Classic BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: Classic BB

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Not answering inane questions or questions for which are simply asked to elicit a "oh my God" type oif answer is unprofessional?

Ok, so he doesn't smile much, laugh with the media or provide long winded answers.  He simply provides point of fact answers with no fluff.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to that specific question but there's plenty of examples of it. For instance, when he grabbed a cameraman and pushed him out of the way as he was going to shake hands after a game. Unnecessary.

You don't think its a little unprofessional to just not show up at events scheduled for NFL head coaches such as the breakfast a couple years ago or the recent photo?

Just curious, what would your boss say if he asked why you didn't show up at the dinner with your clients and you said I had better things to do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've seen more than one press conference where BB was quite informative, not particularly revealing of anything he generally holds close, but quite informative. Sure, here are a number of times when you want to have someone check to see if he has a pulse.  That's the way he is.  There are some questions he'll answer; others he won't.  He's required to hold press conferences at certain times for certain reasons.  He was required to meet with the press and he did. 

He's never going to be entertaining like Parcells.  I really don't care.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I love BB's style! Why does he need to kiss the a*s of the media and cater to fans cravings for information and insight? BB is not the problem; rather it is the incessant demand for news by media junkies (like ourselves)!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Completely agree. Coach, and screw the rest of it.In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If BB wasnt the patriots head coach, id hate his smug assse.

Man gets paid for coaching football, who really cares about his personality on screen?

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRUSTYTHECLOWN. Show CRUSTYTHECLOWN's posts

lets face it...the guys a clown...(hehe)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You all think Lombardi was any different?  He's paid to coach, not be a social butterfly in front of the cameras to make the press happy. Some folks are just that way and I am certain some of you know of one or two.

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi was from a different era. Coaches nowadays have to talk to the media. Its a large part of their job.

In a lot of jobs you are paid to do a specific task and not worry about pleasing people but that doesn't give you the freedom to go around treating your coworkers like dirt. Its unprofessional in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Coaches now a days do not have to talk to the media or pander to fans as long as there wining games keeps them above this crap. BB wins more than any coach in the league and can therefore be Lombardi esque if he so chooses, it will not get him fired but I would not recommend this to other coaches if they envision a losing season up ahead as it only stretches there necks out farther. Personally I can see why BB doesn't want to waste his breathe answering a question about retirement for what is likely the 300th ( asked not answered )time so Curran has something to write about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You all think Lombardi was any different?  He's paid to coach, not be a social butterfly in front of the cameras to make the press happy. Some folks are just that way and I am certain some of you know of one or two.

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi was from a different era. Coaches nowadays have to talk to the media. Its a large part of their job.

In a lot of jobs you are paid to do a specific task and not worry about pleasing people but that doesn't give you the freedom to go around treating your coworkers like dirt. Its unprofessional in my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

Also, other teams coaches or media or fans are not co workers, they are the enemy or a distraction, BB has a job to get 53 guys a W each time they go onto the field, just his 53, no one else matters and that's why he is successfully. You keep you goals simple and in front of you.

Sections
Shortcuts