CHUCK NOLL 1932-2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

CHUCK NOLL 1932-2014

One of the Greats RIP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: CHUCK NOLL 1932-2014

I agree, one of the greats.  4X Super Bowl Champion.  Turned out many HOF'ers and put together the greatest draft class in the history of pro football.

RIP

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

He was 86-97-1 without Terry Bradshaw, 107-51 with him. Using Babe logic, he's overrated.

RIP Chuck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

One of the greats for that time! Class act from a class org. RIP Chuck

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I echo what others are saying.  I always admired him as a coach.  RIP Chuck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was 86-97-1 without Terry Bradshaw, 107-51 with him. Using Babe logic, he's overrated.

RIP Chuck

[/QUOTE]

Lol county!

Well played, sir.  Well played.  It is just so easy to bludgeon the cupcake guild

RIP Chuck.

Not quite on bb's level due to the cap era challenges, but that '74 draft was epic.

He sort of shula'd his way through the 1980s, but his legend was already well established.  The steelers were horrendous for about 40 years before noll got rhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He made the Steelers relevant. He started their dynasty. RIP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Great Coach. Started the Dynasty of the 70's. Coached and developed a cascade of team drafted HOF's. His team helped make the NFL the successful  business it is today. RIP Coach!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

What was Auerbach without Russ , Bill without Tom , Harry without Bobby, and Tito without Manny ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

RIP to a great coach who built some great teams. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Rip chuck noll

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Great and Smart Coach, lot of respect for him. RIP

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I hate to be a party poopoo but let's remember no salary CAP and the Steelers were a STACKED team.

And let's also not forget that Alzado, on his death bed, stated the Raiders and Steelers of the day were heavy users of the early generation of Steroids...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate to be a party poopoo but let's remember no salary CAP and the Steelers were a STACKED team.

And let's also not forget that Alzado, on his death bed, stated the Raiders and Steelers of the day were heavy users of the early generation of Steroids...

[/QUOTE]

he helped choose the players that stacked the team and that eras dolphins raiders and cowboys made his run even more impressive as he beat dynasties, not one year wonders...as for the drugs who cares? every team did steroids up the ying and cheating to gain an advantage goes back to Moses...sad how the media has so trained people to think what they want them to to help them create and perpetuate their drama queen bs...in the 1970's and 80's steroids was football and I thought it was just great

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great Coach. Started the Dynasty of the 70's. Coached and developed a cascade of team drafted HOF's. His team helped make the NFL the successful  business it is today. RIP Coach!

[/QUOTE]

well said

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he helped choose the players that stacked the team and that eras dolphins raiders and cowboys made his run even more impressive as he beat dynasties, not one year wonders...as for the drugs who cares? every team did steroids up the ying and cheating to gain an advantage goes back to Moses...sad how the media has so trained people to think what they want them to to help them create and perpetuate their drama queen bs...in the 1970's and 80's steroids was football and I thought it was just great

[/QUOTE]

You do realize how many of the great players from the sixties and seventies have died in their fifties from their steroid use....at least 4 of the great Steelers from cancers like brain cancers...I do realize they aren't around anymore to "care" but the the trivial dismissing of steroids is so short sighted....and quite foolish actually..