Chung is a Missile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Re: Chung is a Missile

All of a sudden,the secondary no longer looks like a question mark.If the D can provide consistant pressure on the QB,the secondary will look even better.I see some impressive turnover numbers coming from this unit this season with Spikes thumping everything in sight and this quick young secondary ball hawking.With this will probably come some big plays for the offense,but by seasons end, this has the potential to be a very good defense.(pass rush,pass rush)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

I agree, Spikes looks unusually good for a rookie too. I am still worried about that pass rush with a weaker exterior then most teams but maybe they create constructive schemes to get a rush and let this secondary unleash. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Rodney who?

yeah chung looked good, the first team DBs looked good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What, no Patriot Missile jokes?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

I have to admit I didnt think Chung was going to turn out to be ok after last year, I just wasnt sure he could hit like was said and he looked totally confused at times and missed tackles. I hope he continues his progress, its nice to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I have to admit, on one play last night Chung looked kind of Bob Sanders-esque when he came flying in to make the play.  That probably means Chung will be on the IR in two or three weeks...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Chung is a Missile:
    [QUOTE]I have to admit, on one play last night Chung looked kind of Bob Sanders-esque when he came flying in to make the play.  That probably means Chung will be on the IR in two or three weeks...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Knock on wood! Haha. But really, if he does translate into a Bob Sanders type player minus the injuries then that's a great pickup for New England.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit, on one play last night Chung looked kind of Bob Sanders-esque when he came flying in to make the play.  That probably means Chung will be on the IR in two or three weeks...

Really too bad about Bob Sanders.  The guy completely elevates the Colts defense when he is playing.  Great player.  I guess it's good for us, but I enjoy seeing the good players playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Does anybody remember the guy who started that Chung can't cover, he suks thread? Who was that? 

Was it TexasPat?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Sounds like a pretty intelligent thread.. Those seem to pop up here and there. DBs take 2 to 3 years usually to make a real impact. Look at Revis. Could be a great second year for the young guy Chung. Tackling was an issue last year, he tackles.. simplicity can be good on defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Chung was a very physical player in college, I'm glad it looks like he's going to be able to carry it over to the pros. There is a reason why this guy was picked ahead of his teamate that plays for Buffalo.

I think this team may be able to handle the blitzing that they are going to have to do to generate a pass rush. If a team like the Jets can get pressure by blitzing, why can't we? We have lord knows enough high picks and money tied into the secondary. Time to put them on an island with guys one on one and bring some heat. Can't be any worse than the slow death of letting these guys run around for too long with recievers that have all day to find open spots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Ha good one... seriously.  Since I so rarely think anything you say is funny or intelligent I thought I should give you props here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

[QUOTE]I started a thread about the starting safeties just before the 1st preseason game & Had BM31 & Chung as my hopeful starters. Sounded like #38 had a solid showing last week, but he didn't really stand out to me in ATL. Sanders & McGowan looked decent but I think the youngsters could turn out to be young-stars in the near future. Bob Sanders 2.0 & a young Ed Reed back there could be explosive. Then Top it off with some SPIKES & MAYO... Im Psyched!
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

My take is Meri plays the FS spot, alot of times that means playing the deep half. The Falcons were forced to check down all night, letting Chung fly in for tackles. Therefore I would guess Meri did a heck of a job in coverage. Not all good plays end up on stat sheets or the TV screen for that matter.

Ahh but one second read you said #38 Sergio Brown, I did see him make some solid contact out there, I think he did his job with what he had to work with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmurr12. Show bmurr12's posts

In Response to Chung is a Missile:
    [QUOTE]Chung is a missile. He looked like a real stud against Atlanta.. Im on the west coast and that is the only game I will see. He looked very impressive. Always around the ball, whether it was in coverage or in the box. Makes the tackle fast. Takes good angles. Not withstanding McCourty looked great too, but I think Chung may be a huge plus this year. 
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

Seriously so glad someone had written about this.  I've posted on here, I might even have a slight Chung crush...but I honestly LOVE this guy.  Granted, I am a huge Oregon Ducks fan (don't ask, born and bred in Boston with no affiliation to the school) but this guy was playing Div 1 college football at age 16, leading a defense that has produced such guys as Rashard Bauman, Ngata, Jairus Byrd (who should have won the ROY Defensive award with Cushing and his PED's).  But there is never a play you don't see # 25 near the ball or not having made the tackle.  And you will never see a play where he DIDN'T make the tackle when he should have.  What was everyone's gripe about Merriweather?  He always missed his tackles.  Chung doesn't have the coverage skills that Merriweather has, but these two are going to be great together.  Their skill set compliments each other perfectly.

I promise you Boston fans, you are going to LOVE this kid...and I see him being something special.  He has a mean streak, and he's a leader.  With Mayo, Spikes, Chung...those are the leaders this defense has been lacking since Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison were around.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]Rodney who? yeah chung looked good, the first team DBs looked good
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]Slow down there buddy, 2 preseason games does not make a football player. It will be along time, if never, that we say Rodney who. Rodney was an attitude, the pulse of the team. Played the game w/amazing tougness. I would take him back in his prime in a second. Chung is no Harrison yet.

Sections
Shortcuts