Chungs Injury does not look to be serious!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Chungs Injury does not look to be serious!!!!!!!!

Sigh of relief! He was spotted in the locker room without Crutches or a limp. Here is the Story Courtesy of Mike Reiss:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Reporters saw injured safety Patrick Chung walk through the Patriots' locker room Wednesday, and it looks like Chung escaped a serious injury.

Chung had been knocked out of Sunday's win over the Chargers in the first half with a knee injury. When reporters spotted him Wednesday morning, Chung walked through the locker room without the aid of crutches and did not appear to be limping.

The Patriots practice this afternoon and while Chung could still miss time, it doesn't look like a long-range situation based on Chung's presence in the locker room Wednesday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Chungs Injury does not look to be serious!!!!!!!!

That is good news Laughing

We need to stay as healthy as possible for the remainder of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good news.

But it is still going to hurt if he misses time this week. He was instrumental in completely limiting both the Ravens and the Dolphins rushing attacks. It would be huge to have his pads on Peterson all game long.

Add deep threats Moss and Harvin, and Spikes and Mayo are going to have their hands full. 

Still I think the front five get ample pressure and force some real mistakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Chungs Injury does not look to be serious!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Good news. But it is still going to hurt if he misses time this week. He was instrumental in completely limiting both the Ravens and the Dolphins rushing attacks. It would be huge to have his pads on Peterson all game long. Add deep threats Moss and Harvin, and Spikes and Mayo are going to have their hands full.  Still I think the front five get ample pressure and force some real mistakes.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I was Thinking  that too. I actually don't expect that we'll see him practicing this week unless it was just a bruise. I like think we got lucky by cathing this Vikings team at a low point and I hope Favre plays long enough to throw a couple of INT's. I was wondering if they were going to stick McCourty on Randy and then give him deep help like other teams have done. Percy Harvin could be the X Factor for the Vikings on Offense so I hope he's beat up a little too. I know missed most of practice last week. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Good news. But it is still going to hurt if he misses time this week. He was instrumental in completely limiting both the Ravens and the Dolphins rushing attacks. It would be huge to have his pads on Peterson all game long. Add deep threats Moss and Harvin, and Spikes and Mayo are going to have their hands full.  Still I think the front five get ample pressure and force some real mistakes.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's really played that rover role BB has wanted for years now, really well.

He wanted it with Tank Williams and then Lynch (they were too slow), but now with Chung's speed and instincts, he canplay a nickel Safety role like a hybrid LB type and move around a lot.

It's very similar to what Pitt does with Polamalu.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hope he gets to play, he and the surprising strong line D has been very good against the run.  Chung also seems to have that...that...IT? thing that when he's outthere at least for me I can't stop watching feeling he's going to make an amazing play or tackle. 

might be premature but probowl for the young safety?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

great news, 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sweet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

I know its a stretch, but can either Chung or Meriweather develop into dominant safeties like Ed Reed or Troy Polumalu.   These guys can change entire games just by their presence on the field.   What do you guys think? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I know its a stretch, but can either Chung or Meriweather develop into dominant safeties like Ed Reed or Troy Polumalu.   These guys can change entire games just by their presence on the field.   What do you guys think? 
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

Guys like Reed and Polamalu are a rare breed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

While Chung may not be turn into a Troy or Ed like safety (since he is a SS and not a FRS anyways)...the combination of Meriweather and Chung is more than good enough for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chungs Injury does not look to be serious!!!!!!!! : Yeah, he's really played that rover role BB has wanted for years now, really well. He wanted it with Tank Williams and then Lynch (they were too slow), but now with Chung's speed and instincts, he canplay a nickel Safety role like a hybrid LB type and move around a lot. It's very similar to what Pitt does with Polamalu.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

+ 1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Thank god! with Mankins sitting out we need Eugene Chung healthy and playing or the line would be a disaster!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

[QUOTE]Thank god! with Mankins sitting out we need Eugene Chung healthy and playing or the line would be a disaster!
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]      That Chung was a borderline bust around 20 years ago. I don't believe he ever wore the silver helmet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Reed and Polamalu are different positional players.  Reed plays much deeper and more of a traditional FS position, while Polmalu gets moved around more to disrupt and he's used more in run support.

Reed is probably the best Safety since Ronnie Lott and has been one of my favorite NFL players since his rookie year.

I knew he'd be good when he came out Miami, but I did not think his play would be Ronnie Lott level.

Sections
Shortcuts