CJones-OUCH!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: CJones-OUCH!

Wow... is he great at run D, no.  Is he the best inside rusher I have seen on the Pats in like 5 years, IMO yes.  Put him next to Soap and have Spikes behind Jones... moving on.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Wow... is he great at run D, no.  Is he the best inside rusher I have seen on the Pats in like 5 years, IMO yes.  Put him next to Soap and have Spikes behind Jones... moving on.  

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I really don't know what to think of him yet, but you can't discount his sacks, weather it be from broken plays, coverage or hustle...they are still sacks. Honestly I think Vellano and Jones both move very well...I can't remember which one did it, but one of them really really impressed me with his speed on a sack on Matt Ryan. Whoever that was moved like a linebacker at 300 pounds....I want to say it was Vellano.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

in bend but dont break defense, which this is, rule #1 is stop the run. Get the opposing team iunto 2nd and long and 3rd and long...make them put the ball in the air for turnovers...yes, passes will also be completed, but percentages of turn overs increase. bend, but dont break.

Or just sack the shyt of the QB and speed up his clock to pass faster than normal.  Then with the press coverage the Pats now employ they can make the QB uncomfortable and fail to create any kind of rhythm offensively, and force the QB into making bad throws which can lead to turnovers as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

PFF said Talib was one of the worst corners in the NFL last season after coming over.

PFF thinks Spikes is a better LB than Mayo.

I take all PFF ratings with a HUGE grain of salt (even the ones that are favorable to the Pats).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

You can't lose your two best run defenders (Wilfork and Mayo arguably) and expect the team to not miss a beat against the run. Obviously having Wilfork improves the interior pass rush/ pocket collapses. Without your best cover corner it is also difficult to get the occasional coverage sack. Hopefully some players get healthy (Talib) during the bye.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For me KC could be done if someone like Denver or the Pats puts up a a two TD lead. Smith minimizes his mistakes but he will not win a QB dual with an elite QB who has a healthy receiving corps. The real issue is;  Is KC defense elite enough to stop the best QBs in the league come playoff time?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's not like we don't watch the games. Chris Jones was a 6th round draft choice released by two teams before coming to New England. No one is expecting rookie of the year from him. He has played pretty darned well, all things considered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

For the love of... I saw the title and thought Chandler got injured somehow.  DON'T DO THAT TO ME!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

PFF said Talib was one of the worst corners in the NFL last season after coming over.

I take all PFF ratings with a HUGE grain of salt (even the ones that are favorable to the Pats).

^ absolute truth PCMIV.  

I would also note that he was never meant to be out there without a big body.  He is meant to play next to a Wilfork or Kelly not instead of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Considering not one single person who follows the Patriots ever heard of this guy three months ago (other than the draftniks) and he was cut this year by two teams that have won a collective two games, what they've gotten from him is pretty great. I don't see how you compare him to a starting QB who was the top pick in the draft at one time and who has been in the league for many years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is all called ...  "heat of the moment".  Stuff like what PFF is doing is accomplishing what it wants, create interest and discussion.  Media...  smh!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I agree you have to but there is a bit of truth in their statement. Jones is either getting a sack or he disappears and is a big liability in the run game. He's best used as a sub rusher imo where he can shine and I think he could be a 7-12 sack guy a year in that role but he is brutal to watch at times as a starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I have a super mega highly complex and accurate system for rating all the football statistics websites and this year PFF is at a -4.71

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Poor Rusty must be on a "don't harm yourself watch" seeing his fantasy lover Smith on this list. LMAO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

For the love of... I saw the title and thought Chandler got injured somehow.  DON'T DO THAT TO ME!

Same knee jerk I had

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

It's not like we don't watch the games. Chris Jones was a 6th round draft choice released by two teams before coming to New England. No one is expecting rookie of the year from him. He has played pretty darned well, all things considered.

+1  PFF ratings about a rookie?  He was thrust into this role.  One can't be "disappointed" in the kid.  The D line became a triage unit.  Sopagua will help with the run, even if it's a net -.3 RPG.  I'll take good inside pass rushers in Vince's absence.  Jones can do it.  End of story. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm inclined to agree with Muzz, digger and Sobchack - I mean we're talking about a twice released rookie 6th rounder here.  They were apparently expecting Reggie White.  I don't know much about PFF but if this is an example of what they produce I'm not particularly impressed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think this article was posted in direct response to the Chris Jones appreciation thread that lasted for days. You cant have it both ways. I actually like the kid but I had to point out a slight when Rusty said he was more productive than Richardson. I had to put it into context.

Thats the problem here most the time. Fans fall in love with players and overrate them and start saying crazy chit. The fact is he is a good pass rusher from the DT position but ideally you want your DT to able to stop the run 1st and he gets pushed around in the run game which has led to our 31st ranked run D and will likely have a negative affect in playoffs where teams will run until you can stop it. It is what it is. Not knocking the  player but he is limited. He has been very good for us in the pass game IMO, all things considered

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts