Cleveland 95

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Cleveland 95

I watched a football life edition "Cleveland 95" the other day, I thought it was pretty good. It's very complimentary to BB. It's a pretty good watch for a Pats fan.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Cleveland 95

I agree, it was very good.  Lots of good future NFL coaches and personnell in that group.  Imagine, had the Browns not moved and fired BB, he would have had some great years in Cleveland.  They were on the verge of winning it all.  BB probably wouldn't be coaching the Patriots had the Browns never moved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I agree, it was very good.  Lots of good future NFL coaches and personnell in that group.  Imagine, had the Browns not moved and fired BB, he would have had some great years in Cleveland.  They were on the verge of winning it all.  BB probably wouldn't be coaching the Patriots had the Browns never moved.

they were on the verge of what? not while denver dallas san fran and green bay were playing they weren't...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

its funny, the NFL Network football life series paints BB in a very good light which he should be as he is the best in the business. but his Cleveland days are strange. football life paints BB as this master mind who was creating a coaching dynasty, and turning coaching and decision making in the NFL on its ear. yet public opinion (players complaining, ex owner comments, fans comments) seem to indicate BB was run out out Cleveland, and not fast enough, never to return to coaching if not for his pal Parcells.

Can it be if Parcells did not take BB on his staff, BB would have been out of the NFL?

as i always say rkarp:

no parcells no bellichick

(dont tell rusty!)

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

they put pressure on Mara not to hire BB?  what does Mara have to do with this.  By that time parcels was with the Pats, on his way to the Jets.  what influence could mara have had on not hiring BB as parcells wasn't near him?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

Belichick was scouting games as an 11 year old at Navy.  You're a moron, Gunty.  He was in the NFL LONG BEFORE Parcells, too.

6 years before Parcells.

Without BB, Parcells may not have even 1 ring.  He definitley wouldn't have the 2nd one.

How is this even debatable? Even the anti-BB Pats fans here, the really, really weird ones like Babe, RKarp, Hurl, etc, will admit that BB is clearly superior to that of Parcells.

It took Parcells 5 years to get the Giants into contention. It wasn't until 1985, when Parcells wisely promoted BB to Def Coordinator did they reach the NFC title game.  The next year, the won it all.

BB.

we've been down this road a million times and we know bb invented football in ur eyes so i wont even bother going over the same ground ad nauseum

that said u should be more respectful to the Master who turned ur team from sorry *ss to afc champion...ingrate!

Good thing he brought in BB to over his asz.  Funny how once BB comes in, he helps Parcells's teams immediately become very good.

What would Parcells ever do without BB? Not win, that we know.

kind of like what BB would do without Tom Brady?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts