CNN reporting an arrest has been made

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: CNN reporting an arrest has been made

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

The 19 year old is a citizen, dummy.

But he's got a funny name.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The 19 year old is a citizen, dummy.

But he's got a funny name.

Overall, I am happy the way the FBI, state and local police worked together.

Me too.  And I see no reason not to let the criminal justice system take its course now. There's no reason to toss out the Constitution in this case, any more than there is in the Colorado movie theatre shooting case. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Funny how liberals quote the constitution verbatim whenever they think it suits them...and then claim that it's a "living-breathing" document, subject to whatever ridiculous interpretation they wish to claim, when it doesn't. Don't waste your breath with card carrying liberals like Prolate. 

This murderous piece of trash is an emeny combatant...and as such, should not receive the same rights as an American citizen.   

You mad bro?

Yep! Are you happy about what this piece of garbage and his brother did, bro?

Of course not. But I don't think that's a reason to suspend the Constitution. It will be plenty easy to convict him without doing that, just as the Founders intended.

RESPONSE: AGAIN...for at least the third time...this bum and his brother are enemy combatants...soldiers of war against the U.S.. They are not even U.S. citizens. They should not be entitled to constitutional protections. These bums should be tried before a military tribunal.

The term "enemy combatant" doesn't even appear in the constitution. Yes, I know that that term has been used in recent years as a way to describe a class of persons who alledgedly are not subject to the protections of either the Constitution or the Geneva Conventions. And I know many Americans think it expedient to create such a class of persons with no legal rights.  That's okay. There's a long line of dictators those Americans can turn to for legal precedent should they choose to abandon their founders' vision and instead revert to a society where rule of law is replaced by executive fiat. 

Yeah...you're right, pal. Let's just apologize for killing this guys' brother, and let him go home. Maybe then, he and his other terrorist friend will leave us alone....LOL!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Godvernment is pathetic in the most pathetic of senses. 

He portrays himself as a vigilant activist, but when the best opportunity to exercise his espirit de corps and commitment to the cause, he was off "enjoying life" and playing in a poker tournament. 

Frankly, I love convenient cause personalities like godvernment.  They always expose themselves as nothing more than appreciative Americans who are happy to enjoy the freedoms they have while attempting to portray a contrarian position.  

Poker?? really?? while one of the most important "causes" in the last decade was taking place in the city upon whose website you pontificate? 

Thanks for proving to all of us that you can't and won't be taken seriously going forward. 

Pathetic indeed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

What if this 6 month old citizenship was done under false pretense because of the wrench it would throw in the legal system? Would that be voidable? Does anyone think he became a citizen on 9/11 by coincidence, & also just turned on this country in the last few months? Something doesn't add up here.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

He portrays himself as a vigilant activist, but when the best opportunity to exercise his espirit de corps and commitment to the cause, he was off "enjoying life" and playing in a poker tournament. 

Frankly, I love convenient cause personalities like godvernment.  They always expose themselves as nothing more than appreciative Americans who are happy to enjoy the freedoms they have while attempting to portray a contrarian position.  

Poker?? really?? while one of the most important "causes" in the last decade was taking place in the city upon whose website you pontificate? 

Thanks for proving to all of us that you can't and won't be taken seriously going forward. 

Pathetic indeed.

i haven't seen you comment about the 14 people who died in the west texas explosion. does it only matter when there is a human suspect involved? have you been planted in front of your tv awaiting breaking news about the texas explosion? 

no, your evil little hypocritical mind cares more about revenge and punishing someone than you do the actual victims. people like you sick in the head and you are oblivious to it.

Forgive me godvernment, but I try to stay on the subject.  We're talking about the boston bombings on this thread, not the Texas explosion.  Sounds like you may have some passion for the Texas subject, but a few days have passed and quick search of the board didn't turn up a thread you started on your newly found passion related to that subject.  why not?  Feigned passion?  Probably.  Look, if you wish to start a thread about the Texas Explosions, I'll comment, but to do so, you may have to forgo your avocations (poker and enjoying life) for your passions.   

I pity you that you don't see the intentional deaths of an 8 year old boy, a chinese college student, a 29 year old woman, or a 26 year old police officer as victims, but I am not surprised.  that you find hypocrisy in me while you are off "enjoying life and playing in a poker tourmament" is amusing.  I suppose if I was regularly spewing my political views on a football forum when a political forum existed on the same website, then you might have a point, but unfortunately for you that characterization resides with you.  

Finally, as it relates to the boston/texas incidents, this is a boston website.  You may reside in Miami and I in Indy, but it is surprising that you don't understand that the local people are more concerned with their local issues.  you were more concerned with your local poker game than you were with the Texas explosion or the boston bombing, right?  But, I guess you weren't in danger, right?  Why worry?  Shouldn't Bostonians be allowed to be more concerned about their own lives when intentional killers were at large than a Texas explosion that was the result of an unintentional mishap? 

