Chung: 'It was an honest mistake'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Chung: 'It was an honest mistake'

I hope he has a few more honest mistakes this week. We all know that Peyton, as good as he is, folds when he gets hit enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Chung: 'It was an honest mistake'

Not what I wanted to hear from him. I hope this doesn't make him hesitate before nailing another QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Chung: 'It was an honest mistake':
    Not what I wanted to hear from him. I hope this doesn't make him hesitate before nailing another QB.
    Posted by Evil2009

I agree, but I believe BB has told him not to let this bother him and go for it.

This is not about roughing the passer, it is about being aggressive on the pass rush. I am all for protecting the QB but there is a big difference in going for an unprotected leg and making a solid hit. In the case of Chung it was NOT a head shot, it looked that way because his head flew back.

It was a clean solid hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm sure in public it's what's needed to be said but behind closed doors BB is patting him on the back saying "that a boy"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

BB should pay his fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This is the difference between the Pats and the Ravens.  If this were the Ravens Chung would have given interviews after the game complaining about the officials and crying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

BB should pay his fine.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

Agree but Kraft not BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Paying the fine for him as a means of condoning what looked to me like a textbook hit is a great idea in theory, but I'd be very surprised if it's not against NFL policy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Here is my question.

Where does all of the money collected in fines go?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Here is my question. Where does all of the money collected in fines go?
    Posted by zbellino

I believe it goes to NFL Charities, although what that arm of the league supports is anyone's guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by zbellino

Charities.  I don't recall exactly where I read that, but I did read that before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Guys it's obvious Goodell took a pay cut so he needs to makeup the difference somehow.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell takes 20 percent pay cut

By Doug Tatum

February 25, 2009, 10:05AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has taken a 20 percent pay cut and the league staff has been trimmed by 15 percent because of a reeling economy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Posted by zbellino

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Yes, it was. He had intent to hit and, lo and behold, he did hit. No F. Lee Bailey needed here. It is my understanding that NFL Charities helps strengthen community ties by building more sports spaces for the kids to play, however, they also commit funds to educational programs like wood-bringing/working and home economics. All that's missing is Salsa dancing and other wholesome family actvities.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Whatever happened to rookies in New England being seen and not heard?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

To anybody who says this was a clean hit, you are crazy. The rule clearly states you can not lead with your head. It also states helmet to helmet contact is illegal. The top of Chung's helmet hit Henne right on the chin. Now, having said that I loved the hit. Was a little disappointed because it was on third down, but I figure if you are going to get flagged for roughing the passer make it a good one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Rodney Harrison called it a cost of doing business. 

If a player illegally smacks three key quarterbacks a year (just the key ones, mind you, on first down when it doesn't count for so much,  etc. ), they fine him three times.  Then the club's front office doubles his salary next contract for all the good he did for the club in the past, with expectations of the same in the future.  I'm sure this goes on with many NFL teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Ok, since I'm not seeing a link & went straight to this message board, I take it Chung got a fine for his hit.

Anyway, the whole thing is all a result of many things going on! I re-watched the game and Burgess got the roughing the passer penalty, not Chung! You can clearly see that Burgess' helmet hits the back of Henne's helmet, which caused the flag.  That set in motion, Henne's head going forward, THUS Henne getting smacked in the chin by Chung's helmet!  Because Chung's helmet DID hit Henne's helmet, I believe he got the fine.

I could be wrong, but that's what I saw.

Sections
Shortcuts