CJ Spiller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from playam111. Show playam111's posts

CJ Spiller

From what Ive seen in college football CJ Spiller looks to be a running back with skills perfect for the Pats offense. He is a shifty back that catches the ball very well. I see him as our Kevin Faulk of the future, I hope they draft him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: CJ Spiller

Spiller is sick, I hope has a bad workout and combine and falls in the Draft cause the Pats will be nowhere his Draft position,  then again possibly a loaded draft with the speculation of a rookie cap might make some guys fall, oh yeah how many picks do the pats have in the 2nd again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

I have been saying this all along!  He is the next coming of Kevin Faulk!  Living 30 minutes away from Clemson U, I get to see him play every week.  There have been several games where he has had 300+ yds.  He can run, catch, run back kicks and punts.  He has also got that pull away speed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dexter McCluster would be a better option. He won't be so highly rated, but would be perfect as a 3rd down back extraodinaire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

How do you feel about Legarrette Blount or Johnathan Dwyer, ZB ? Dwyer could be a mid to low second. I think Blount could be junior, however, that would not preclude him from entering the draft. I still believe OLB and O Line could be addressed (forgeting Bill's OLB history prior to Mackenzie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

In Response to Re: CJ Spiller:
    [QUOTE]How do you feel about Legarrette Blount or Johnathan Dwyer, ZB ? Dwyer could be a mid to low second. I think Blount could be junior, however, that would not preclude him from entering the draft. I still believe OLB and O Line could be addressed (forgeting Bill's OLB history prior to Mackenzie.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Spiller will be gone by the time Pats turn comes up in first round. With those first four picks we have there are really six positions that need attention - DE, OLB, RB. TE, OG and WR. Obviously the hope is to address at least two and maybe even three with free agent signings. But as far as RB is concerned, I was dreaming of getting both Toby Geyhart and Dexter Mc in the second round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to CJ Spiller:
    [QUOTE]From what Ive seen in college football CJ Spiller looks to be a running back with skills perfect for the Pats offense. He is a shifty back that catches the ball very well. I see him as our Kevin Faulk of the future, I hope they draft him
    Posted by playam111[/QUOTE]

If they are drafting an RB, I want them to draft an every down back, not a 3rd down back. On top of rusing and catching, tha tback needs to be able to block well occasionally. Does Spiller still fit (I don't see him)?

ZBell, for this reason I don't like McCluster. He'd be run over by the pass rush (unless he chops illegally).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CJ Spiller : If they are drafting an RB, I want them to draft an every down back, not a 3rd down back. On top of rusing and catching, tha tback needs to be able to block well occasionally. Does Spiller still fit (I don't see him)? ZBell, for this reason I don't like McCluster. He'd be run over by the pass rush (unless he chops illegally).
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Seattlepat...I can agree with you wanting an everydown back, but, let me ask you this. Isn't the league becoming more of a RB by committee style of play. Even Peterson shares carries with Taylor. In my opinion, I believe that Spiller will be the best RB in the draft this year, hands down. Look at what Chris Johnson does for the Titans and I'm pretty sure he is not a big blocker. He makes up for it in other areas of his game. He is a burner and so is Spiller. However, I do think that Spiller will be gone by the time that the Pats pick unless they were to trade up for him. Who knows what Bill will do right....Guess we will have to wait and see. Should be an exciting draft this year!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

I don't see Spiller available for us either and if we did trade up it would probably be for a playmaker on defense. McClain from Alabama is worth the trade up IMO. Spiller is worth it too but not as much as a LB/DL.  We need a playmaker in the front 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CJ Spiller : If they are drafting an RB, I want them to draft an every down back, not a 3rd down back. On top of rusing and catching, tha tback needs to be able to block well occasionally. Does Spiller still fit (I don't see him)? ZBell, for this reason I don't like McCluster. He'd be run over by the pass rush (unless he chops illegally).
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

He can chip in to be sure.

But to be clear. I don't expect NE to get a realistic shot at Spiller. And Spiller is in a different class than McCluster because he is almost as fast, but larger.

When I see McCluster, I think about how NE was thinking about taking Harvin last season. He can be a weapon on different fronts.

And he is cheap.

Dwyer is another good option, although he is different than the others.

Charles Scott could be had cheap too, and is a FB/TB tweener.

But NE won't be getting shots at Spiller. I would love it if they did, but they won't. So when threads like this start, I like to propose sensible alternatives.

Suh, Cody, Spiller, barring any injuries, terrible combines, or criminal incidents aren't even in their range.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CJ Spiller : He can chip in to be sure. But to be clear. I don't expect NE to get a realistic shot at Spiller. And Spiller is in a different class than McCluster because he is almost as fast, but larger. When I see McCluster, I think about how NE was thinking about taking Harvin last season. He can be a weapon on different fronts. And he is cheap. Dwyer is another good option, although he is different than the others. Charles Scott could be had cheap too, and is a FB/TB tweener. But NE won't be getting shots at Spiller. I would love it if they did, but they won't. So when threads like this start, I like to propose sensible alternatives. Suh, Cody, Spiller, barring any injuries, terrible combines, or criminal incidents aren't even in their range.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I think that you are right on the money as far as the Pats not getting Spiller. However, I do think that if they wan't him enough, they will have a shot with the picks they have to get him. It is definately doubtful as you say though Z. Bill usually never trades up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Dwyer is a MAN on the field! Saw him a few weeks ago when I traveled to Atlanta to watch my Deacons blow it in overtime, but this kid is GOOD! He can obsolutely kill defenders and is really fast. Haven't seen a man that big move that fast since Aaron Curry was gunning on punt coverage here! This guy is a talent and if the Pats landed him in the draft I would be extatic! Spiller will indeed be gone in the teens, if not before. But take a look at both of Auburn's running backs. Ben Tate and Mario Fannin. Both back can really play. Both have great size, can catch the rock, and are very versitile. I'd like to see either one in New England next year taking carries and sneaking out of the backfield. Let's not forget about Jahvid Best either. This kid reminds me a lot of Darren Sproles and he's going to be entering the draft after a major concussion which could POTENTIALLY hurt is draft stock. And let's not forget Noel Devine. He may enter after this year and he is absolutely breathe taking to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts