CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.:
    In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : I don't care if he has an Ivy League degree or not.  He isn't making much sense here. To leave out the CBA aspect, playing dumb, to write a column, is LAZY journalism. Period. That's what these boneheads do. Leave out facts and contexts to "do" their job. FAIL So, no, it appears he isn't quite capable of analyzing this topic rationally and very thoroughly, now is he? I expect names like Manning, Revis, and whoever else to be in the same column as this one analyzing WHY VERY LARGE contracts aren't slam dunks right now. Sad when I know the answer, as do others here, yet Ross Tucker and his Ivy League degree do not. What drives me nuts about how NE is treated differently by the media is how NE has a FANTASTIC track record of money management and sustainability with approach contracts, whether it's Tom Brady's or not, yet this is somehow ignored within his premise. FAIL
    Posted by russgriswold

The good news (for you) is that you obviously value your opinion - nothing wrong with a little self-assuredness.  The bad news (for you) is that others are no less legitimized (and, in fact, might be considered more credible) for having an opinion that differs from yours. 

Apparently you do not read well, because Tucker's article does bring up the 30% rule that is a part of the CBA issue.  In fact, it is the very first item of his article.  Forgive me if you thought your rant might get by on "heartfelt passion" rather than facts, but homey don't play that.

That facts are that no one is currently hearing anything from anyone within the Patriots organization regarding any effort currently being made to get anything done where Tom Brady is concerned.  Why?  How does the Patriots typical silent M.O. play here?  How does silence improve the situation for the pats or Tom Brady?  Its not as if other teams can court him.  Even if the Pats publicly say "its complicated", then the world knows they are trying to figure it out.  Tucker commented on this, as well. 

Where Manning and Revis are concerned (since you brought them up), both of their orgs have gone on public record very recently saying that they are working on the contracts for these guys but due to the CBA issue there is a great deal of uncertainty with them.  What have the pats said - Nada.  And that is the rub.

As for the pats cap skills, are you really suggesting that the pats intend to play "that kind of ball" with Brady?  Really?  Tucker brought this up as well. 

Look, no one says you are not entitled to your opinion.  But if you are going to comment on Tucker's, you probably should dig into it a little more so that you are confident that you know what he said.  Otherwise, it makes you look unintelligent (like here).   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.:
    In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : It won't go away because you'll bring it up again and the same drivel will ensue.  Letting Brady get away would be suicide for the Pats.  An absolute marketing disaster.
    Posted by garytx

And that is really what the article is saying.  So since it is the case, why not have the org come out and say, "Tom Brady will be our QB.  The contract is complicated due to the CBA, but over time we will get this done."  That is all they need to do.  Until then speculation will rule the day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Actually Kraft has said repeatedly that the Pats are lucky to have Brady and that he expects Brady will be a Patriot for a very long time.  They haven't said anything specific about a contract because they rarely if ever do.  Polian's comments were similar - we expect it to get done but are waiting to see what happens with the CBA.  It was the Colts owner, Jim Irsay, who said Manning would be the league's highest paid player, not Polian. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

You certainly wouldn't have to worry anymore about consecutive sell out streaks and season ticket waiting lists if they ever allowed him to leave.  Kraft didn't get where he is by being stupid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

123meg - that is absolutely correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more. : How dumb are you here? You aren't getting it. Since when does NE announce what they are talking about with regards to contracts? They have said nothing on Moss and Mankins as well.  They dealt with Wilfork and got it done.  They ponied up cash for a very good CB in Leigh Bodden. Tucker's premise is INVALID (this is the point and what you don't get) because he puts more weight into the Pats not announcing their efforts as well as pretending the CBA doesn't have EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS.  The CBA issues is the reason All it takes is one media bozo to pretend this an issue, and for the 100th time, any Pats driven article by the media is like wildfire.  The media feasts on lies and claims about how they are "cheap", "unfair", "unclassy", "they cheat", etc, etc, etc, etc. Where is the article on why Manning isn't signed?  I see one for Revis, but he's MOUTHING OFF with the Jets front office also promoting him. Meanwhile, Tucker treats the CBA like it's a minor factor in the  matter, which is entirely laughable.  THAT IS THE WHOLE ISSUE! You apparently feel politically correct broadcasting of finances and plans is somehow legitimate substance to what the Pats want to do. Guess what? I wasn't born last night and I don't put stock into a quiet Pats front office. That's fine if people disagree, but I am not buying it and I have the right to do so AND SAY WHY.  All I ask is for logic if you are going to take time post. It's fine to disagree.  But, bozo behavior will be dealt with.
    Posted by russgriswold

First - Tom Brady is not Logan Mankins or Vince Wilfork or Leigh Bodden.  Tom Brady means more to the franchise all of those guys put together - twice, so relating him to them is like relating the size of Beacon Hill to Mt. Everest.  Different rules my friend, different rules. 

