Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts

The Patriots haven't scored a signature win against an elite opponent since 2007. They must show that they can beat top competition on the road, if they are to be considered a serious SB threat. To a man, they know this.  

Should the Pats lose, they'll drop to 6-3, would likely lose any chance they have of earning a playoff bye, and will still have a scrap on the hands to win the AFC East. Meanwhile, if the Colts were to fall, they would still be 8-1, and hold a 3.5 game lead in their division. In addition, they would still hold a one game lead on the Patriots, though the Pats would own the tie-breaker.

For those of you who were "thanking" the Pittsburgh Steelers for beating Denver, think again. The Steelers appear to be the best team in the AFC, and a legitimate threat to win back-to-back SBs. They handled the Broncos in Denver with relative ease.

Furthermore, history appears to be repeating itself...as the 5-3 Chargers are coming on, while the 6-2 Broncos appear to be fading fast.

Thoughts?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts

In Response to Re: Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts:
    In Response to Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts : The Patriots are going to be in serious trouble after Sunday.  You Pats fans think because the Colts haven't won by 48 points a game they are a weak 8-0 team.  I hope the Pats feel the same way.  The Colts can drop 45 points on you if they need to.  Can the Pats? LOL
    Posted by TOGAH-2009

Isn't it time to fetch your mom from the alley where she performs services for lonely men?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

In Response to Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts : The Patriots are going to be in serious trouble after Sunday.  You Pats fans think because the Colts haven't won by 48 points a game they are a weak 8-0 team.  I hope the Pats feel the same way.  The Colts can drop 45 points on you if they need to.  Can the Pats? LOL
    Posted by TOGAH-2009

Classic. Check out the look on BB face. It looks like he has just lost his best friend. Think that he wants to rip Dungy's arm off right there? What a great win for Colt fans. Everytime Togah. Everytime. I see that you have come back in to our message board. What an honor. 45 points? Nice. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts:
         The Patriots haven't scored a signature win against an elite opponent since 2007. They must show that they can beat top competition on the road, if they are to be considered a serious SB threat. To a man, they know this.        Should the Pats lose, they'll drop to 6-3, would likely lose any chance they have of earning a playoff bye, and will still have a scrap on the hands to win the AFC East. Meanwhile, if the Colts were to fall, they would still be 8-1, and hold a 3.5 game lead in their division. In addition, they would still hold a one game lead on the Patriots, though the Pats would own the tie-breaker.      For those of you who were "thanking" the Pittsburgh Steelers for beating Denver, think again. The Steelers appear to be the best team in the AFC, and a legitimate threat to win back-to-back SBs. They handled the Broncos in Denver with relative ease.      Furthermore, history appears to be repeating itself...as the 5-3 Chargers are coming on, while the 6-2 Broncos appear to be fading fast.      Thoughts?  
    Posted by TexasPat3

No doubt about it. If we can't beat Indy this weekend then there is a good possibility we will be playing there again in the playoffs. We stand a much better chance with the home field in the cold and or snow. In all reality we can't afford to lose more than one more game the rest of the way and that one better be to an out of conference opponent. If we want Home field advantage that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts:
         The Patriots haven't scored a signature win against an elite opponent since 2007. They must show that they can beat top competition on the road, if they are to be considered a serious SB threat. To a man, they know this.        Should the Pats lose, they'll drop to 6-3, would likely lose any chance they have of earning a playoff bye, and will still have a scrap on the hands to win the AFC East. Meanwhile, if the Colts were to fall, they would still be 8-1, and hold a 3.5 game lead in their division. In addition, they would still hold a one game lead on the Patriots, though the Pats would own the tie-breaker.      For those of you who were "thanking" the Pittsburgh Steelers for beating Denver, think again. The Steelers appear to be the best team in the AFC, and a legitimate threat to win back-to-back SBs. They handled the Broncos in Denver with relative ease.      Furthermore, history appears to be repeating itself...as the 5-3 Chargers are coming on, while the 6-2 Broncos appear to be fading fast.      Thoughts?  
    Posted by TexasPat3

i don't know about the "signature win" part. the falcons and ravens both were suppposed to have been "elite" teams when we beat them this year and last year we beat up on the broncos, colts and cardinals.

But I agree with the rest of your analysis.  I think we take the AFC east no problem but we need this win to have any chance at a home playoff game with the colts or anyone else for that matter.

I see the stealers and colts as the only real competition. the broncos are fading fast and we can always depend on the chargers to self-destruct in the second half.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Tex,  seeing how the Steelers handled the Broncos and the Colts already at least two games up on the Pats, a win here further keeps them in control of their destiny come playoff time.  A loss, even if they make the playoffs as the division winner may mean a road game in either the conference round or the AFCCG.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Tex,  seeing how the Steelers handled the Broncos and the Colts already at least two games up on the Pats, a win here further keeps them in control of their destiny come playoff time.  A loss, even if they make the playoffs as the division winner may mean a road game in either the conference round or the AFCCG.
    Posted by agcsbill

The Steelers don't play the Colts this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by agcsbill

agc:

Earning a first round bye is critical for our team. It can be done. But, the Pats lost their margin for error when they dropped that OT game in Denver. These aren't the 2003-04 confident, battle hardened Patriots. Whether they earn a bye or not, they must beat Indy to prove to themselves that they're capable of beating an elite team on the road. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts : i don't know about the "signature win" part. the falcons and ravens both were suppposed to have been "elite" teams when we beat them this year and last year we beat up on the broncos, colts and cardinals. But I agree with the rest of your analysis.  I think we take the AFC east no problem but we need this win to have any chance at a home playoff game with the colts or anyone else for that matter. I see the stealers and colts as the only real competition. the broncos are fading fast and we can always depend on the chargers to self-destruct in the second half.
    Posted by unclealfie

Alf - do you just throw sh*t against the wall to see if it will stick?

1.  You can't define a team as elite 3 weeks into the season.  Its too early.  Both the Falcons and Ravens have real flaws.  They are good, but elite? No. 
    2.  Last year's broncos were 8-8.  Arizona had clinched their division by the time they played the pats.  AND
    3.  The pats did not beat the colts last year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Clash in Indy Far More Important to Pats Than Colts : The Steelers don't play the Colts this season.
    Posted by zbellino

I think he meant that the colts were 2 games up on the pats (reiterating what TP had said) not that the steelers had beaten the colts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Yup, if the Patriots lose, not only would I be worried about their real chances against one of the AFC's other top contenders, but they would be almost virtually mathematically eliminated from the top three seeds in the playoffs (behind Indy, Denver, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati).

I think this is a statement game on the Pats' season.  Win and they're top dogs in the AFC.  Lose and they'll be disregarded as not quite good enough to win the conference.

Almost all hands should be on deck (Reiss reported that he thought Edelman would be back for this game, Morris is walking without a limp, Koppen is walking without a limp, and Vollmer seems to have filled in admirably for Light and probably couldn't do much worse against Freeney than Light anyway).

Rule #76: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion

Sections
Shortcuts