Clay Matthews should be suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Clay Matthews should be suspended

For the nonsense that went on between Kaepernick and him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Clay Matthews should be suspended

It was a cheap shot.  A shot out of frustration.  Probably should be fined, not suspended, imo.  Pretty funny, Mathews was messing with the wrong guy.  Kaep would have owned him.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It actually wasn't a bad hit. If you notice Matthews was already airborn before Kaepernick went out of bounds. Considering how close he was to a first down if Kaepernick danced the line he might have gotten the first.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It actually wasn't a bad hit. If you notice Matthews was already airborn before Kaepernick went out of bounds. Considering how close he was to a first down if Kaepernick danced the line he might have gotten the first.

Can easily be excused away for your exact reasons. Funny, we tend to overreact to plays like that when just 10-years ago, it was the norm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No big deal. Slap some puny fine on him and that's the end of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Better look again; he was already out of bounds by a couple of yards, then was clotheslined and body slammed; also was verbally in his face after another hit later in the game. Regardless, perhaps a 1 gamer or a fine would be more appropriate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

I applaud anyone going after a big mouth, arrogant and cocky QB punk with twigs for legs.

Actually, this post says a few things about U.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

Better look again; he was already out of bounds by a couple of yards, then was clotheslined and body slammed; also was verbally in his face after another hit later in the game. Regardless, perhaps a 1 gamer or a fine would be more appropriate.

[/QUOTE]

It's not when he gets hit but when Matthews leaves his feet. Little hard to stop or change direction when you are already in the air. Might want to check when Matthews is in the act of leaping verses where Kaepernick is on the field

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Not it doesn't. That kid has a big mouth.  Even his comments afterwards were arrogant.

He's entitled. You'll see.

LOL, don't get butt hurt.  Like him or not, it was a pretty good comment.  Especially after a cheap shot like that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

That second shows it best TFB because that's the first step Kaepernick took out of bounds. Now it takes less than half a second between the step inbounds and the on out of bounds. Now Matthews is already in the air at the point Kaepernick takes his first step out of bounds so that means that half second before Matthews was already commited to the tackle through the air and the motion can't be stopped at the point. If your gif started a second earlier it would have been clear but that the gif starts right at the first step out of bounds is miss leading in the actual motion of the tackle itself. Not to mention the gif is slower than the actual play which makes it seem less of a bang bang play. Boy Matthews has a great leap

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was late, no question.

Not a clothesline.  His arm was high, but it wasn't bad.

As for the smack talk, whatever.  There's nothing wrong with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's not when he gets hit but when Matthews leaves his feet. Little hard to stop or change direction when you are already in the air. Might want to check when Matthews is in the act of leaping verses where Kaepernick is on the field

It looked more flagrant than the dumb TB play that allowed the NYJ to win; commentators also poo-poohed it; this is where I first heard the clothesline word for this play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If your gif started a second earlier it would have been clear but that the gif starts right at the first step out of bounds is miss leading in the actual motion of the tackle itself

I also thought one a few seconds earlier would be good too but that's the best one I could find on the net.  .  Maybe if this thread is still going later tonight or tomorrow I can capture a gif from the telecast and post it here.  Not able to do it now though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Better shot,

Notice how Kaepernick at the last moment makes one large leap to the sideline. His last step inbounds is on the inside of the harsh before more the sideways leap out of bounds. At that point Matthews was already commited to the tackle and couldn't stop it at that point given the momentum and reaction time allowed. By rule it's a late hit but we see these hits all the time and rarely get called if it happens to a RB. Even this isn't a great gif because it's hard to see he was running straight right before leaping out of bounds when he noticed Matthews closing in not to mention this is about half speed too. I can tell you the general attitude with these types of plays is it's not good to leap (like he did) but to run through your opponent. That prevents them from dancing the line but also makes it eaiser for the umps to rule momentum and not a penalty vs in the air it looks worse than it really is

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's near the end zone.  If Matthews pulls up and Kap digs that left leg and turns south, everyone would wonder why Matthews gave up on the play.  Risky play, but also, any time you can get a shot in on the opposing QB, you do.

Sure, it wasn't the best play, but I understand it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He said on Mike and Mike that they were going to hit Kaepemick.  This is clearly a dirty hit that will earn Goldilocks a $60K fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

He said on Mike and Mike that they were going to hit Kaepemick.  This is clearly a dirty hit that will earn Goldie Locks a $60K fine.

Perhaps not, since they're not currently reviewing it; instead, they're reviewing a low Suh hit. Gee, I've heard that name before.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Perhaps not, since they're not currently reviewing it; instead, they're reviewing a low Suh hit. Gee, I've heard that name before.

Interesting.  I guess the whole premeditation thing isn't a big deal.  OK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He said on Mike and Mike that they were going to hit Kaepemick.  This is clearly a dirty hit that will earn Goldilocks a $60K fine.

Honestly, tcal, when is the goal not to hit the qb?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Honestly, tcal, when is the goal not to hit the qb?

Yes .... in bounds, and these days, not high nor low

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I totally understand NAS but that's a sucker punch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Better shot,

Notice how Kaepernick at the last moment makes one large leap to the sideline. His last step inbounds is on the inside of the harsh before more the sideways leap out of bounds. At that point Matthews was already commited to the tackle and couldn't stop it at that point given the momentum and reaction time allowed. By rule it's a late hit but we see these hits all the time and rarely get called if it happens to a RB. Even this isn't a great gif because it's hard to see he was running straight right before leaping out of bounds when he noticed Matthews closing in not to mention this is about half speed too. I can tell you the general attitude with these types of plays is it's not good to leap (like he did) but to run through your opponent. That prevents them from dancing the line but also makes it eaiser for the umps to rule momentum and not a penalty vs in the air it looks worse than it really is

Good find!  Thanks for posting that.  He easily could have made the play by pushing him out of bounds and then pulled up once he noticed he was out of bounds.  He was going for the hit all the way, in or out of bounds, didn't matter.  Clearly Clay was embarrassed from last time they played. He had some payback in mind, lol!  Just my opinion of course.

Sections
Shortcuts