Coach Belichick.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Coach Belichick.

coolade. 

Maybe you are right.  If you want to be successful, studying successful people and their methods can't hurt.  Maybe a study of Belichick is what has helped other coaches in the league.  My only counter to that is that guys like Weis and Crennel and McDaniels and Pioli have ventured out and not succeeded.  Surely they've learned Belichick's methods better than another coach who has never coached under Belichick, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There is no coach in the NFL who I think is better.  I rarely use the word 'great' because I think it is massively over-applied.  That said, if there is a 'great' football coach out there today it is Bill Belichick.  One does not have to be perfect to be 'great' in my opinion and, has been stated above, every coach will be outcoached from time to time irrespective who he is.

I'm already on record here with respect to Belichick's performance as a GM and I think he happens to be among the best in the league.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

EVERYBODY  has good points and bad points. Or good qualities that are advantageous sometimes, but are a problem in certain situations.

This sums up Belichick. 

#1Great pure coach who is dedicated and consistent.... (downside):  consistency breeds predictability.  

#2  BB is arrogant and tight lipped with the press breeding an insulated environment for his players to work on their jobs.  (downside): the press attacks him relentlessly for this arrogance building into motivational hate from media and opposing players.

#3 BB values players according to production and gets rid of players he deems overpriced.  ( downside): bye bye talent, since players that are really good are expensive.

#4  BBs genius is omnipotent and translates thru all levels of the team, producing excellent organization. (downside):  lack of strong minded underlings who would act as collaborators, end up being yes-men.

summary... Take good with the bad and you get a good team but hey other teams will kick your limited predictable as$ every so often.

Great Assesment. Pretty spot on and I would agree. I was over the top a bit yesterday but I do realize he is pretty good but he needs those players who are coaches on the field. The biggest thing missing to me are players like law where he would say "go lock up this guy" and that was it. Or tell Willie to do something. Remember when BB used to always take away something in a game and now its like he gives up everything? I dont think he has the players necessary to carry out those plans anymore and its hurting the team cuz they arent that talented but the front 7 is ready. I truly believe we are a REAL SS  away from it all. Sure there are other things but Saftey is the missing link

Agree...  Hard to believe that BB has missed on so many safeties over the years.  Harrison went down in 2005.  End of dynasty right there...?  If his knee hadn't been torn up in Pittsburgh does he jump higher and break up that tyree catch.  ?

seems obvious now but pats could have gotten better safeties but they took Ty warren over Troy polamalu, namdi asugwa, and Charles Tillman in 2003.  2004 you get Ben Watson over bob sanders. 

And the worst example 2006:  maroney and Chad Jackson over roman Harper and Bernard pollard. 

thinking offense when defense was aging. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I love the knee jerk morons who follow Babe's lead here.  Brady and the offense blow, so this makes BB a bad coach all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Talib goes down, Jones needs ankle surgery, Nink probably wasn't close to 100%, and somehow BB is now a bad coach.  It is what it is.  Your best players on D need to be there to win big games.  Ours weren't.

Players make plays. Coaches coach.   There was nothing wrong with the coaching or gameplan.

I just watched RIdley fall forward for a 1st down with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd near midfield with a 13-7 lead.

Tell me how our own offense stalling, not executing, etc, is the fault of BB.

of course  because the HEAD COACH has nothing to do with the offense and has no authority to do anything about it if it isn't working-he just stands there and watches it fail helplessly

being the HEAD COACH and all

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I love the knee jerk morons who follow Babe's lead here.  Brady and the offense blow, so this makes BB a bad coach all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Talib goes down, Jones needs ankle surgery, Nink probably wasn't close to 100%, and somehow BB is now a bad coach.  It is what it is.  Your best players on D need to be there to win big games.  Ours weren't.

Players make plays. Coaches coach.   There was nothing wrong with the coaching or gameplan.

I just watched RIdley fall forward for a 1st down with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd near midfield with a 13-7 lead.

of course  because the HEAD COACH has nothing to do with the offense and has no authority to do anything about it if it isn't working-he just stands there and watches it fail helplessly

It wasn't failing "helplessly" up 13-7 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.   Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand as Brady has full autonomy to run the offense.

