CHUNG is BACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

CHUNG is BACK!

Patriots signed FS Patrick Chung, formerly of the Eagles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: CHUNG is BACK!

I like it.  He doesn't need to cover, just lay wood.  I think he fits in nicely...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I like it.  He doesn't need to cover, just lay wood.  I think he fits in nicely...

That's good cause he can't cover. Hopefully he remembers to hit the other guys. I'm not a fan of this signing other then camp competition 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

That's good cause he can't cover. Hopefully he remembers to hit the other guys. I'm not a fan of this signing other then camp competition 

Ahhh..shouldn't this entry have been made on the 1st?!

Well...I bet it was a cheap sign!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

You have got to be kidding.  Chung again?  Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

WOWWW... spechless...  good i guess, young, knows the system, hope he can stay on the field. Nice true Safety to have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I never understood why everybody hated on the guy.  He's an enforcer, smack you in the face type safety.  No, he's not a good cover safety.

Plus, we have a very nice trio of cover corners now in Revis, Browner and Dennard.  McCourty is the guy that doesn't get deep.  Let Chung run wild and lay some hits.  This D needs a bit more nastiness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Why????? The dude takes poor angles and ugh!  I'd rather have Gregory.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

He was injured all the time Irish pretty sure that's it, he didn't do much wrong on the field as a Patriot...it's fair to say he played in a poor secondary when he was here as well in my opinion 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

I agree with your comment on Chung. I am not sure Gregory is better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Been there, done that. I'd rather have Danieal Manning: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/03/danieal-manning-finishing-up-a-one-year-deal-with-bengals/ 

Well, Chung is still young (26)...but he still can't cover. Let's hope that the second time is better than the first: http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-S-Patrick-Chung/1cc1ff4c-f694-4041-8d56-b8ec8be1ce63 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

They let him go because he really was beat on a regular basis by the TE's and wr's he was suppossed to cover...he took bad angles in the D Backfield, he knocked out as many teammates from making tackles as Gregory did, and most of all, his style of play, smash and dash, turned mostly into smash and injuries, alot of concussions, and missed tackles...

But as long as they didn't pay much, fine, he gives us depth....If Harmon can't beat him out, BB screwed up again...Tavon Wilson is cannon fodder at this point...I hope he's a demon on special teams

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Gregory is a midget, my only concern with Chung, is he just doesn't play a smart Safety, which is vital. Wait and see.

Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I agree with your comment on Chung. I am not sure Gregory is better. 

He's probably not better.  Just had to exaggerate a bit I guess.  LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

They let him go because he really was beat on a regular basis by the TE's and wr's he was suppossed to cover...he took bad angles in the D Backfield, he knocked out as many teammates from making tackles as Gregory did, and most of all, his style of play, smash and dash, turned mostly into smash and injuries, alot of concussions, and missed tackles...

But as long as they didn't pay much, fine, he gives us depth....If Harmon can't beat him out, BB screwed up again...Tavon Wilson is cannon fodder at this point...I hope he's a demon on special teams

Tavon Wilson was such a lousy draft pick.  I want that and the Ras I Dowling pick back again and a mulligan for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

TexasPat,

I definitely would rather have Danieal Manning over Chung or Gregory.  No question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

He may be camp competition, insurance, or simply a 3rd stringer.  I was never a huge fan of Chung but I'm not really opposed to this signing.  Is he Canton material?  Certainly not but he knows the system, is young enough and perhaps he's learned a thing or two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

everyone is going to sleep on Duron Harmon. I think in his limited time last year he showed the potential to be an enforcer type safety.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Signed does not mean made the game roster or even lasted through camp and the preseason. He comes in and if he still retains his bad habit of not staying in his assigned coverage area he won't last long.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

He may be good for special teams, who knows

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Special Teams are important too.  He could excel in this situation. Except on Fake Punts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

He can't wear #25.  He'll owe Kyle Arrington a year's worth of diapers if he wants it back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'm hoping he's an upgrade over Gregory, but that's not saying much cause I thought Gregory stunk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He can't wear #25.  He'll owe Kyle Arrington a year's worth of diapers if he wants it back.

Perhaps Chung will get it after Arrington is cut....do the math...too many DBs on the roster....someone is getting whacked...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Signed does not mean made the game roster or even lasted through camp and the preseason. He comes in and if he still retains his bad habit of not staying in his assigned coverage area he won't last long."

Glen pleased don't sound so sensible and logical, we are really not used to that kind of thing on this board. :) 

Agreed.

Sections
Shortcuts