CHUNG is BACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: CHUNG is BACK!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lombardi must of called in sick today...

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  Or he's bound and gagged somewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

While I don't think he is the answer at SS we have all been waiting for, I do think he looked bad and was exposed when he was here because he was asked to do too much.  Our secondary was horrific then, McCourty being the only promising guy back there, and even he was being stretched.  Because of that, Chung couldn't play to his strengths, got frustrated and tried to resolve those frustrations by being reckless.  I believe he has a real chance to be a much improved player now that he has great cover guys around him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

depth signing....might not make it out of camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

thanks BB!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I don't think he is the answer at SS we have all been waiting for, I do think he looked bad and was exposed when he was here because he was asked to do too much.  Our secondary was horrific then, McCourty being the only promising guy back there, and even he was being stretched.  Because of that, Chung couldn't play to his strengths, got frustrated and tried to resolve those frustrations by being reckless.  I believe he has a real chance to be a much improved player now that he has great cover guys around him. 

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. THat is the hope and it sounds like both inexpensive, risk free move AND one which BB knows who he is getting. I like it partly because it has no risk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lombardi must of called in sick today...

[/QUOTE]

Hahaaa, Probably

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting comments here about how good Chung is and the "value" he brings to the Pats with his re-signing. I guess some here think they know better than the Pats' organization about him.  If he wasn't "good enough", why sign him?   

[/QUOTE]

They signed him because, despite his coverage shortcomings, he's better than what they had in Gregory, and better than draft busts Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon...which is a sad thing for us Patriots fans.

[/QUOTE]

Better than than the wilson brothers(tavon, adrian) for sure but not sure Harmon wouldnt beat him out. He looks to be slightly more NFL ready than Chung did coming in at 19 years old.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Chung left NE because the Eagles overpaid him.  I'm not so sure he wouldn't have been retained if his price tag was more realistic.  I was shocked at the deal he got from Philly.  That said, he is a long shot to be on the roster.  He played hard and looked good at times here, but he sure got injured a lot which probably led to some of his on-field woes.  This looks like a depth signing and camp body kind of deal.      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting comments here about how good Chung is and the "value" he brings to the Pats with his re-signing. I guess some here think they know better than the Pats' organization about him.  If he wasn't "good enough", why sign him?   

[/QUOTE]

So you don't think the Pats organization makes mistakes?

[/QUOTE]

Never said the organization does not makes mistakes.

Are you implying the Pats purposely signs players they know from the gitgo they'll not work out and, therefore, are making a mistake knowingly?

Mistakes are the result of an attempt to get something right, with all good intentions and present knowledge, and if it does not work out, therefore, you made a mistake.  If the Pats do sign someone they know is a mistake to do so, that is gross negligience on their part, you think?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I really hope the Lombardi posts are just jokes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They signed him because, despite his coverage shortcomings, he's better than what they had in Gregory, and better than draft busts Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon...which is a sad thing for us Patriots fans.

[/QUOTE]

OK, TP.  That is a good viewpoint and not like some posters here who appear to think this signing is a mistake.

Like glenr said..  Pats sign players to bring to camp and see how it will work out. Pats aren't signing players they know in advance may not be a fit.  Test it first, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm trying to stay positive with this one if he makes the roster. We all know the guy can't cover or make an open field tackle to save his life. However with the improved secondary he may not have to. I can see him being primarily used in a run stuffing/fill in the gap support role or even in a blitzing scheme to overcrowd the line of srimmage. Nothing takes the wind out of an offenses' bruising run game like a good punch in the mouth and he can deliver in that respect (provided he stays healthy). I'm not a draft guy, but it is to my understanding that  the field is thin as far as guys that can generate pressure on the opposing qb, maybe BB has some different ideas on generating a pash russ that could invole Chung.

I don't know about you guys but I am tired of seeing oppsoing qb's ending the game having their uniform as clean as when it started. I want them to pay for every yard gained through the air in blood. If Chung fits into that equation I'm willing to give him another chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

In todays pass happy league I'd rather have a saftey that can cover.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guesmem2011. Show guesmem2011's posts

Brandon Meriweather is not walking through that door....or is he?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I really hope the Lombardi posts are just jokes."

