Ciao...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Ciao...

See ya fellas. I've been a member of this forum for some time now, and on a daily basis I look forward to reading many great posts, by many great posters. Prolate, zbellino, Rocky, jrl, rkarp's analyses, just to name a few. There are many more.

Unfortunately, this place has devolved into a miserable, agenda-driven, childish forum. Football talk now takes a backseat to personal feuds, and so-called fans seem more interested in supporting their agenda(s), in lieu of supporting the team. I've tried the "ignore" feature, but I find only 1/4 of the forum available to me after utilizing said feature. Going back to my previous point, the majority of this forum doesn't consist of productive, intellectually-engaging football discussion, but rather, childish bickering. It's a shame there are no moderators here.

All that said, this thread isn't designed to earn me any pity, or hearty-"goodbyes!" (although those would be nice!). Rather, it's designed to show you all where I'm going, and encourage the more rational, intelligent, level-headed folks to follow in my footsteps.

I've found these two forums, read through them, and they appear to be exponentially better than what is going on here. If you'd like to join me over there, I strongly encourage you all to do so! I'll be under the same moniker, "dreighver". 

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=16

It's been fun, fellas!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Ciao...

In response to dreighver's comment:

See ya fellas. I've been a member of this forum for some time now, and on a daily basis I look forward to reading many great posts, by many great posters. Prolate, zbellino, Rocky, jrl, rkarp's analyses, just to name a few. There are many more.

Unfortunately, this place has devolved into a miserable, agenda-driven, childish forum. Football talk now takes a backseat to personal feuds, and so-called fans seem more interested in supporting their agenda(s), in lieu of supporting the team. I've tried the "ignore" feature, but I find only 1/4 of the forum available to me after utilizing said feature. Going back to my previous point, the majority of this forum doesn't consist of productive, intellectually-engaging football discussion, but rather, childish bickering. It's a shame there are no moderators here.

All that said, this thread isn't designed to earn me any pity, or hearty-"goodbyes!". Rather, it's designed to show you all where I'm going, and encourage the more rational, intelligent, level-headed folks to follow in my footsteps.

I've found these two forums, read through them, and they appear to be exponentially better than what is going on here. If you'd like to join me over there, I strongly encourage you all to do so! I'll be under the same moniker, "dreighver". 

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/patsfans-com-patriots-fan-forum.html

It's been fun, fellas!

We'll miss you and your sensible posts, dreighver.  Do us a favour and check in periodically to see if things get better here once the games start(they usually do). Also let us know in a few weeks which of the other forums you like best. We may join you there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it will be much different when the season starts.  It's pretty wild that the place is this active and the first down hasn't been played yet.

Right now, it's opinion vs. opinion vs. history vs. guesswork.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

dreighver,

enjoyed your contributions here. i have a log on at patsfans.com and am trying to get a feel for the site. perhaps i'll see you over there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I do find myself posting less often here for the same reason... almost every thread devolves into name calling. Once it starts it is hard to find posts worth reading because they are buried in all the mindless stuff....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I have always enjoyed your posts, Dreighver, I'm sorry if I have contributed to your leaving. I have tried to use ignore as well with my old name but it doesn't work.

One more thing, do us a favor and take the Brady basher with you... (and then please come back when he's gone).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

dreighver, I understand exactly what you're saying.  I've opted to remain but do understand why you've opted to leave.  Thanks for your contributions and GO PATS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I know what you mean about 1/4 of the board being available after using the ignore button. I've run into multiple theads lately where every one posting was on my ignore list. 

That being said, I've always liked your posts. Not just the content but also the tenor of them. 

Have a good one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

If the poster that refers to everyone to disagrees with him as "a moron' would just leave, it would be a far better board." Actually since he is so smart why would want to associate with "morons"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

All that said, this thread isn't designed to earn me any pity, or hearty-"goodbyes!" (although those would be nice!). Rather, it's designed to show you all where I'm going, and encourage the more rational, intelligent, level-headed folks to follow in my footsteps.

It's been fun, fellas!