Where was the quick snap stuff, why was he audibiling into a shotgun 1st and goal from the 1?

That's on BB? No.   Nice try.

You're jealousy of BB being superior to that of Parcells won't win here either, Gunty.

HC runs the team and tells the other coaches and players what we are doing and how we are doing it, the buck starts and stops there

and with an ego driven control freak like BB even more so...no supertar, no matter how great or accomplished, is going to overrule the HC or defy him on the field constantly as you claim, and especially not to a coach as accomplished as Bellichick

a star can get a HC removed and some have and many have tried since the beginning of time but that is certainly not the case here because brady's success is tied to BB and he doesn't want to play for anyone else-why oh why would brady defy and buck the HC's calls when he has had such success with that coach and has such great respect for him and why would that coach let it happen to the detriment of his team and his job?

whether u believe it or not, Brady is still a player and is not in charge-of anything

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

EVERYBODY  has good points and bad points. Or good qualities that are advantageous sometimes, but are a problem in certain situations.

This sums up Belichick. 

#1Great pure coach who is dedicated and consistent.... (downside):  consistency breeds predictability.  

#2  BB is arrogant and tight lipped with the press breeding an insulated environment for his players to work on their jobs.  (downside): the press attacks him relentlessly for this arrogance building into motivational hate from media and opposing players.

#3 BB values players according to production and gets rid of players he deems overpriced.  ( downside): bye bye talent, since players that are really good are expensive.

#4  BBs genius is omnipotent and translates thru all levels of the team, producing excellent organization. (downside):  lack of strong minded underlings who would act as collaborators, end up being yes-men.

summary... Take good with the bad and you get a good team but hey other teams will kick your limited predictable as$ every so often.

Great Assesment. Pretty spot on and I would agree. I was over the top a bit yesterday but I do realize he is pretty good but he needs those players who are coaches on the field. The biggest thing missing to me are players like law where he would say "go lock up this guy" and that was it. Or tell Willie to do something. Remember when BB used to always take away something in a game and now its like he gives up everything? I dont think he has the players necessary to carry out those plans anymore and its hurting the team cuz they arent that talented but the front 7 is ready. I truly believe we are a REAL SS  away from it all. Sure there are other things but Saftey is the missing link

Agree...  Hard to believe that BB has missed on so many safeties over the years.  Harrison went down in 2005.  End of dynasty right there...?  If his knee hadn't been torn up in Pittsburgh does he jump higher and break up that tyree catch.  ?

seems obvious now but pats could have gotten better safeties but they took Ty warren over Troy polamalu, namdi asugwa, and Charles Tillman in 2003.  2004 you get Ben Watson over bob sanders. 

And the worst example 2006:  maroney and Chad Jackson over roman Harper and Bernard pollard. 

I am still perturbed about that 06 draft when we got D.Thomas, C.Jackson and Maroney with high pics who were all busts when our defense needed to much help. Im not gonna say I was high on B.Sanders coming out and but I loved Roman Harper. RIght now he is the best blitzing safety in the league and his presence is felt in games. He has the size and smarts you covet and hasnt really been injured since his rookie year when he went to I/R. I thinks it too late to go draft route now and they need to trade for someone or get a real fre agent. BB knows what is missing but he has to be able to spend the money to get it done. It is the only glaring weakness if Talib comes back. Remember how many Scubs we used to employ in the back end as long as Rodney was there to clean up. R.Gay, T.Brown,. Earthwind Moreland to name a few..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

This sums up Belichick. 

His knee wasn't torn up in Pitt. It was torn up in Tenn and I believe it was Week 17 in 2006 on a dirty, bounty cheapshot instigated by Jeff Fisher. Bobby Wade did the deed.

We can armchair stupid things like why they didn't pick this guy or that guy all day long, but the fact is, NE has been knocking on the door of the SB the last 2 years with a fledgling offense at the core.

2007 was an aberration situation, but then again, you see the same root cause there, too. Offense.

You don't remember Cedric Wilson's " accidental" flying crackback on Rodney's left knee..? That was week 3 v.Pittsburgh  2005--- IR.  The TN hit was the right knee I think... Anyway, point was , Harrison was the key player on that D, who was getting older and hobbled without any replacement .

