CLEVELAND rumor: PATS offered MALLET+draft pick for JOSH GORDON, would ya do it?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: CLEVELAND rumor: PATS offered MALLET+draft pick for JOSH GORDON, would ya do it?

Adam Schefter Q n A

Q: Adam, how active do you think the trade market will be this season? Any rumors you’re hearing around the league? Could the Rams deal for a Vikings QB? -- Rusty Griswald (Chappel Hill, N.C.)
    A: Lots of calls, but for now, Reggie, not a lot of activity. There usually isn’t until the 11th hour; this is a deadline league. I do know that at least three teams have contacted the Browns about trading for wide receiver Josh Gordon, and two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. The teams have said the Browns are asking for more and are hesitant to deal Gordon unless they get the price they are seeking, which is more than the pick and the player as it now stands. The Browns have said they’re not interested in trading Gordon, but they are listening. That’s a start. There will be others. And there will be some teams that lose some players this weekend that could wind up pushing at the last moment, right before the deadline. That’s what happened when Oakland traded for Carson Palmer. It lost Jason Campbell the Sunday before the trade deadline, then dealt for Palmer two days later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: CLEVELAND rumor: PATS offered MALLET+draft pick for JOSH GORDON, would ya do it?

Cleveland don't want Mallett....I went on and on how he was headed there in April. The folks here were very polite and let the ole' timer ramble....I eventually had to eat crow..

Gordon is a risk in that he is one strike away from a year suspension...I would be concerened. Cleveland wants more draft picks to be able to go up and get one of the top 2 QBs in the 2014 draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think our first order of priority is along the DL. And I would wait until next year to fill this with the draft or free agency depending where our draft pick is etc.

I am hoping WR improves with return of Amendola and Vereen.

So, I would pass on Gordon 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For Gordon, no thanks. Though I don't think They'd keep Mallett so he'd essentially be a throw in piece I'm not sure the draft pick would be worth it for Gordon unless it was a 4th. However, if it's Phil Taylor then Mallett and a 2nd, heck even a 1st is worth it for me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i wouldn't mind seeing thise actually.. but what would you do at WR? cut one? IR one? 7 is a lot of WRs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Josh Gordon is a stud in the making, he is the reciever who can take the top off the defense like Moss did. We cannot do that currently.

Mallet and a 4th, heck maybe even a third, the way everybody bashes Belichick with his draft pick selections why not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who backs up Brady?

In light of our injuries on D if we were to make a trade one would think an interior D linemen would be number one on the list. I do realize trades are rare and typically the Pats don't partake in such...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

p

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

It seems absurd to me.  With all of the time and effort that has been put into our current receivers, what sense would it make to bring in someone new who has to start at ground zero?  I thought one of the issues, that most here agreed on, was that part of TB's problem this year has been his need to adjust to new receivers.  How, exactly, would this help, in that regard?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who backs up Brady?

In light of our injuries on D if we were to make a trade one would think an interior D linemen would be number one on the list. I do realize trades are rare and typically the Pats don't partake in such...

[/QUOTE]

BB brings back Tebow

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Josh Gordon is a stud in the making, he is the reciever who can take the top off the defense like Moss did. We cannot do that currently.

Mallet and a 4th, heck maybe even a third, the way everybody bashes Belichick with his draft pick selections why not?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he's one more DUI away from a suspension...it's NEVER going to happen, not for this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

For the QBs coming out next years draft, that is what Cleveland has their eyes on! Not mallett...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That's the problem, other then that you do it in a heart beat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the QBs coming out next years draft, that is what Cleveland has their eyes on! Not mallett...

[/QUOTE]

They don't want Mallett anyway I agree. Plus they will have two first rounders next year to package up. like you said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For Gordon, no thanks. Though I don't think They'd keep Mallett so he'd essentially be a throw in piece I'm not sure the draft pick would be worth it for Gordon unless it was a 4th. However, if it's Phil Taylor then Mallett and a 2nd, heck even a 1st is worth it for me

[/QUOTE]

I agree on Taylor, but disagree on Gordon. I see him as a Julio Jones/Dez Bryant level talent. Maybe Demaryius Thomas is a better comparison. Pretty rare either way. Risky, but when has BB been risk averse?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree on Taylor, but disagree on Gordon. I see him as a Julio Jones/Dez Bryant level talent. Maybe Demaryius Thomas is a better comparison. Pretty rare either way. Risky, but when has BB been risk averse?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see your poiint, but his track record has been leveling out in the risk/luck department...the odds are catching up to him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see your poiint, but his track record has been leveling out in the risk/luck department...the odds are catching up to him

[/QUOTE]

Win some, lose some. The payoff is nice when it works out. Remember, Talib was very risky. Seen as a head case, lots of issues in TPA. That was about a year ago...

By the way, I don't believe these rumors. Sounds like someone in CLE just rehashing the same chatter we heard preseason. Gotta kill time when you're in the sports radio biz I guess. Either that or it's more of commie's "sources."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Win some, lose some. The payoff is nice when it works out. Remember, Talib was very risky. Seen as a head case, lots of issues in TPA. That was about a year ago...

By the way, I don't believe these rumors. Sounds like someone in CLE just rehashing the same chatter we heard preseason. Gotta kill time when you're in the sports radio biz I guess. Either that or it's more of commie's "sources."

[/QUOTE]

I agree I don't believe these rumors either, completely not BB's style. Esp after the Hernandez incident I can't see him taken on another problem child like Gordon. Thompkins is one thing (he actually has cut all ties to his past and not a peep since switching schools) but Gordon is a problem child 1 strike away from a year suspension. It's why I don't want Gordon. He's a problem child. At least not unless the price was right

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Isn't Gordon in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse policy? If so the dude is one strike away from being out of the league. NO THANKS if this is so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't Gordon in stage 3 of the NFL substance abuse policy? If so the dude is one strike away from being out of the league. NO THANKS if this is so.

[/QUOTE]

stage 2 right now, next offense is a 1 yr suspension then the full

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

stage 2 right now, next offense is a 1 yr suspension then the full

[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Still would pass not sure this kid gets it besides I think Dobson and Thompkins are progressing and will be fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

we dont have to worry about Gordon and substance abuse. Aaron's PCP and blunt smoking azz is gone so he'll be fine lol

but in reality this guy has TALENT. if the price is right i say we take a shot on him. he will stretch the field and open up all the rookies underneath and take attention off Gronk. its a real interesting thought