Clark: "Colts Have Best Receiving Corp in NFL"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Clark: "Colts Have Best Receiving Corp in NFL"

In Response to Clark: "Colts Have Best Receiving Corp in NFL":
    [QUOTE]     For the Peyton apologist who whines that Tom Brady has a better corp of receivers than ol' Horseface...Dallas Clark disagrees: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100804/SPORTS03/8040326/1100/Colts-crowded-at-receiver
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Sure he does and he is correct. The Colts built the team in an offensive minded fashion, that is around Peyton Manning. If Manning was as good as he is made out to be the Colts could have used some of their multiple 1st rd offensive picks on the defensive side of the ball.

The Patriots built a team to last in all phases of the game. As in they didn't draft 6 1st round offensive weapons for Brady's career like the Colts did for Manning.

This is why the Patriot organization will out last the Colts in the post Brady/Manning era.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Now all they need is a real QB.  Someone who can manage a game and not lose it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's right. 

Wayne is always good, and Collie was second in nearly every NCAA WR stat in his final year of play--Only Michael Crabtree had better stats. Topple with the fact that Pierre Gracon is Marvin Harrison minus the great hands and Peyton has a great WR corps, if not the best. 

Wayne and Clark usually draw double coverage which makes Garcon and Collie's job all the more easier. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

In Response to Re: Clark: "Colts Have Best Receiving Corp in NFL":
    [QUOTE]He's right.  Wayne is always good, and Collie was second in nearly every NCAA WR stat in his final year of play--Only Michael Crabtree had better stats. Topple with the fact that Pierre Gracon is Marvin Harrison minus the great hands and Peyton has a great WR corps, if not the best.  Wayne and Clark usually draw double coverage which makes Garcon and Collie's job all the more easier. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

And don't forget that Anthony Gonzalez is healthy after missing 99.99% of last season.  If the Colts don't have the best receiving corps, they certainly have the deepest.  They're probably working on a play where Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, and Gonzalez can all be on the field at the same time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

So even before the season starts the strategy has already been written:

If Indy and Manning win it all, TexasPat and his pals will whine -- oh he only wins cause he has the best recieiving corps.

If they lose, they can then whine --- Ha he cant even win with the best recieving corps. 

For Pats fans you guys sure do spend ALOT, and I do mean ALOT, of time on what INDY does and says.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

indy is gonna need it...they lost the superbowl hahahahahaha...why they were there only polian knows... but no modern team recovers from that the following year.hahahahahahahaha

gomer....gomer pyle....i mean gomer manning

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]I would agree that Indy is deep and very good in this area, no doubt.  Garcon and Collie have emerged. Time to go back to physically abusing the Colts WRs at the line.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Can't do that anymore Russ!  "Point of emphasis, you know"? Doggiedodo, na'polian and gomer would take the matter to goody two shoes goodel for a ruling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

agree with you Russ...lets knock these guys all over the place and not let them release off the line. Seems to me we can do it with some of our LB's, and the physical play of Bodden and McCourty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They do. Both teams have a pair of "stars." But Indy has much better depth.

NE's 3rd, 4th and 5th options will need to prove they are as reliable and dynamic as Collie, Garcon and Gonzalez.

Potentially they could be, with the addition of Hernandez, Gronk, Holt, and the maturization of Tate. 

But anyone arguing the Colts aren't better than NE is crazy. I think the only team with as complete a group last season were the Saints. 

Now a top to bottom comparison of the 2009 Saint and 2009 Colts would be much more fair. And I think some people in NOLA would challenge Dallas Clark on his assertion. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

They have problems with the O Line, though.  Just ask Polian.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Where did Collie and Garcon come from?  How did Indy get them if they are so good?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]So even before the season starts the strategy has already been written: If Indy and Manning win it all, TexasPat and his pals will whine -- oh he only wins cause he has the best recieiving corps. If they lose, they can then whine --- Ha he cant even win with the best recieving corps.  For Pats fans you guys sure do spend ALOT, and I do mean ALOT, of time on what INDY does and says.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]
    agreed and i must admit...i dont really understand why either...the pats have enjoyed more success than the colts have...

i dont know, i could be wrong but im guessing colts fans dont gush over everything the pats do and dont do...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't see anything at all unusual about a knowledgeable fan base concerning itself with the progress of its chief rivals.