My condolences to all of those in Texas who have unfortunately been affected by the terrible and unintentional explosion.  And please to those Texans who may read this, don't assume that Godvernment cares about you.  He's got a poker game.  He'll support you later.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Funny how liberals quote the constitution verbatim whenever they think it suits them...and then claim that it's a "living-breathing" document, subject to whatever ridiculous interpretation they wish to claim, when it doesn't. Don't waste your breath with card carrying liberals like Prolate. 

This murderous piece of trash is an emeny combatant...and as such, should not receive the same rights as an American citizen.   

You mad bro?

Of course not. But I don't think that's a reason to suspend the Constitution. It will be plenty easy to convict him without doing that, just as the Founders intended.

RESPONSE: AGAIN...for at least the third time...this bum and his brother are enemy combatants...soldiers of war against the U.S.. They are not even U.S. citizens. They should not be entitled to constitutional protections. These bums should be tried before a military tribunal.

The term "enemy combatant" doesn't even appear in the constitution. Yes, I know that that term has been used in recent years as a way to describe a class of persons who alledgedly are not subject to the protections of either the Constitution or the Geneva Conventions. And I know many Americans think it expedient to create such a class of persons with no legal rights.  That's okay. There's a long line of dictators those Americans can turn to for legal precedent should they choose to abandon their founders' vision and instead revert to a society where rule of law is replaced by executive fiat. 

Yeah...you're right, pal. Let's just apologize for killing this guys' brother, and let him go home. Maybe then, he and his other terrorist friend will leave us alone....LOL!!!

childish. nobody is calling to apologize and let him go home. there are not only 2 options: torture him into confession or let him go free. how about treating him as we have treated suspects since the beginning of the constitution, you know, the thing that makes america the greatest country in the world? he's an american citizen and should be treated as such.

RESPONSE: He is a traitor at best, and an enemy combatant (soldier)at worst. He and his ilk are at war with our country. Their weapon of choice is terrorism. How many more innocent American citizens will die because we don't take the necessary steps to extract information and deal with our enemies? Talk about being childish, you and your fellow libs are grossly naive, my friend. Idiotic liberal policies are destroying the foundations of this country, and getting people killed. This must not be treated as a criminal justice problem...but as an act of war.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The legal nuances don’t matter in this case.  This scum will be found guilty in Federal court and executed within 6 years ala McVeigh.  I haven't heard of anyone being executed at Gitmo, hell those dbags have a soccer field.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The legal nuances don’t matter in this case.  This scum will be found guilty in Federal court and executed within 6 years ala McVeigh.  I haven't heard of anyone being executed at Gitmo, hell those dbags have a soccer field.

It's a good point, Tcal.  The justice system designed by the founding fathers actually works.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

You mad bro?

childish. nobody is calling to apologize and let him go home. there are not only 2 options: torture him into confession or let him go free. how about treating him as we have treated suspects since the beginning of the constitution, you know, the thing that makes america the greatest country in the world? he's an american citizen and should be treated as such.

RESPONSE: He is a traitor at best, and an enemy combatant (soldier)at worst. He and his ilk are at war with our country. Their weapon of choice is terrorism. How many more innocent American citizens will die because we don't take the necessary steps to extract information and deal with our enemies? Talk about being childish, you and your fellow libs are grossly naive, my friend. Idiotic liberal policies are destroying the foundations of this country, and getting people killed. This must not be treated as a criminal justice problem...but as an act of war.

Bullcrap. Criminal process works just fine for this.  

And if anyone is destroying the foundations of this country it's people who don't respect the Constitution or the principles on which it was built.

Funny how a great patriot like you is offended by the Bill of Rights.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh and by the way, treason requires a trial too. I know you despise the Constitution and the civil liberties it guarantees, but for those who care, here's what it says:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

You mad bro?

RESPONSE: Bullcrap. So...every enemy soldier now gets a trial in a US court? Stop .being naive! These terrorists are at war with our country, and our people.

And if anyone is destroying the foundations of this country it's people who don't respect the Constitution or the principles on which it was built.

RESPONSE:  Then go look in the mirror, pal. You liberals cite the Constitution verbatim when it suits you. when it doesn't, you claim that it's an outdated, living, breathing document, that is subject to whatever warped interpretation your ilk wishes to assign to it.

RESPONSE: It is smug, naive liberals like yourself who offend...because the likes of you and your kind are destroying the values and foundations of our great nation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Funny how simply posting the Bill of Rights gets such a reaction from you.  Sorry to hear, really, that you're so offended by that great document.  But that's okay.  You live in Texas.  Maybe your state will secede . . . a second time. We can only hope.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Bullcrap. So...every enemy soldier now gets a trial in a US court? Stop .being naive! These terrorists are at war with our country, and our people.

Enemy soldiers are covered by the Geneva Conventions and aren't treated as criminals generally.  If they are suspected of commiting a crime, however, they get a trial. Or at least they used to back when Americans believed in rule of law.

RESPONSE:  Then go look in the mirror, pal. You liberals cite the Constitution verbatim when it suits you. when it doesn't, you claim that it's an outdated, living, breathing document, that is subject to whatever warped interpretation your ilk wishes to assign to it.