Thats real Bro!~ I can def. relate. Too  bad you didnt p/m this post to MOST of us.. but I cant or wont try to make anyone stay and deal with this Sh*t! Its just some days I feel I can deal and others not. I took more than a week off and I come back and see the same Chit. I start a post and right away it gets trolled, trained and derailed! I will take a look at the other sites when I get a chance and hopefully talk football. At the end of the day though, its just too much to deal with daily when I can just talk with friends about football. Some people dont have that option so they HAVE to come here daily and thats when it gets weird. Good Luck Amigo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I will certainly check in on occasion to see the state of the forum and provide updates on the statuses (I think that's the plural form of "status") of the other forums. Glad to see others seem to share my sentiments as well... at least we aren't alone!

Let's go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Footballsfuture is a smaller message board, but there are a few knowledgeable poster in the patriots section. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

To all who have posted in this thread... (Prolate, jrl, portfolio, rtuinila, OG, ATJ, Ty), as well as some who haven't posted here (zbellino, rkarp, Rocky, etc), keep your eyes out for a private-message from me. I'll keep you all posted with regards to how the new forums fare. 

Let's go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

All that said, this thread isn't designed to earn me any pity, or hearty-"goodbyes!". Rather, it's designed to show you all where I'm going, and encourage the more rational, intelligent, level-headed folks to follow in my footsteps.

It's been fun, fellas!

See you over there.  

I don't think I have to tell you but you're one of the reasons he is leaving! Your posts are trash and are not appreciated by many here. But then that's just what you have been trying to accomplish. It's unfortunate that you feel such joy at many others expense. It's also unfortunate that you waste so much time being immature and putting in so much negative energy towards other humans who are just trying to enjoy one the few things we can enjoy in this life. I wish you would consider very seriously just going away!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

And there it is, the kryptonite to intelligence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's been fun, fellas!

You'll be missed.  

I could try to persuade you to stay, but I think that would be doing you a disservice.   I myself stepped away shortly after the Superbowl.   I poked my head back in here mid-summer and I couldn't believe what it had become.

I'll stay through the season with blinders on, but maybe I'll see you over there after that.

Be Well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Sad to see you go man. Your input will be missed here. Good luck on the other forum and keep us posted!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's been fun, fellas!

See you over there.  

I don't think I have to tell you but you're one of the reasons he is leaving! Your posts are trash and are not appreciated by many here. But then that's just what you have been trying to accomplish. It's unfortunate that you feel such joy at many others expense. It's also unfortunate that you waste so much time being immature and putting in so much negative energy towards other humans who are just trying to enjoy one the few things we can enjoy in this life. I wish you would consider very seriously just going away!

And his allegiance to the stalkers who stalk me are the ones who really ruin this board. It's the truth.

I am one person.  Butschise uses multiple board names, his allies use just the one but their miserable tone and trollish, veiled commentary is ruined it for all.

Throw in the mods too obtuse to get it, and the cuckoo birds who aren't genuine for discussion, are the ones who have ruined it alongside Bustchise/Bungalow Bill and his 32 other board names he's created.

Nominate one rational person here to moderate, and this stuff easily goes away.

[/QUOTE]

I wish we could do that. I nominate ATJ for that honor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Understandable but sorry to see you go, dreighver.  Have enjoyed your posts, wish you would stick around once the season starts in a few days.

I have seen those place you mention and they are much larger forums, which I don't like.  They have their share of knuckleheads there too.  

Anyways, hope you stop in from time to time and share your thoughts!

Cheers! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I think its pretty clear that the mental case Brady basher will never change. I tried.

Consider Bungalow-Bill retired. To those of you who expose him every day, keep up the good fight.

GFY rusty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

It's been fun, fellas!

See you over there.  

And his allegiance to the stalkers who stalk me are the ones who really ruin this board. It's the truth.

I am one person.  Butschise uses multiple board names, his allies use just the one but their miserable tone and trollish, veiled commentary is ruined it for all.

Throw in the mods too obtuse to get it, and the cuckoo birds who aren't genuine for discussion, are the ones who have ruined it alongside Bustchise/Bungalow Bill and his 32 other board names he's created.

Nominate one rational person here to moderate, and this stuff easily goes away.

Like dreighver I'd like to find a discussion board that sticks to football talk. ...and I'd like to find one that doesn't allow this drama, name calling like high school girls. dreighver has given me hope that there is such a place. Looking forward to a fresh start... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I don't blame you.  I was a casual poster the past couple of years and then last year near the end of preseason, I stopped.  I came back a year later to the day and noticed it was the same nonsense going on but wanted to see what people were thinking these days so I haven't left again...yet.  I hope not to. 

Sections
Shortcuts