Second, you have your opinion and Tucker has his.  Unless you have an inside track to the Pats org, I am going to go with the guy who I know does.  I am not suggesting that he has talked to anyone within the org about this, but I will suggest that his pulse of the situation given his history is a little bit better than yours.  That's logic. 

Maybe you like the blinders Master Belichick has placed on you, but for the rest of us that have fully open eyes, we know there is much more to the world than what you see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dear Jerry Springer.  It's BUFFON.  Not BAFOON.  If you do not know this, you are too ignorant to pay any attention to.  Get off your own stage, MORON.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, and as a Sirius radio listener for a few years, Ross is like most of the analysts out there (only exceptions I can find are Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan) mostly wrong, mostly no experience in the front office, and mostly have been complaining about everything the Patriots do, even when they won Superbowls doing it.  Talking heads, my wife calls them.  The only opinions I trust in this are the aforementioned Ryan and Kirwan, and there, they back it up with contract details and solid numbers every time.  When Brady is gone, I will worry.  Until then this is just typical contract stuff, and this is the dead time of year when ANY story gets blown wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

LOL, epic fail by me.  I know it is buffoon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

he is still a monkey's @ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Oh, and as a Sirius radio listener for a few years, Ross is like most of the analysts out there (only exceptions I can find are Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan) mostly wrong, mostly no experience in the front office, and mostly have been complaining about everything the Patriots do, even when they won Superbowls doing it.  Talking heads, my wife calls them.  The only opinions I trust in this are the aforementioned Ryan and Kirwan, and there, they back it up with contract details and solid numbers every time.  When Brady is gone, I will worry.  Until then this is just typical contract stuff, and this is the dead time of year when ANY story gets blown wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of proportion.
    Posted by Davedsone

Dave, Best Football Talk show I ever listened too. Completely unbiased, well informed and no ax to grind. They just love football. Pat Kirwan Knows everybody. I've been listening since they started and these guys blow everyone away. If they say it then it's in stone as far as I'm concerned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

You think Ross Tucker has "an inside track" to the Patriots org, do ya?  And you claim I use conspiracy theories?  Hilarious. Seek help. Funny how when I predict something, 9/10 it's dead, spot on with regards to the Pats wheelings and dealings.  I'll bet you anything, Brady gets a long term deal and gets paid well and Ross Tucker will look like a rube, as do all sensationalist media people who try to paint a negative light against NE.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ - nobody including Ross Tucker is saying that a deal won't get done, but he has provided interesting and relevant speculation.  That's all.  If you are wondering why Manning doesn't fit the same mold.  Here are the answers.  

Manning isn't staying away from the team with greater frequency.  
    Manning wasn't just married.  
    Manning doesn't have a wife with a career that is equal to his.  
    Manning doesn't have a child 3000 miles away from his job (as far as the public knows).  
    Manning does not have a child. 
    Manning's doesn't have a pull where his hometown is closer to his child than his job.    
    Manning has not publicly stated that his priorities in life have changed.   

As for Tucker's inside track.  my point was that as a former member of the team (with former teammates still on the team), unless you have some access, he likely has more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to CNNSI headline: Pats flirting with danger regarding Brady contract strategy. And more.:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/06/09/brady/index.html http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/08/cut-the-bull-brady-deserves-his-dough/ http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippinwednesday060210 http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2010/06/in_negotiations_will_brady_rul.html While Polian repeatedly promises that a Manning contract is a slam dunk and Manning will become the highest paid player in the NFL, the Pats front office refuses to say anything about it, and it is clear that no talks have started. Whatever the Pats strategy regarding Brady's contract, it seems harder and harder to justify what they are doing. Not looking good.
    Posted by murghkhor

This is an example of the media creating a "crisis", in order to sell papers, or get hits to their articles. This is a non-story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Dave and E - I agree with you both about Tim and Pat, but disagree about Tucker.  He's pretty straight.  Frankly, I like Schein (but he does have bias and tells you that) and I like Rich Gannon.

Sections
Shortcuts