I never made any such claim, but I'm not surprised you've tried to convict me without evidence.  it seems to be your preferred approach.  You just know, don't you?

RESPONSE: It is smug, naive liberals like yourself who offend...because the likes of you and your kind are destroying the values and foundations of our great nation.

Yeah right, because we actually value the liberties the founders fought and died for.  

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pro, you seem to be under the impression military tribunals are unconstitutional or are not due process.  They are, but I agree this looks like a case for criminal court unless there is some larger influence from a foreign government (which I doubt).  Regardless I think justice will be done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Pathetic indeed.

i haven't seen you comment about the 14 people who died in the west texas explosion. does it only matter when there is a human suspect involved? have you been planted in front of your tv awaiting breaking news about the texas explosion? 

no, your evil little hypocritical mind cares more about revenge and punishing someone than you do the actual victims. people like you sick in the head and you are oblivious to it.

Forgive me godvernment, but I try to stay on the subject.  We're talking about the boston bombings on this thread, not the Texas explosion.  Sounds like you may have some passion for the Texas subject, but a few days have passed and quick search of the board didn't turn up a thread you started on your newly found passion related to that subject.  why not?  Feigned passion?  Probably.  Look, if you wish to start a thread about the Texas Explosions, I'll comment, but to do so, you may have to forgo your avocations (poker and enjoying life) for your passions.   

I pity you that you don't see the intentional deaths of an 8 year old boy, a chinese college student, a 29 year old woman, or a 26 year old police officer as victims, but I am not surprised.  that you find hypocrisy in me while you are off "enjoying life and playing in a poker tourmament" is amusing.  I suppose if I was regularly spewing my political views on a football forum when a political forum existed on the same website, then you might have a point, but unfortunately for you that characterization resides with you.  

Finally, as it relates to the boston/texas incidents, this is a boston website.  You may reside in Miami and I in Indy, but it is surprising that you don't understand that the local people are more concerned with their local issues.  you were more concerned with your local poker game than you were with the Texas explosion or the boston bombing, right?  But, I guess you weren't in danger, right?  Why worry?  Shouldn't Bostonians be allowed to be more concerned about their own lives when intentional killers were at large than a Texas explosion that was the result of an unintentional mishap? 

My condolences to all of those in Texas who have unfortunately been affected by the terrible and unintentional explosion.  And please to those Texans who may read this, don't assume that Godvernment cares about you.  He's got a poker game.  He'll support you later.

Well said UD6!  

You are a Colt Fan and I am a Patriot Fan but we are both Americans.  I would be outraged if this attack took place in Indy.  What the guy from Miami can't understand is that the closer to home the stronger the outrage.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

you're not even making sense. just like the texas explosion has nothing to do with this thread. what i do with my time in miami has nothing to do with the boston bombing. you're suggesting that because i didn't stay glued to the tv all day and night that i don't care. you're talking just talk. goodbye.

you acted like you didn't care.  You were flippant to others who cared in a significantly different and greater way that you supposedly do, and you mocked them.  Who in the world are you to judge anyone else for any reason.  You apparently can't be bothered when it is time for you to live your life and play poker.    

I am sure I don't make sense to you, Ricky.  How could I?  What makes sense to you is warped to most others.  You supposedly have a cause, but only when it isn't getting in the way of "living your life and playing poker".  You ought to be damned appreciative that you live in a country that provides you the freedom not only to live your life AND play poker, but also to speak your mind.  Unfortunately, you don't. You are too busy denigrating it. 

At best Ricky, you are a fraud. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Texas Pat

Regardin your "RESPONSE: He is a traitor at best, and an enemy combatant (soldier)at worst. He and his ilk are at war with our country. Their weapon of choice is terrorism. How many more innocent American citizens will die because we don't take the necessary steps to extract information and deal with our enemies? Talk about being childish, you and your fellow libs are grossly naive, my friend. Idiotic liberal policies are destroying the foundations of this country, and getting people killed. This must not be treated as a criminal justice problem...but as an act of war."

I agree with you in everything within your response except I believe you use the term Liberal way too loosely.  I consider myself to be a Liberal within a framework of "Live and Let Live".  This framework also includes the death penalty for the most heinous crimes such as this one and the right to bear arms.  I also believe that there are quite a few of us who are politically left of center who feel the same as I do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Pro, you seem to be under the impression military tribunals are unconstitutional or are not due process.  They are, but I agree this looks like a case for criminal court unless there is some larger influence from a foreign government (which I doubt).  Regardless I think justice will be done.

Military tribunals as traditionally employed during wartime don't bother me.  I do have problems, however, when the government strips people (citizens or not) of life, liberty, or property without some kind of clearly defined process subject to public oversight and protective of basic human rights.   The kind of military tribunals that we've attempted to create (without much real success, I might add) at Gitmo and elsewhere as an afterthought after imprisoning large numbers of people are not, in my opinion, convincingly Constitutional.

The criminal justice system will work fine for individuals like Tsarnaev and has the benefit of being unassailable Constitutionally. I see absolutely no reason to forego it and I can't understand why some people seem to want to. 

Sections
Shortcuts