Then there was 2007 draft, merriweather over Dashon Goldson.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB is known for NOT micromanaging??????  Bwahahaha

BB is known FOR micromanaging every single aspect, down to the most minute detail!!!!!

All of them. 

His coaches are just his pawns that he, himself picks and trains!!!!

Good f'n grief!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

why oh why would brady defy and buck the HC's calls when he has had such success with that coach and has such great respect for him and why would that coach let it happen to the detriment of his team and his job?

Because Crusty says so?? LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

It wasn't failing "helplessly" up 13-7 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.   Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand as Brady has full autonomy to run the offense.

Where was the quick snap stuff, why was he audibiling into a shotgun 1st and goal from the 1?

You're jealousy of BB being superior to that of Parcells won't win here either, Gunty.

HC runs the team and tells the other coaches and players what we are doing and how we are doing it, the buck starts and stops there

and with an ego driven control freak like BB even more so...no supertar, no matter how great or accomplished, is going to overrule the HC or defy him on the field constantly as you claim, and especially not to a coach as accomplished as Bellichick

a star can get a HC removed and some have and many have tried since the beginning of time but that is certainly not the case here because brady's success is tied to BB and he doesn't want to play for anyone else-why oh why would brady defy and buck the HC's calls when he has had such success with that coach and has such great respect for him and why would that coach let it happen to the detriment of his team and his job?

whether u believe it or not, Brady is still a player and is not in charge-of anything

How is BB a control freak when he is notorious for not micromanaging? The only thing he controls or gets involved with on a regular basis is the defense.  Duh.

Parcells has the biggest ego of any coach of the last 50 years for crying out loud. Everyone knows it. He was jealous the Giants defense carried BB off the field in 1987 amongst other times.

The infamous footage of BB suggesting something different, with Parcells lashing out in a jealous fit of rage is infamous.

We've never seen BB show up a coach like that on his sideline.

You're a delude phony homer delight. 

Most of the time Brady makes the right call or play and no coach interferes with Peyton Manning's 2:00 offense, Rodgers's, Brees's or Brady's.     You pretending Brady has no accountability as a HOF QB is all we need to know about your agenda.

QB/offensive league = More glory for QBs, but also more accountability

End of story.

that's twice u brought up Parcells...what the hell does he have to do with anything?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I manage people for a living.  Every so often my best employees, who if I had an upper management position to offer them I would, leave for greener pastures, its inevitable.  Some people I hire to replace them aren't nearly as talented or competent, but I'll never realize this until after they've worked for a period of time and I can see the results.  

BB's genius does not pass itself on to those he hires, sometimes he brings in older established coaches and even they do not mesh with his systems.  Fans here need to temper their expectations and be patient.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Funny how you question BB's coaching more than anyone here but hide behind the ridiculous lie that he can't control McD or Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I manage people for a living.  Every so often my best employees, who if I had an upper management position to offer them I would, leave for greener pastures, its inevitable.  Some people I hire to replace them aren't nearly as talented or competent, but I'll never realize this until after they've worked for a period of time and I can see the results.  

BB's genius does not pass itself on to those he hires, sometimes he brings in older established coaches and even they do not mesh with his systems.  Fans here need to temper their expectations and be patient.

it's likely Bellichick has a lot to do with making his coaches successful in NE which is why they haven't had anything near the same success on their own-but this also says something about his ability to pick coaches too-if u run a business and hire fire and promote you know some of the responsibilty falls on you for your ability to spot talent and a good employee

to be fair none of his coaches have Tom Brady after they leave but still none have distinguished themselves

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How is BB a control freak when he is notorious for not micromanaging? The only thing he controls or gets involved with on a regular basis is the defense.  Duh.

Right junior. I suspect BB demands the ballboy give him a report hourly. LMAO@U and your ridiculous lies and spin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Pretty much my experience as well in managing an organization.  It's the nature of the beast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am still perturbed about that 06 draft when we got D.Thomas, C.Jackson and Maroney with high pics who were all busts when our defense needed to much help. Im not gonna say I was high on B.Sanders coming out and but I loved Roman Harper. RIght now he is the best blitzing safety in the league and his presence is felt in games. He has the size and smarts you covet and hasnt really been injured since his rookie year when he went to I/R. I thinks it too late to go draft route now and they need to trade for someone or get a real fre agent. BB knows what is missing but he has to be able to spend the money to get it done. It is the only glaring weakness if Talib comes back. Remember how many Scubs we used to employ in the back end as long as Rodney was there to clean up. R.Gay, T.Brown,. Earthwind Moreland to name a few..

