CHUNG is BACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: CHUNG is BACK!

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

BFB with another spectacular signing.  Garbage - in - Garbage - out - Garbage in again.

Yes, BB is just so awful ... he never comes up with a good team... Maybe you should find another team... one that builds its roster by playing fantsy football.

Please....

[/QUOTE]

You may want to check the pressure and give a quick wipe down too your BB blow up doll.  It probably needs it.  Wink

[/QUOTE]

You are nothing like your avatar. THose guys are not jivin fools who live to put donw everyone else. LIke you Jets fans.

Your jealousy is P A T H E T I C (pronounced Jets, Jets, Jets).

Let me know when your favorite GM fields a playoff team essentially every year for something like 14 years (and wins 3 SBs and his team has a lead in 2 other SBs late in the game.. only to lose to a magic helmet in one game and injuries and a dropped pass in another... after all, while Brady cant throw em AND catch em BB cant throw or catch em .. his players have to do that).

P A T H E T I C (pronounced Jets, Jets, Jets)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Everyone needs examples of how NOT to do things..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I don't think he is the answer at SS we have all been waiting for, I do think he looked bad and was exposed when he was here because he was asked to do too much.  Our secondary was horrific then, McCourty being the only promising guy back there, and even he was being stretched.  Because of that, Chung couldn't play to his strengths, got frustrated and tried to resolve those frustrations by being reckless.  I believe he has a real chance to be a much improved player now that he has great cover guys around him. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree, with an improved secondary, Chung can be used closer to the line. Also, we have much depth in the secondary, so we will not be reliant on Chung To play deep and roll cover to help our CB's. I think he is an upgrade over twilson, probably on par with Gregory at a much reduced price. Overall, smart signing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Right. He might not make the team but he gives us an option in camp and he can show whether he is up to playing WITHIN BBs system or not. I like it but I have low expectations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He can't wear #25.  He'll owe Kyle Arrington a year's worth of diapers if he wants it back.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Chung will get it after Arrington is cut....do the math...too many DBs on the roster....someone is getting whacked...

[/QUOTE]
    Arrington received his 2.5 mil roster bonus. Doubt he gets get now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Signed does not mean made the game roster or even lasted through camp and the preseason. He comes in and if he still retains his bad habit of not staying in his assigned coverage area he won't last long.

[/QUOTE]

we might not be using zone coverages as much with the addition of revis and browner and dennard who can play man as well.  I am betting we switch to man coverage to take advantage of the strengths of revis/dennard/browner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really hope the Lombardi posts are just jokes.

[/QUOTE]

Relax, they are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

I think most of you are missing the point here...

They only signed him so that Bill B. could give him another (Donald Trump) moment, "You're Fired"!..........

Belichick has assistants out this weekend trying to bring Laura Maroney back too! Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting comments here about how good Chung is and the "value" he brings to the Pats with his re-signing. I guess some here think they know better than the Pats' organization about him.  If he wasn't "good enough", why sign him?   

[/QUOTE]

They signed him because, despite his coverage shortcomings, he's better than what they had in Gregory, and better than draft busts Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon...which is a sad thing for us Patriots fans.

[/QUOTE]

Please explain how Duron Harmon is a "draft bust"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

everyone is going to sleep on Duron Harmon. I think in his limited time last year he showed the potential to be an enforcer type safety.

[/QUOTE]

Harmon starts, chung makes a good back up IMO..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

WHY!!!!!! Just when I felt the Pats figured it out they sign this cant cover NO ONE safety? Why not Owen Daniels instead-Chung does not make the opening day roster!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Chung sucks. All these NFL teams giving him jobs are idiots. They just keep getting duped. They should read this board, then they would know how dumb they are.

Maybe Murtl and T-cal could write Belichick and Kraft a letter to inform them of how dumb they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

?????

[/QUOTE]

LOL.....he had a long career....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

so, when are the Patriots going to address the pass rush?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting comments here about how good Chung is and the "value" he brings to the Pats with his re-signing. I guess some here think they know better than the Pats' organization about him.  If he wasn't "good enough", why sign him?   

[/QUOTE]

They signed him because, despite his coverage shortcomings, he's better than what they had in Gregory, and better than draft busts Tavon Wilson and Duron Harmon...which is a sad thing for us Patriots fans.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he wasn't immediately making big hits and turnovers! Obviously you're not accustomed to the expectations around here. Furthermore, Belichick is on the 'hot seat' if he doesn't win this year. (forever waiting on my sarcasm font...selfies with the fking prez go out worldwide immediately, and we still can't get a sarcasm font)

I actually like the signing. In a thin, undertalented secondary, he gets exposed horribly. However, with Revis island drifting into NE, McCourty as a VERY SOLID FS, Dennard/Browner as the #2, and Ryan/Arrington as the 4/5...I like where Chung fits. He won't be asked to cover much, as someone like Collins showed a nice ability to cover TEs, among others.

He'll be asked to be the physical presence on the second level...very much what Tebucky did when he was here. Neither is a great player, Tebucky LOOKED a lot better with guys like Law and Milloy around him...and I think the same will hold true for Chung. Remember some of the corners he was playing with in NE last time? Yeah, neither do I...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was wondering - I cannot understand the rush to judgement of certain players around here either.  I've read multiple times here over the past few days that Harmon and Dennard are terrible.  Harmon played a fair amount as a rook and will likely be better this year.  He actually reminds me a bit of James Sanders.  Dennard shows flashes of being a decent CB.  If people want to say that Tavon Wilson is a bust, I'd tend to agree it's looking that way since he was mostly a special teamer and teams don't usually spend a 2nd rd. pick on a ST guy.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chung sucks. All these NFL teams giving him jobs are idiots. They just keep getting duped. They should read this board, then they would know how dumb they are.

