franchise Tag on Asmougha from what I've read. I agree that Dunta Robinson would be a nice signing and so would McAlister.

I also wouldn't mind if the Pats brought in Bryant McFadden if the Pats can't sign Robinson.

http://nationalfootballpost.stats.com/fb/ playerstats.asp?id=7238&team=23

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Chris McAlister?

v

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Chris McAlister?

I think we should go for Dunta Robinson and McAlister. forget Asmougha and sheppard unless they both hit the FA and don't want massive contracts. Our secondary would be good if we picked up Dunta Robinson and McAlister and use whilite, weatley, and hobbs as the 2-3 DB spots. the combination of McAlister, merriweather, sanders at safety spots would be pretty good. dawkins would be a great pickup and would make our safety position remain at the same level it was last year but i don't see him leaving philly he is the leader of their defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Chris McAlister?

I'd take Chris McAlister in Bolts next year. Probably go to the Jets, along with R.Lewis, Bart Scott, & Terrell Suggs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Chris McAlister?

Jdfreshkick, your not going to see Lito and Asmougha <sp?> here. Not enough cap room once Wilfork and all the draftees are signed combined with the potential uncapped year coming up between the NFL and NFLPA as the Pat's will only be looking for short term lower salaries. You might want to include D.Robinson in this group as well as most first time eligible FA aren't looking to sign for small dollars. Look for this area to be addressed in the draft unless it's a small risk high reward signing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chris McAlister?

My problem with Lito is he is under contract and you wont get a player like that for a 4th or 5th rounder and he is not worth any more then a 3rd rounder. he is 27 now, if we got him that means he would turn 28 while we had him this season and it would take about a year for him to understand the scheme so by the time he was a full time Patriot he would be 29 years old and on the verge of the dreded 30's. I would rather us go out and get a young guy like Dunta who is a free agent and we wont have to trade for him, making a trade means giving something up and why would we do that when we can get a younger CB off teh street? but like i was saying I think we would rather get a young player that we can coach up and build into a Bill Belichick player like they did with Hobbs and Dunta is still young enough that he could be that player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Chris McAlister?

For what it's worth, Scouts, Inc. rates Dunta Robinson as a better overall player (79 out of 100) than both McAlister (78) and Sheppard (73). For a reference point, Asomugha is rated a 94, Samuel is an 85, and Hobbs is a 69.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz9. Show jdcfreshkickz9's posts

Chris McAlister?

MVP, I understand your point and thanks for the reply on Sheppard.

What do guys think Robinson or McAlister will get get for a contract?

"Impending free agent CB Dunta Robinson told coach Gary Kubiak Monday that he wants to finish his career as a Texan.

Robinson, coming off a torn ACL, returned from the PUP list at midseason in 2008 and was effective the rest of the way as a starter. Robinson would best serve himself by playing on a one-year deal then trying to parlay it into a monster contract in 2009, but if he truly wants to finish in Houston perhaps they can get him signed long term for well below market value."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&filter_teams=HOU&filter_position=DB&#xD;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chris McAlister?

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Chris McAlister?

Why on Earth would anyone want to finish their career in Houston? Thats crazy, I am really going to hold out hope that Dunta some how hits the market and we make a move to sign him cause i really think Dunta would be a shut down CB in a Pats uniform.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Chris McAlister?

Grogan and All:

I would much rather see the Pats make a move to acquire pass-rushing OLB Terrell Suggs, or LB Bart Scott. Both are in their prime, and are free agents. I would expect the Ravens to franchise Suggs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Chris McAlister?

TEXPAT, I truly believe that Suggs, Peppers and Ashmogha are off the table. Scott and Dawan Landry are better possibilities. I can't see BB spending to much money on a DB when he places more value on his LBs. If Robinson really wants to stay in Houston then Gamble, Mc Fadden and Mc Callister become options. I don't think BB will brake the bank to sign a DB (unless it's Ed Reed...also not happening). Does Otogwe get franchised ?

Sections
Shortcuts