Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots

linton Portis has finally emerged from hiding.

It should be no surprise that the Patriots, of all teams, uncovered him.  They are the patron saints of player workouts.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Portis worked out for the Patriots Friday.  New England has hosted a long list of player workouts over the last month.

They signed a few of the players.  Most of the veterans, like T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Darren Sharper, remain free agents.  Portis seems to be in the category of “due diligence.”

Running back is perhaps New England’s deepest position and we can’t imagine they would consider signing Portis unless injuries hit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/clinton-portis-tries-out-for-patriots/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

Re: Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots

Wouldnt be a bad pickup.Get him some action in some preseason games, If he aint worth it......CUT EM ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I wouldn't read to much into this. I think their just having a look see. RB is really stocked right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

redskins fans say he is an excellent blocker in the back field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

No thank you!  In Response to Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots:
    [QUOTE]linton Portis has finally emerged from hiding. It should be no surprise that the Patriots, of all teams, uncovered him.  They are the patron saints of player workouts. Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that Portis worked out for the Patriots Friday .  New England has hosted a long list of player workouts over the last month. They signed a few of the players.  Most of the veterans, like T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Darren Sharper , remain free agents.  Portis seems to be in the category of “due diligence.” Running back is perhaps New England’s deepest position and we can’t imagine they would consider signing Portis unless injuries hit. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/clinton-portis-tries-out-for-patriots/
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

No idea what his recent injury history is over the last two seasons, but this guy has been an outstanding football player that has produced for a long time. You don't get almost 10k yards rushing on some bad teams by accident, when this guy was healthy, there was few as effective as this guy. Is he done? He turns 30 in September, so he probably is as a lead back...he'll make a good backup for someone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots were lucky to get two of his Redskin teammates so why not try for the third guy!!! He's probably an upgrade over Morris and though we all love Kevin he's still rehabbing from off season surgery. The best back in preseason thus far has been Ridley albeit a small sample and BJGE is the lead back followed shortly thereafter by Mighty Mouse Woodhead. Vereen is way behind as is Faulk,though Kevin could probably line-up in the backfield tomorrow and not miss a beat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Really not a fan of this clown....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-Fan-In-Oz. Show Pats-Fan-In-Oz's posts

NoahJustin, Your tagline is one of my favorite quotes, but you're not doing it justice by abbreviating it. It's more resonant and makes more sense in full:

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.  - Yoda

Cheers!

In Response to Re: Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't read to much into this. I think their just having a look see. RB is really stocked right now.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No thanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

I'm absolutely on board with bringing CP in for a workout.  After living down in DC for the past 8 yrs I had some extra looks during Skins games.  He went down in a heap back in '09 with a concussion but was a consistent workhorse in DC rattling up 1500 yds/season for 4 str8 years but he just never got his time in the spotlight being stuck with the 'Skins. 

His biggest gripe with the Skins was the lack of passion on behalf of the team.  He's a blocker and a HARD runner.  Bring him in and let's watch him compete with Sammy Morris.

LOVE IT... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Clinton Portis tries out for Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I'm absolutely on board with bringing CP in for a workout.  After living down in DC for the past 8 yrs I had some extra looks during Skins games.  He went down in a heap back in '09 with a concussion but was a consistent workhorse in DC rattling up 1500 yds/season for 4 str8 years but he just never got his time in the spotlight being stuck with the 'Skins.  His biggest gripe with the Skins was the lack of passion on behalf of the team.  He's a blocker and a HARD runner.  Bring him in and let's watch him compete with Sammy Morris. LOVE IT... 
    Posted by Vacilando[/QUOTE]
    Its funny, people see his crazy press conferences and forget that this guy has been one of the best running backs to play the game in the last ten years.