Chung & Gregory ruled out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Chung & Gregory ruled out

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/10/new_england_patriots_rule_safe.html

If McCourty moves to safety, Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard and Marquice Cole will be the only active cornerbacks.

I almost crapped my pants when I read that. We could be in trouble.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Chung & Gregory ruled out

Sterling Moore will be the fourth active CB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Don't forget Slater and Edelman...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hopefully the Rams' struggles in pass protection will be enough to compensate.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Charlie Peprah was signed by the Cowboys. Released by the Packers in July due to injury. Seems he has been a Safety that made plays and tackled well. Playing with purpose as he is given another chance after injury. Wonder if the Pats kicked the tires with Ras on IR? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to MightyCumEarly2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Chung and Gregory out, it makes the Patriots even better. BB and the Patriots are the best. If you don't thinks so, then you're a Jets Troll.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I think it's actually a great strategy by the "best GM ever". Sit Chung and Gregory down - one has the brain of a glazed donout when it comes to coverage and the other has the physical ability of a level three college player. By losing both you kill two birds with one stone and we both know that the only way this team wins is because of Tom Brady anyway and nothing else. So by them being out we can not only hide our weakness at the safety position, but also hide a draft bust and free agent dud (although these draft and free agent busts are getting harder and harder to hide).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The moral of the story? Start Sam Bradford on your fantasy team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

With Chung and Gregory out, it makes the Patriots even better. BB and the Patriots are the best. If you don't thinks so, then you're a Jets Troll.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I think it's actually a great strategy by the "best GM ever". Sit Chung and Gregory down - one has the brain of a glazed donout when it comes to coverage and the other has the physical ability of a level three college player. By losing both you kill two birds with one stone and we both know that the only way this team wins is because of Tom Brady anyway and nothing else. So by them being out we can not only hide our weakness at the safety position, but also hide a draft bust and free agent dud (although these draft and free agent busts are getting harder and harder to hide).

[/QUOTE]

are you saying they're not actually hurt and BB is deactivating them...?

I agree pats are better off . Chung has been terrible and I honestly have forgotten Gregory .

mccourty covers more ground with his speed , period. Give these guys more time to gel and pats will show steady improvement.  Wilson has been increasingly solid.  I'm predicting picks for this group this week .

the corners need to stay aggressive .  Those 5 yard grab penalties don't bother me as much as receivers running free.

don't forget about ebner.  BB used him to shadow TE Keller  and he got the job done...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gregory, our great free agent signing and Chung the Broken Bust.  It must be starting to get very hot under that big giant spot light, since the House Money is running out, for BB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gregory, our great free agent signing and Chung the Broken Bust.  It must be starting to get very hot under that big giant spot light, since the House Money is running out, for BB.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, Gregory is a Jag and nothing more and the longer Chung is on this roster the more it becomes apparent he is one dimensional and often hurt. The guy misses at least 5 games a year, at least.. I could care less if he gets resigned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree pats are better off . Chung has been terrible and I honestly have forgotten Gregory .

mccourty covers more ground with his speed , period. Give these guys more time to gel and pats will show steady improvement.  Wilson has been increasingly solid.  I'm predicting picks for this group this week .

the corners need to stay aggressive .  Those 5 yard grab penalties don't bother me as much as receivers running free.

don't forget about ebner.  BB used him to shadow TE Keller  and he got the job done...

[/QUOTE]

No I'm not saying that, I do think they are hurt and thus the reason why they're not out there. I'm just incredibly sour about their play and the secondary overall - add in the injury (returns) from our top of the second round selection Dowling and I'm starting to think that if we water proofed our draft room and dropped a dolphin in there we would get better draft results. Again I'm just real sour right now - I watched a completely depleted Jets team almost beat us at home last week. That team was missing every one of their top players and they shreaded our secondary and almost shut down our passing game. I'm just tired of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No I'm not saying that, I do think they are hurt and thus the reason why they're not out there. I'm just incredibly sour about their play and the secondary overall - add in the injury (returns) from our top of the second round selection Dowling and I'm starting to think that if we water proofed our draft room and dropped a dolphin in there we would get better draft results. Again I'm just real sour right now - I watched a completely depleted Jets team almost beat us at home last week. That team was missing every one of their top players and they shreaded our secondary and almost shut down our passing game. I'm just tired of it.