Maybe Murtl and T-cal could write Belichick and Kraft a letter to inform them of how dumb they are.

[/QUOTE]

Goes back to the Wilfork name caling... amazing around here what people say.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So you don't think the Pats organization makes mistakes?

[/QUOTE]

Never said the organization does not makes mistakes.

Are you implying the Pats purposely signs players they know from the gitgo they'll not work out and, therefore, are making a mistake knowingly?

Mistakes are the result of an attempt to get something right, with all good intentions and present knowledge, and if it does not work out, therefore, you made a mistake.  If the Pats do sign someone they know is a mistake to do so, that is gross negligience on their part, you think?

[/QUOTE]

I would say Yes, somewhat. In the case of Michael Jenkins. He was never expected to make the team but he was a camp body. You dont want to wear out your young players in the summer that will be contributing during season. If we had suffered injuries to most our WR corps, Than M.Jenkins would have been called back but he was never signed with the intention of making opening day roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Whatever safeties are on the field Should have a Much easier time defending HALF the field considering what Revis is gonna do SO in that sense, I understand the signing. Chung or whoever wont be watching Revis' back and will only need to cover a small portion and if they still cant get it done, they dont belong in the NFL.

I look forward to what packages BB is gonna throw out there and I expect exotic looks like we saw in the dynasty years and get back to harassing and confusing QBs like we used to do. Chung, if anything DOES have Attitude and combined Browner, Revis, Dennard....?? Thats a LOT of TUDE' and WIll go a long way. We were too soft w/Gregory and McCourty last year. CHung can atleast play the run without being overwhelmed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Chung is a "bust," that's why Belichick let him go...

.. until he re-signed him?

I'm sure injuries and money have nothing to do with personnel matters anyway, the only thing that matters is that I get to use "sux" and "bust" in the same post... the negative nancies will be proud.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chung is a "bust," that's why Belichick let him go...

.. until he re-signed him?

I'm sure injuries and money have nothing to do with personnel matters anyway, the only thing that matters is that I get to use "sux" and "bust" in the same post... the negative nancies will be proud.

[/QUOTE]

I been goin' bvst and svcks and dvmm!ef#ce and shhhh:  sh-#t

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: This is my opinion, based on his play. Remember, we've talking about a 3rd round pick here...the 91st overall selection in the 2013 draft. Sorry...but the guy appears to be nothing more than special teams fodder...quite like BB's "brilliant" 2nd round choice, 48th overall, in the 2012 draft...Tavon Wilson.     

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was wondering - I cannot understand the rush to judgement of certain players around here either.  I've read multiple times here over the past few days that Harmon and Dennard are terrible.  Harmon played a fair amount as a rook and will likely be better this year.  He actually reminds me a bit of James Sanders.  Dennard shows flashes of being a decent CB.  If people want to say that Tavon Wilson is a bust, I'd tend to agree it's looking that way since he was mostly a special teamer and teams don't usually spend a 2nd rd. pick on a ST guy.  

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Who said anything about Dennard? My opinion on Harmon is based on his play. Remember, we've talking about a 3rd round pick here...the 91st overall selection in the 2013 draft. Sorry, but the guy appears to be nothing more than special teams fodder. In this regard, he's similar to BB's "brilliant" 2nd round choice, 48th overall, in the 2012 draft...Tavon Wilson. 

Remember also that BB's own scouting department tried to warn him off selecting Harmon so high, believing him to be a player that could be had as an undrafted free agent. Harmon represents the latest BB attempt to "manufacture" a SS.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

RESPONSE: This is my opinion, based on his play. Remember, we've talking about a 3rd round pick here...the 91st overall selection in the 2013 draft. Sorry...but the guy appears to be nothing more than special teams fodder...quite like BB's "brilliant" 2nd round choice, 48th overall, in the 2012 draft...Tavon Wilson.     

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Who said anything about Dennard? My opinion on Harmon is based on his play. Remember, we've talking about a 3rd round pick here...the 91st overall selection in the 2013 draft. Sorry, but the guy appears to be nothing more than special teams fodder. In this regard, he's similar to BB's "brilliant" 2nd round choice, 48th overall, in the 2012 draft...Tavon Wilson. 

Remember also that BB's own scouting department tried to warn him off selecting Harmon so high, believing him to be a player that could be had as an undrafted free agent. Harmon represents the latest BB attempt to "manufacture" a SS.   

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't pointing fingers at you for saying Dennard is awful.  But some posters have said it and I wonder what their opinion is based on?  Filling in for Talib in the AFCCG?  Same with Harmon.  I'd give him another year before I'd declare him anything.  A late third rounder for a solid-if-not-spectacular player is not an unreasonable return.  I saw some good moments from him as well as some dumb rookie plays.  Re: the draft - I wasn't in the war room and I read the same articles about BB's scouts.  Maybe it's true, but I don't buy it hook, line and sinker.

Bottom line for me is that I saw enough from Harmon last year to make me think he could improve.  Tavon Wilson?  Cleary he regressed and it's hard to argue he wasn't a wasted pick at this point.       

Sections
Shortcuts