Clay Matthews Is Overrated.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Clay Matthews Is Overrated.......

Hate to state the obvious, but Ware is much much better than Mathews. I see Mathews as Suggs-lite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amun. Show amun's posts

Question...Do you think Mayo have Mathews like sack total?

Seems like BB is trying to let him seek-n-destroy this year. I think he ends up around 80-90 tackles and 10+ sacks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Clay Matthews Is Overrated.......:
    Hate to state the obvious, but Ware is much much better than Mathews. I see Mathews as Suggs-lite.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Like them both, but you're right Ware is probably the most complete defensive player in football...I thought Parcells didn't know how to draft? Throw in the time he drafted John Abraham, and you start to wonder if there is a guy that can recognize a pass rusher better than him (Cameron Wake, LT, Ellis, McGinnest).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Question...Do you think Mayo have Mathews like sack total? Seems like BB is trying to let him seek-n-destroy this year. I think he ends up around 80-90 tackles and 10+ sacks.
    Posted by amun

I'd have to say no; he just doesn't have the traits of a great pass rusher - long arms- height - ability to bend around a corner. Will he get some blitz type sacks? Yeah, he's very explosive and fast; I just haven't seen this guy display any pass rush moves. Even Spikes was considered the more instinctive blitzer coming out of training camp last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Clay Matthews is very good, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL right now.

Carlos Dunlap is OK.  I think some of you are overvaluing him.  He didn't get more sacks than Suh, but he should have.  For one, you cannot compare an interior linemans sacks to a DE.  Suh's 10 sacks are more than Seymore, or Haynesworth ever got.  9.5 sacks for a DE is fairly pedestrian.  The only interior lineman in the top 20 sack leaders last year was Suh.  Dunlap was tied was 21st, not bad but not that impressive especially considering he did little more.  For comparison.
    Dunlap-          19 tackles, 9.5 sacks,   0 FF, 0 INT
    TBC 09-          35 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 2 FF, 0 INT
    Matthews-      54 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT
    Cunningham-  34 tackles, 1 sack,       2 FF, 0 INT

So yeah, Dunlap is a little beter than Cunningham, but not nearly as good as TBC so I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility of grabbing one Jag over another.  Which is what they are one year int their careers right now.  Clay Matthews is a far better player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The constant discussion of Mathews is overrated. It is only brought up by trolls with an axe to grind trying to say BB is no good at drafting. And yes Mathews himself is also overrated since he his a totally one dimensional player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Clay Matthews is very good, one of the best pass rushers in the NFL right now. Carlos Dunlap is OK.  I think some of you are overvaluing him.  He didn't get more sacks than Suh, but he should have.  For one, you cannot compare an interior linemans sacks to a DE.  Suh's 10 sacks are more than Seymore, or Haynesworth ever got.  9.5 sacks for a DE is fairly pedestrian.  The only interior lineman in the top 20 sack leaders last year was Suh.  Dunlap was tied was 21st, not bad but not that impressive especially considering he did little more.  For comparison. Dunlap-          19 tackles, 9.5 sacks,   0 FF, 0 INT TBC 09-          35 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 2 FF, 0 INT Matthews-      54 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT Cunningham-  34 tackles, 1 sack,       2 FF, 0 INT So yeah, Dunlap is a little beter than Cunningham, but not nearly as good as TBC so I wouldn't get too excited about the possibility of grabbing one Jag over another.  Which is what they are one year int their careers right now.  Clay Matthews is a far better player.
    Posted by shenanigan

There's nothing "pedestrian" about 10 sacks. Half the league had no player with more than that.

Just more smoke to mask that Cunningham was clearly the inferior pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The constant discussion of Mathews is overrated. It is only brought up by trolls with an axe to grind trying to say BB is no good at drafting. And yes Mathews himself is also overrated since he his a totally one dimensional player.
    Posted by rtuinila

Got it a little bass ackwards don't ya? The ones who say Matthews is overrated are the kool-aide drinkers that want to shelter BB from the accusation he is a bad drafter.

This mindless chant that anybody who criticizes BB in any way is a troll is tired and stupid.

How about this; show us some authoritative info that Matthews is one dimensional. Otherwise a person of intelligence will have to conclude your spin is pure kool-aide BS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing my a-$ off at the absurdity that people think this guy is overrated just because Belichick didn't draft him. If Bill had drafted him there is 8 to 10 people on this site (that suck down koolaid daily) that would put this guy in Canton right now. They'd retire his number right now! In fact the poor guy would have to change his number after every game, because it would be raised to the heavens after...by the end of the season he'd be number 452.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing my a-$ off at the absurdity that people think this guy is overrated just because Belichick didn't draft him. If Bill had drafted him there is 8 to 10 people on this site (that suck down koolaid daily) that would put this guy in Canton right now. They'd retire his number right now! In fact the poor guy would have to change his number after every game, because it would be raised to the heavens after...by the end of the season he'd be number 452.
    Posted by mthurl

It is hysterical. And of course Hoodie would be all the more a genius on steroids if he drafted him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't want a do-over.  The Patriots got the rookie of the year at #27, and then they got Gronkowski. 

The Patriots don't play the Packers this year unless both teams win their conference championships.  That's uncommon even for two leaders.

Sections
Shortcuts