Chung fined 5,000 for late hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Chung fined 5,000 for late hit

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Mike Reiss
    Second-year Patriots safety Patrick Chung, who played a big role in the team’s season-opening victory over the Bengals, has been fined $5,000 by the NFL for unnecessary roughness. Chung’s fine was a result of a late hit in Week 1.

Chung was credited with a team-high 16 tackles by in-game statisticians and played a key role in the team’s strong defensive performance.

Chung was not penalized in the game.

Just curious, anyone know which hit this was?  I saw the game and he was flying around the field but I don't know which hit they are talking about.  It wasn't penalized but I don't want to say what I think of the fine without seeing the hit in question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Chung fined 5,000 for late hit

I'm pretty sure I seen him hit a guy in the 5th row on the visitors side along with everyone else on the field but I didn't see this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I just remember one play where a ball-carrier was pretty much down and Chung buried him with his shoulder up around the head as the guy was inches from being down, classic Rodney Harrison finish. To me, it was borderline, not worthy of a fine or penalty, but was certainly unnecessary.

Hey, I wouldn't mind if he eaned a $5k fine every week...and the reputation that would come with that. Safeties need to be mean and untrustworthy and create a little doubt for receivers thinking about going over the middle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I didn't see it but I hope he keeps making them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

CHUNG the new Rodney Harrison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Love the aggressiveness .....but what bugs me is no penalty was called so why a fine a week later?

hey GamerCool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Chung fined 5,000 for late hit:
    [QUOTE]Love the aggressiveness .....but what bugs me is no penalty was called so why a fine a week later? hey Gamer
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time.

As Pats fan well knows, officials miss stuff all the time (and often times -- just for fun  -- see things that aren't there). The league officers, however, review all the tape of all the games, and those worthies don't miss a trick. It's the same logic the cops use to justify scanning every license plate on the road. You might be doing something wrong they don't know about. Got to fill up those coffers somehow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I missed it too, and was wondering the same thing Shenanigan. Gotta love that there is someone back there with some real attitude though. And at any rate, I am glad it wasn't caught by the refs.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Appeal it!

Wasn't flagrant enuf to call it so what's
    with the fine?

B.S.

So what happens when he goes missile mode on a safety blitz come Sunday?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Chung fined 5,000 for late hit:
    [QUOTE]Appeal it! Wasn't flagrant enuf to call it so what's with the fine? B.S. So what happens when he goes missile mode on a safety blitz come Sunday?
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]
    Just don't make it a late hit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I'd rather see him get fined than let up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If he was fined 5k for his play during the season opener then I hope he gets fined every game.  He had a great game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wait...a player can get fined even though no penalty was called?

Then how many fines are they going to be doling out this season?  Because his hit was marginally late at worst, and must happen about 10 times per week in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Loved when I heard this. When was the last time we picked a young player in the draft that ran around the field hitting everything in sight? He did look like a smaller version of Harrison out there, hope he can keep it up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

smaller version of harrison??? what you mean like 1 inch shorter and maybe 5 pounds less than what rodneys measurables were. this guy played like a clone of rodney last sunday and i hope he keeps it up.

Sections
Shortcuts