As division opponents, Miami and Green New Jersey are a more immediate concern, but the fact of the matter is that to win the conference, you're going to have to beat the Colts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

and que crusty conspiracy time

i dont see what their market size has to do with anything here

and i dont believe they chased the pats down in 06, nor last year...its the pats chasing them this year, just like the rest of the AFC

oh golly, they brought a tape to the league office...is that worse than having the league destroy tapes on your behalf?

and so you mean to tell that businesses seek out attention to sell their product? who the heck would have ever thought of that?

and are you implying that the pats are the beacon franchise of the NFL?

pats fans get clean games...there is no league conspiracy against the people of new england and to think so...is ignorant and childish...nail meet head

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

What color is the sky in your world, Russ?  I'd say that the Colts ran over NE a couple of years ago, and the Pats haven't been central in their mindset since.  If anything, the team seems to be trying to retool the D to handle the smash-mouth running teams like Jax and Tenn (while also being able to handlethe balanced/passing teams like NO and SD). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

all fact of which none of it that you can prove

i bet in your realm, the earth is flat

oh...and i went to framingham state college...not exactly an online college...irregardless, whats the difference when you are making stuff up constantly anyways?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Haven't played our first pre-season game yet.... but already the trolls are coming out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]So even before the season starts the strategy has already been written: If Indy and Manning win it all, TexasPat and his pals will whine -- oh he only wins cause he has the best recieiving corps. If they lose, they can then whine --- Ha he cant even win with the best recieving corps.  For Pats fans you guys sure do spend ALOT, and I do mean ALOT, of time on what INDY does and says.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]
    I don't know if TP has any pals, but your words certainly ring true where he is concerned.  Its his MO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

so you are the same as polian except dont have a ring, nor millions of dollars to fall back on...and who is the loser?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]You are wrong, as usual. Maybe it's because the Colts are a small market team, have far fewer fans and have watched their team accomplish far, far less as compared to NE? To answer the questions about spending time talking about Indy, let me be very clear: Indy is far more obsessed with NE.  They have been trying to chase down the Pats for 10 years.  They have brought in tape to the league office to lobby the league featuring games showing their own team to make a case, they constantly seek out attention, and they are constantly trying to imply  they are the beacon franchise in the NFL. But, you know what? NE did it more, better and BEFORE Indy did.  We've been down this road many times on these threads, but all Pats fans ask for is a clean game called. That's it.
    I am a little concerned about the unsubstantiated, unprovable attacks and whining in the above post.  I certainly hope most New England fans don't harbor these same feelings.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clark: "Colts Have Best Receiving Corp in NFL" : I am a little concerned about the unsubstantiated, unprovable attacks and whining in the above post.  I certainly hope most New England fans don't harbor these same feelings.  
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

I would say that in no way does this forum represent the average Patriots fan.
    I know plenty of Patriots fans and I can't remember the last time I've heard any of them mention the Colts other than that they hate Manning.

Also, The topic of spygate hasn't come up in at least 2 years between me and any of my friends. The people here are hard core and there are a lot of instigators that like to push the buttons. Most Pats fans just want to watch the games and enjoy. They don't care about the minutia that's debated ad nauseam in this forum.

I would imagine it's about the same with Colts fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Boy, Russ.  For someone who likes to belittle others' critical reasoning ability, you sure don't like to use any yourself: 

"So, yeah, using a position of power to tailor league rules to what you want to see is sort of questionable.   Absoltutely.  How can anyone claim it isn't?" 

Isn't that exactly what the Competition Committee is tasked to do?  They discuss their agenda with many sources, and the Chairman is not at liberty to do whatever he wants.  If all of Polian's actions in that position are to increase his team's chances of winning (as you're certain they are), how in the world woud he get other necessary members of the committee (whose team would be almost by definition less competitive) to go along with the changes?  I don't personally agree with it, but a lot of changes were made to improve offensive output to make the game more exciting for the fans. 

"Maybe if he used a whole boatload of sources (other teams and other games for years and years to show a large pool of data/sources), then it might not be so obvious."

You're not making any sense here.  How do you know what souces the committee used to recommend rule changes?  It is highly likely that the playoff game between the Pats and Colts affected things, it's true.  After all, BB noticed that PI penalties were rarely called in playoff games and embarked on the strategy of brutalizing the Colt receivers and knock the offense off its game.  It was a brilliant move, and I'm sure you all thought so at the time.  Still, there's no denying that there were many instances of PI in that game that were not called.  So, apparently this strategy of breaking the rules, but getting away with it, is less questionable to you than playing a role in a league committee.  Truly dizzying logic.

"A lot more questionable than Goodell taking a team's game film, protecting other teams from being forced a punishment due to NE's violation of a rule."

Don't even follow you here.  I guess you're bitter that your team got caught cheating, and somehow you've decided that NE is an agrieved party in the scandal.  The Israeli military strategy: always attack!  I love that last line - how dare the NFL punish the team just because they broke a rule?!  Classic! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]You'll be disappointed because there isn't a Pats fan I know who isn't well aware of what Polian has been up to the last 10 years on the Comp. Committee. That self righteous junk he, Irsay and Dungy run through is enough to make any fan of any team yak.

Most Pats fans are aware of it..Not Obsessed. If they sit around complaining about it everyday then they're not average fans.
    That's when they cross the line into hard core. I work in 2 office buildings downtown and talk football with dozens of people everday during football season because they're all fans. I can't even talk about this stuff or they'll look at me like I'm skkrewed up. You guys must have some interesting football parties.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Dude knows what he's talking about...If Wes was 100% maybe not, but Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez, Austin Collie...

That's pretty sick...

Sections
Shortcuts