Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win

What a shame, Globe Writer! You should move to the Herald with Borges.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win

I honestly believe that the Pats will win this game, but it doesn't bother me that someone picked Baltimore....I can see the possibility of a loss here....

Baltimore does have a really good D, a promising Passing game and a good running game.....

This team does put a little doubt in my mind.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The Patriots are 8-2 after a bye week under Belichick. They also get to play at home where Brady is almost unbeatable. I like our chances!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emcb1230. Show emcb1230's posts

In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots are 8-2 after a bye week under Belichick. They also get to play at home where Brady is almost unbeatable. I like our chances!
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

weren't four of those games against the bills?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Well here is one sports writer that actually knows what he is talking about.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/10/15/gotw.ravens.patriots/index.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win : weren't four of those games against the bills?
    Posted by emcb1230[/QUOTE]

Wins are wins unless you're just looking for a reason to hate.....Which I'm sure you are. However if we lost 8 of those games you'd be posting that fact. Good thing we didn't.
    BTW. They're also 4-0 in the Playoffs under BB after a bye and at home but that probably doesn't mean anything and I'm sure all of those playoff teams were horrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

8-3 off of byes?  Those are past teams, this years team is very different.  You have the history but you dont have the players this year.  Think you can stop the ravens run?  Who do you match up against Bolden, Whosyourmama and Mason?  As far as offense, you will most likely see the signs of not having randy moss. No more rolling coverage away from your other receivers, no more streatching the field for your TEs, no more pulling 2 DBs off the field for the other WRs.  I think that the pats are in for a reality check on what really happened when they sent moss packing.

Note: this post was created with flameproof material.  Any attempts to flame this post will result in the attempted flamer being flamed so flame off flamers!!!  did i type that correctly???

(see what i did there, I made you 8-3 off byes already lol)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]8-3 off of byes?  Those are past teams, this years team is very different.  You have the history but you dont have the players this year.  Think you can stop the ravens run?  Who do you match up against Bolden, Whosyourmama and Mason?  As far as offense, you will most likely see the signs of not having randy moss. No more rolling coverage away from your other receivers, no more streatching the field for your TEs, no more pulling 2 DBs off the field for the other WRs.  I think that the pats are in for a reality check on what really happened when they sent moss packing. Note: this post was created with flameproof material.  Any attempts to flame this post will result in the attempted flamer being flamed so flame off flamers!!!  did i type that correctly??? (see what i did there, I made you 8-3 off byes already lol)
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

I think we can win the game. Doesn't matter to me how we do it. You're giving the Raven offense all the credit and The Patriots offense none. We can out score the Ravens. That's why we'll win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

And this surprises whom?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

PATS WIN 24-20.  you heard it here first.  EVERYONE was picking Miami last Monday night as well and how did that turn out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]8-3 off of byes?  Those are past teams, this years team is very different.  You have the history but you dont have the players this year.  Think you can stop the ravens run?  Who do you match up against Bolden, Whosyourmama and Mason?  As far as offense, you will most likely see the signs of not having randy moss. No more rolling coverage away from your other receivers, no more streatching the field for your TEs, no more pulling 2 DBs off the field for the other WRs.  I think that the pats are in for a reality check on what really happened when they sent moss packing. Note: this post was created with flameproof material.  Any attempts to flame this post will result in the attempted flamer being flamed so flame off flamers!!!  did i type that correctly??? (see what i did there, I made you 8-3 off byes already lol)

I agree with your different years and history not meaning much....

But the Pats have arguably a better D this year than last year......and we held our own with Baltimore then....winning 27-21.  Moss wasn't much of a factor...50 yds and 1 TD can be made up with another player....

Moss is overrated and is more of a rally killer than a deep threat....Look for New England to have longer more sustained drives, thus keeping the defense off the field longer.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win : I think we can win the game. Doesn't matter to me how we do it. You're giving the Raven offense all the credit and The Patriots offense none. We can out score the Ravens. That's why we'll win.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I havent seen the pats without moss in a few years.  I am anxious to see what the hooded mastermind has planned for the Ravens.  You putting money on the pats ewhite???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win : I agree with your different years and history not meaning much.... But the Pats have arguably a better D this year than last year......and we held our own with Baltimore then....winning 27-21.  Moss wasn't much of a factor...50 yds and 1 TD can be made up with another player.... Moss is overrated and is more of a rally killer than a deep threat....Look for New England to have longer more sustained drives, thus keeping the defense off the field longer.....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

ahhh, you must not be talking about the playoffs.  As for moss, I think old buddy ryan summed it up best when he spoke of chris carter when he said "all he does is catch touchdowns".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I was let down by the pats/fish game 2 weeks ago so I am hoping that this game will be better.  You guys may have flushed the fish with that emotional pounding.  Dont see many fish fans on this forum anymore lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]Well here is one sports writer that actually knows what he is talking about. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/10/15/gotw.ravens.patriots/index.html
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

That was a well thought out article.  He obviously did some research.  More than I can say for the local sports writers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

I'm betting the mortgage payment on the Ravens!If I could afford to bet more I would!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win : ahhh, you must not be talking about the playoffs.  As for moss, I think old buddy ryan summed it up best when he spoke of chris carter when he said "all he does is catch touchdowns".

No I am talking about the regular season game.....

You do know that the Pats Offense is averaging more rushing yds, Receiving yds and points per game than Baltimore?

Do you want to look at the common teams that they played?

Cincy:
    Pats 38 pts
    Pats Pass: 258yds
    Pats Rec: 118 yds
    Moss had 5 rec 59 yds 0 td.

Cincy:
    Balt 10 pts
    Balt pass 159 yds 
    Balt rush 97 yds

NYJ:
    Pats pts 14
    Pats Pass: 248 yds
    Pats Rush: 52 yds
    Moss had 2 rec 38yds 1td.

NYJ:
    Balt 10 pts
    Balt pass 248 yds 
    Balt rush 49 yds

So, in both games the Pats offense had outperformed Baltimore's offense....where Moss was hardly a factor....

Defense
    Cincy:
    Pats gave up 24 pts
    Pats gave up Pass: 345 yds
    Pats gave up Rec: 87 yds

Cincy:
    Balt gave up 15 pts
    Balt gave up pass 159 yds 
    Balt gave up rush 94 yds

NYJ:
    Pats gave up pts 28
    Pats gave up Pass: 220 yds
    Pats gave up Rush: 136 yds

NYJ:
    Balt gave up 9 pts
    Balt gave up pass 74 yds 
    Balt gave up rush 116 yds

Yes, this is the concern.....The Pats O /> Balt O where Balt D > Pats D.....and playing in Foxboro, where the Pats have 2 weeks to prepare for Balt.....and Baltimore has 1 week to figure out how to play the NE new offense.....

This has the signs of a close game.....either a shootout or a low scoring competition.

It will be interesting.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hess--Jets. Show Hess--Jets's posts

Don't get mad at gasper!Anybody that knows anything about football is picking the Ravens.

Bet with your heads not your black hearts!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

yup, should be a good game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Well here is one sports writer that actually knows what he is talking about. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/10/15/gotw.ravens.patriots/index.html
    Posted by fourjays30[/QUOTE]

Scariest stat in the "Defensive Hogs Index" from that link is the one that shows the Pats D being 32nd in the league in getting off the field on third down. If we can improve that into the top 15-20, NE can be a dangerous team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

In Response to Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win:
    [QUOTE]What a shame, Globe Writer! You should move to the Herald with Borges.
    Posted by NEPfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Spot on! It's amazing how the Boston "sportswriters" hate the teams they cover. Gasper should consider a career change. Wrong Bonges still is #1 in hackdom as far as I'm concerned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly believe that the Pats will win this game, but it doesn't bother me that someone picked Baltimore....I can see the possibility of a loss here.... Baltimore does have a really good D, a promising Passing game and a good running game..... This team does put a little doubt in my mind.....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE] They have a good D when Ed Reed is playing SS,Flacco is only a so-so QB but the receiving corps is really good,Ray Rice is going to play injured this week, and their stud D-lineman Ngata is going to try and man the middle of their line with a bum wheel. I like the patriots chances to the point where I think they win 27-20. Of course I don't work for the Globe or the Herald.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]I was let down by the pats/fish game 2 weeks ago so I am hoping that this game will be better.  You guys may have flushed the fish with that emotional pounding.  Don't see many fish fans on this forum anymore lol.

That is one of your best points, I haven't seen a fish fan since the beating they took on MNF.

as for the Ravens, I say 28-24 Pats win. Our offense didn't get worse, and that will be what you will see in the next couple of weeks.

Last I checked, a bunch of people wrote us off against the Phins with the same cr@p. How will we stop Marshall? Their D is too good, their running game is awesome. Lets see what happened, Marshall was useless when it mattered, the RB's got nothing and their D wasn't as "impenetrable"  as stated.

I see the same thing here except we are at Home, we had a full extra week of practice to get ready and Without Moss, Brady will take less time with the ball in hands, avoiding pressure.

What people didn't realize was that with Moss, Brady had to hold the ball a lot longer, waiting for Randy to break open( which recently, he was barely doing) and then heaving a bomb. No Moss, less deep shots, if any. This directly results to quicker passes which equals less pressure on Brady.

What those deep looks did was take Brady's Eye off of other WRs, lasering him on Moss and holding onto the ball for too long. This resulted in QB hits, sacks, incompletions and picks more so then touchdowns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christopher Gasper picked Baltimore to Win : I havent seen the pats without moss in a few years.  I am anxious to see what the hooded mastermind has planned for the Ravens.  You putting money on the pats ewhite???

It depends what I get for a line on Sunday. If it's 3 or less I'm going to put a few Bucks on them because I think they win. If it's more than 3 I'll stay away. There are a couple of games that I like better than this one as far as wagering goes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Nice post....  They will play a football game in Foxboro this Sunday and one team will win and the other will lose.  Predict?  Moi?  Never.  You?  Well...  Hubris is often punished by the Gods and you have committed that sin.  I hope it feels good for you.  Good luck son. 

Sections
Shortcuts