[/QUOTE]

yeah... I hear ya.  the depleted jets had 2 guys left that were known threats.  Keller and kerly.  How do you let Keller ru free and have a big game? Ebner finally shadowed him at the end so maybe give them credit for making this adjustment.  But if they gameplanned to take him out from the start, maybe a different ball game.

nothing over the top so that's encouraging .  A lot of this stuff is confidence for these young players to trust their reads and break on the ball. We're talking that extra half second that can be   the difference.  So coming out on top last week maybe gives these guys a push ...in the right direction .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Every team passes on the Patriots defense... The thing is that St. Louis actually has a decent defense as well (9th in yards and points allowed - that is 10 slots ahead of the Pats in points allowed and 15 in yards). So will the offense be able to put up the 30 points it has to for this team to win games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am going to respectfully disagree with this statement. I do not think that 7 catches (on 7 targets) for 93 yards and a TD when he average about 3 catches and 50 yards a game and has missed four games with a hamstring injury means that he was well covered...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/10/new_england_patriots_rule_safe.html

If McCourty moves to safety, Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard and Marquice Cole will be the only active cornerbacks.

I almost crapped my pants when I read that. We could be in trouble.

[/QUOTE]

too much tea and crumpets?

[/QUOTE]

Jolly good. :) :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am going to respectfully disagree with this statement. I do not think that 7 catches (on 7 targets) for 93 yards and a TD when he average about 3 catches and 50 yards a game and has missed four games with a hamstring injury means that he was well covered...

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they used ebner until the 4 th qtr and he went man against Keller when jets did their shotgun spread. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

Every team passes on the Patriots defense... The thing is that St. Louis actually has a decent defense as well (9th in yards and points allowed - that is 10 slots ahead of the Pats in points allowed and 15 in yards). So will the offense be able to put up the 30 points it has to for this team to win games?

[/QUOTE]

the Rams D is highly rated but not close to the Seahawks, especially at home. I really do not consider this a home game for either team, so that works against STL.

I am sure Bradford will throw for 350+, everybody does, as been the case for the last 2 years .. but few actually win.

I would be worried for Amendola .. collarbone injuries are very fragile ( who is the RB for San Diego. he has been slow to return to form) I know there are no bounties in the NFL but I think Moore, Ebner would see a big bullseye on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the Rams D is highly rated but not close to the Seahawks, especially at home. I really do not consider this a home game for either team, so that works against STL.

I am sure Bradford will throw for 350+, everybody does, as been the case for the last 2 years .. but few actually win.

I would be worried for Amendola .. collarbone injuries are very fragile ( who is the RB for San Diego. he has been slow to return to form) I know there are no bounties in the NFL but I think Moore, Ebner would see a big bullseye on him.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are not as good as the Seahawks, but they much better than the Jets who the Patriots offense struggled against last week. 

Really? Moore and Ebner? Should some one be afraid of either of them... they have a combined 10 tackles on the season with all of Ebner's coming on special teams. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

mccourty covers more ground with his speed , period. Give these guys more time to gel and pats will show steady improvement.  Wilson has been increasingly solid.  I'm predicting picks for this group this week .

2 Picks for disparaged secondary . More progress as predicted. Great job by entire D....!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Chung can stay out....AFAIC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

we need them back !!!! week 10 vs Bills....

i like the chances of our D when healthy.... front 7 is getting better and better, today the pass rush was good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chung can stay out....AFAIC.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... Maybe he can begin a workout program to get bigger or faster or quicker , but he has regressed this year. 

Maybe he never was very good , but I used to like him for his aggressiveness and energy . ...