They are jokes but they point to the fact that BB has made a lot of mistakes as GM over the years. He is not the legend as GM he is as a coach, except in the minds of a few of our special homers.

That said, this doesn't seem like one of those mistakes, due to its low risk/low downside nature.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I'm optimistic about this signing. This defense is going to be playing more press and man coverage, which is better for Chung. His biggest weakness was zone. We didn't have guys like Revis and Browner and DMC wasn't a full time FS for Chung's time here. I think he does an OK job with TE's, it's when he has to cover faster receivers in space is when he is a liability. Not saying he'll be a starter but a good signing for depth, special teams and camp competition.

Now, my glass half empty opinion is: Does anyone know how much superglue is guarenteed in this hummel's contract?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

BFB with another spectacular signing.  Garbage - in - Garbage - out - Garbage in again.

Yes, BB is just so awful ... he never comes up with a good team... Maybe you should find another team... one that builds its roster by playing fantsy football.

Please....

[/QUOTE]

You may want to check the pressure and give a quick wipe down too your BB blow up doll.  It probably needs it.  Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'm in the minority but I like the signing. Our improved secondary can hide his deficiencies and he can give us that hard hitting enforcer. It's not like he was horrible the whole time he was here. It was just the last year that was brutal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They let him go because he really was beat on a regular basis by the TE's and wr's he was suppossed to cover...he took bad angles in the D Backfield, he knocked out as many teammates from making tackles as Gregory did, and most of all, his style of play, smash and dash, turned mostly into smash and injuries, alot of concussions, and missed tackles...

But as long as they didn't pay much, fine, he gives us depth....If Harmon can't beat him out, BB screwed up again...Tavon Wilson is cannon fodder at this point...I hope he's a demon on special teams

[/QUOTE]

O.k., o.k., ALL true...but If you would just break it down rationally, a bit further, it starts to make better sense:  Chung takes horrible angles, smashes himself on to the IR list, they're pretty deep in The Secondary, but they need and enforcer run stuffing Linebacker, but resigning Spikes would've cost 2 mil, while acquiring Chung will only take 1 mil, but at least Chung won't contribute to help fielding a more solid complete Defense.  But he only costs a mil or less, so when he injures himself, you're only down a mil or even less...

See? 

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see...he signed for what, 700K?...assuming they cut Wilson the Elder, that's $800K to the plus in the cap...just hope he can stay on the field....lord knows the man doesn't much care for hisw physical welfare when he plays! He probably has a better chance up close when he doesn't have to hit faster WR's, just backs and TE's.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

An Eagles fan summed up Connie Chung on PFT with this....

"He tried hard, but two comical plays in which he knocked his own teammates off of a ballcarrier pretty much summed up his time in Philadelphia."

Sounds like the Chung we know all too well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

He made two crucial mistakes that cost us dearly

Jets, fake punt

Giants z

SB 46 -lined up inside tha hash marks instead of outside, cost him the one step he needed to knock down Eli s pass on the last drive  - this per herm Edwards the next day

I thought he hit hard, if that's all he has to I can maybe be okay with him, maybe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

13 DBs on the team right now . . . Revis, Browner, McCourty, Dennard, Ryan are locks unless someone goes down from that group.  So who fights it out for the last 3/4 postions: Chung, Harmon, Arrington, Wilson A, Wilson T, Ebner, Davis and Green plus they most likely will at least draft one DB and bring in one who was undrafted.   So who else makes this team, it will come down to the best guys at Special Team play . . .  right now I'd say that is Chung, Harmon, Arrington and Ebner in that order.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm in the minority but I like the signing. Our improved secondary can hide his deficiencies and he can give us that hard hitting enforcer. It's not like he was horrible the whole time he was here. It was just the last year that was brutal.

[/QUOTE]

he got hurt quite a bit. Can't help the D much if he's riding the pine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

This rivals the Adrian Wilson signing. What a let down after starting free agency by signing Revis!

Chung was awful for the Eagles last year plus was always nicked up.