CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/06/09/brady/index.html

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/08/cut-the-bull-brady-deserves-his-dough/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippinwednesday060210

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2010/06/in_negotiations_will_brady_rul.html

While Polian repeatedly promises that a Manning contract is a slam dunk and Manning will become the highest paid player in the NFL, the Pats front office refuses to say anything about it, and it is clear that no talks have started. Whatever the Pats strategy regarding Brady's contract, it seems harder and harder to justify what they are doing.

Not looking good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

Oh God. I'd rather talk about Brady's hair (like the thread that's already been started) than this non-existent story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

Its a reasonable question posed reasonably by a former member of the organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

For all the folks who keep trying to drum up a story,quit wasting our time and yours. Tom Brady himself has said that contractual things take care of themselves. Kraft has stated on several occasions that the Patriots will deal with tom Brady's extention in a timely manner. Their you go end of controversy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

"and it is clear that no talks have started." 

Oh really, and you know this how exactly? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

If Manning's new contract is such a slam dunk why hasn't it been completed yet?  Answer - Polian is trying to figure out what is going to happen with the CBA, same as the Patriots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Bradys agent waits to see what Mannings numbers look like while Mannings agent waits to see what Bradys numbers look like.

It's like spy versus spy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

There's so much conjecture in all these so-called experts' articles that it's ridiculous.  They have no idea what's really going on behind the scenes so they insert their own thoughts and conclusions.  Near the end of Tucker's article he even starts wondering if Pioli leaving is a contributing factor of the Pats not being able to get deals done. 

I can't say that there isn't a "growing disconnect" between Brady and the Pats but I sure haven't heard any comments from either side that would lead me to believe that there are big problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.:
    In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : Yeah, right. A guy who had a cup of coffee in NE somehow has an understanding of the inner contrctual workings of a large financial deal that will impact the entire organization during an  unknown future cap period. Yup. Ross Tucker is one bright guy with all the answers. This could be posed to a number of high profile players right now, not just Brady. Just because NE isn't dumb enough to say stuff like "we'll make him the highest paid QB" (Irsay/Polian) or the Jets with Revis, doesn';t mean there is a "problem". This is all media fodder and complete and utter dung. There is this thing called the CBA that needs to be ironed out first.  And, we shouldn't be pointing this out to Ross Tucker. There is this little fallacy running through the media and down to jealous fans who don't get economics and management, and it's called jealousy towards what is a perceived "cheap" organization. Well, in my world, what you call "cheap", I call SMART.
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't think Ross Tucker is suggesting he has all the answers.  I think he is saying he has questions, and I think his Ivy League degree has taught how to do that quite capably.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.:
    If Manning's new contract is such a slam dunk why hasn't it been completed yet?  Answer - Polian is trying to figure out what is going to happen with the CBA, same as the Patriots.
    Posted by 123meg

This is absolutely true and frankly no different than Brady with the pats.  Where the difference exists is that the colts are not being hush hush about it.  The pats are.  Why?  There is no reason to be silent about this contract.  This contract and the difficulties inherent to it should be discussed as publicly as possible to show Brady the love he deserves. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : This is absolutely true and frankly no different than Brady with the pats.  Where the difference exists is that the colts are not being hush hush about it.  The pats are.  Why?  There is no reason to be silent about this contract.  This contract and the difficulties inherent to it should be discussed as publicly as possible to show Brady the love he deserves. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

You must not know too much about the Patriots/Belichick/Kraft/Brady. Give me one example of a story/situation they openly discussed through the...wait for it, media. None exist. Belichick is the coach the media ridicules because even after Super Bowl victories, he'll say something like "Well, I thought we came out and did a decent job on both ends of the ball. Nothing to write home about but we did a pretty good job. This is a great win for our team, our fans, and our organization." Spygate, same thing. "We're focusing on the San Diego Chargers" is all Belichick said. All contracts, all injuries, all wins, and all losses. Handled the same way: never through the media.

While your GM openly blasts your offensive line and everyone else around his precious Manning, our management keeps things under wraps. It's one philosophy versus another: neither is right or wrong but you could say the Patriots' has been successful because they're rarely overpaying for players in front of the media. That diminishes a thing called leverage. See Rex Ryan and Revis. It's all a game to the Patriots and that's both good and bad but mostly it's been good from a fan's perspective. You'll always hear Belichick say "Well, we know what Tom brings to the table" or "We know Tom is capable of making the play." He has NEVER and will never say "We all know that without Tom our offense can't function" or "We're all aware how much Tom means to this franchise so we're going to keep him no matter what." He may feel that but he won't say it publicly because you can bet that Brady's team is monitoring the wire. All of that can be used when the two sides are sitting at a table feeling each other out. When Patriots management never publicly discusses a players value, it's much more of a hard read for the other player's camp. On the other hand, if and when the Jets sit down with Revis' team, they're going to be viewing a lot of tape of Rex Ryan openly praising his stud player. Then, you can demand the egregious money Revis wants because he's oh so valuable to the team. When Bruschi retired, Belichick openly called him "the perfect player." You can bet all the money you'll ever earn that he would have never said while Bruschi was in uniform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Springer, did you respond to the right post?  You're response to apdynasty doesn't make a lick of sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Maybe the Pats aren't talking about it because there is nothing to talk about. I'll worry about what is going to happen when he signs with someone else. The Pats don't usually talk about anything. The reason they spoke publicly about Wilforks Contract is because it had expired and was actually an issue. Brady's contract hasn't and thus is not an issue for another year. One person that has commented on it is Brady when he said it's not a big deal and that they are all overpaid anyway. If he's not worried about it neither am I.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : LMFAO you are one of the most pompous drones I have ever laughed about. You have no clue whatsoever about anything going on in the business end of any pro football team let alone high school teams. You constantly run your big fat mouth about how every team conducts its business. Please tell us where and when you were in on any contract negoation? Please give us just one?  Better yet, which Union, Company, Hospital, Insurance Company, please tell us how you are on either side of the table when you have negotiated any type of business dealing or contact salary. You couldnt negotiate buying a piece of bubble gum you bafoon! You are the only stooge on here that reads a book about something someone else wrote or did (not You) and is now the genius of its workings. Please stop, you ar enothing more than a joke in this forum, go outside and read a book on how to get a real life 
    Posted by JerrySpringer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

Why all the anger?  He sounds like he has a clue...You my friend, Do Not!  I can't disagree with ANY point he made in his well thought out post.

You on the other hand, sound like a RAVING LUNATIC!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Maybe the Pats aren't talking about it because there is nothing to talk about. I'll worry about what is going to happen when he signs with someone else. The Pats don't usually talk about anything. The reason they spoke publicly about Wilforks Contract is because it had expired and was actually an issue. Brady's contract hasn't and thus is not an issue for another year. One person that has commented on it is Brady when he said it's not a big deal and that they are all overpaid anyway. If he's not worried about it neither am I.
    Posted by ewhite1065

E - I am not trying to incite (I only responded to the thread), but to consider this potential issue (for either NE or INDY) a non-issue is naive. 

As you will recall, Texas Pat and some others have been a frequent posters about the players that are holding out due to contract issues.  Its obvious that the contract issues that face Manning and Brady don't rise to that level, because they are participating in practices, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. 

I accept that the patriots do not "talk much" publicly, but where Brady is concerned there seems to be no reason to be silent.  Can you think of any?  At the very least they could (like Polian has) say tell the world they are trying to figure out the best way, given the constraints, to get a deal done. 

Finally, there is an additional issue where Brady's contract is concerned vs. Manning.  None of us disagree that both should be the 2 top paid players in the league, but Brady's contract pays him significantly less this year than Manning ($3 mill?), and apparently this 30% rule will get in the way of paying him what he is actually worth.  Manning, too, but he is closer to the reality of what he deserves than Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

LMFAO you are one of the most pompous drones I have ever laughed about. You have no clue whatsoever about anything going on in the business end of any pro football team let alone high school teams. You constantly run your big fat mouth about how every team conducts its business. Please tell us where and when you were in on any contract negoation? Please give us just one?  Better yet, which Union, Company, Hospital, Insurance Company, please tell us how you are on either side of the table when you have negotiated any type of business dealing or contact salary. You couldnt negotiate buying a piece of bubble gum you bafoon! You are the only stooge on here that reads a book about something someone else wrote or did (not You) and is now the genius of its workings. Please stop, you ar enothing more than a joke in this forum, go outside and read a book on how to get a real life 

You need to look in the mirror DIPPY, if you can stand the sight!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

For the umteen millionth time I'm sick of reading abouth Tom's contract, be gald when the season starts. Then we can talk about football....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : This is absolutely true and frankly no different than Brady with the pats.  Where the difference exists is that the colts are not being hush hush about it.  The pats are.  Why?  There is no reason to be silent about this contract.  This contract and the difficulties inherent to it should be discussed as publicly as possible to show Brady the love he deserves. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

What?  I have heard Kraft say that Brady will be signed, same as what Polian is saying about Manning.....I have also heard Brady say that they heve been discussing the contract and there are a lot of differences....I have not heard Manning on his take of why it has taken so long to get him an extension.....

Who is being hush-hush on contract talks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : E - I am not trying to incite (I only responded to the thread), but to consider this potential issue (for either NE or INDY) a non-issue is naive.  As you will recall, Texas Pat and some others have been a frequent posters about the players that are holding out due to contract issues.  Its obvious that the contract issues that face Manning and Brady don't rise to that level, because they are participating in practices, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  I accept that the patriots do not "talk much" publicly, but where Brady is concerned there seems to be no reason to be silent.  Can you think of any?  At the very least they could (like Polian has) say tell the world they are trying to figure out the best way, given the constraints, to get a deal done.  Finally, there is an additional issue where Brady's contract is concerned vs. Manning.  None of us disagree that both should be the 2 top paid players in the league, but Brady's contract pays him significantly less this year than Manning ($3 mill?), and apparently this 30% rule will get in the way of paying him what he is actually worth.  Manning, too, but he is closer to the reality of what he deserves than Brady.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Hey dogggggg,
    I wasn't actually responding to your post just speaking my opinion. The reason this isn't an issue is because the Pats know who they have to take care of when the time comes. Vince was a must and it got done. Also, I'm not comparing this situation to Manning as I'm sure the Colts will take care of that when the time comes first and foremost. I also don't agree that Brady's contract is directly hinged to what Peyton gets paid. Brady is his own man and After he signs his contract I expect there to be some controversy again because he takes somewhat of a home town discount. The fact that neither side has spoken about it tells me that neither is worried. The fact that Brady has said publicly( I'm Paraphrasing ) "Big Whoop we are all overpaid anyway" tells me that being paid as much as the next guy isn't going to make his life complete or get him a better seat in heaven when the time comes. The pats have had a few stars over the last decade take one for the team when it comes to payroll and Brady has been one of those guys. That's why he'll be around. With most athletes that is Naive but with Brady and guys like Bruschi it's not...Also, with Randy Moss that will be a factor but not Brady. I'm just going by History..They'll get something worked out.
    Also I respect Texas Pat and the others that post here and their opinions but that's their opinion not mine and not fact. Plus I thought you disagreed with everything TP Said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

E - Whatever I said that may have made you think I agree with anything TP says, ever, I formally retract. 

Nah - I just have to humble him sometimes - like he does me.  It just follows the natural order of things.  When something moves too far from the norm then corrective measures are nearly automatic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

E - Whatever I said that may have made you think I agree with anything TP says, ever, I formally retract.  Nah - I just have to humble him sometimes - like he does me.  It just follows the natural order of things.  When something moves too far from the norm then corrective measures are nearly automatic.
    Posted by underdoggggg

LOL..I hope that applies to the November elections too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : If Brady is not extended by the time the season starts, we'll be talking as much about Brady's situation during the season as we will about football. So this thing isn't going to go away, it's going to keep escalating from here until the Pats front office makes some noise on next steps.
    Posted by murghkhor

I bet this doesn't get done until next offseason. I would expect to see a new CBA in Place before the Pats allocate this kind of bread for the future. And you're correct that this will be a big focus down the road. I think I'm going to ignore it as best I can. Once the Press starts getting in Bob Krafts face he'll start throwing out the obligatory statements of Tom Brady worship.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : If Brady is not extended by the time the season starts, we'll be talking as much about Brady's situation during the season as we will about football. So this thing isn't going to go away, it's going to keep escalating from here until the Pats front office makes some noise on next steps.
    Posted by murghkhor

It won't go away because you'll bring it up again and the same drivel will ensue.  Letting Brady get away would be suicide for the Pats.  An absolute marketing disaster.

Sections
Shortcuts