Roman Harper sucks.  I mean sucks.  Had we drafted him he would have been cut long ago and declared a bust.  The guy can't cover a bed with a blanket for crying out loud.  The Saints Pass D has been terrible for a long time and he is part of the problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Roman Harper sucks.  I mean sucks.  Had we drafted him he would have been cut long ago and declared a bust.  The guy can't cover a bed with a blanket for crying out loud.  The Saints Pass D has been terrible for a long time and he is part of the problem.

Its funny how ALL these suck but they would be better than ANY safety we currently have. Thats your opinion so far be it for me to say different but the thing is why does everyone think there are a bunch of LEGIT ALL AROUND Safeties???  Its a joke. How many safeties in the league right now are Great in coverage and can play in the box??? He isnt used to cover. the Guy has more sacks than most our lineman and you think he would be cut after we just had a year or watching James Ihedibo!  LMAO!  Wow guys...Wow.  Blinders!  I guess we will never upgrade saftey because you guys want one that hits, covers, blitzes, gets water, throws passes...etc...lol

he may have had a down year in 2012 by his standards...   but these are his 2011 numbers

16 games,. 95 tackles, 7.5 sacks and 7 pass deflections. I guess we have better and cant use guys like him.  As long as BB keeps looking for interchangable safeties who can do everything from cover to bake cakes, we will suffer. WE have # 32 not get a real SS.

Can u name me any of the Cbs on the Saints after Tracy Porter left?? Is R.gay still there??Amazing with all the suckness on that Saints D, you cant find anyone else besides Roman to pick on??  Robinson is ok but inconsistent. He plays in the box as well as anyone and isnt asked to cover much if so thats THEIR scheme but if you havent noticed most safeties come here and get better as long as they have a skill set. There is no word for Gregory if Roman sucks. Seeing as he cant cover TE's, lets assume Roman cant either so does Gregory get you 7 sacks?? or 100 tackles?? Not even close.....lol  cmon PC, I thought you watched football

Im not endorsing these guys for the hall. Im saying they are upgrades to what we have.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Its funny how ALL these suck but they would be better than ANY safety we currently have. Thats your opinion so far be it for me to say different but the thing is why does everyone think there are a bunch of LEGIT ALL AROUND Safeties???  Its a joke. How many safeties in the league right now are Great in coverage and can play in the box??? He isnt used to cover. the Guy has more sacks than most our lineman and you think he would be cut after we just had a year or watching James Ihedibo!  LMAO!  Wow guys...Wow.  Blinders!  I guess we will never upgrade saftey because you guys want one that hits, covers, blitzes, gets water, throws passes...etc...lol

he may have had a down year in 2012 by his standards...   but these are his 2011 numbers

16 games,. 95 tackles, 7.5 sacks and 7 pass deflections. I guess we have better and cant use guys like him.  As long as BB keeps looking for interchangable safeties who can do everything from cover to bake cakes, we will suffer. WE have # 32 not get a real SS.

When your defense's problem is pass coverage it probably won't help to bring in one of if not the worst coverage safeties in the league.  Just going to put that out there.  This guy makes Landry look like Ed Reed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

When your defense's problem is pass coverage it probably won't help to bring in one of if not the worst coverage safeties in the league.  Just going to put that out there.  This guy makes Landry look like Ed Reed.

You assume our only problem is in coverage. If we NOW have a pro bowl, 2nd team ALL PRo FS, why do you want another guy who can cover??  I mean how did having 2 Cbs back there work against the Ravens?? Cmon dude, Im talking about a HITTER!  ALL year there wasnt ONE instance where one of our safties HIT somebody and they took their time getting up. THATS A PROBLEM!  our coverage is actually pretty good when we have real Cbs playing like Talib..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Parcells has the biggest ego of any coach of the last 50 years for crying out loud. Everyone knows it. He was jealous the Giants defense carried BB off the field in 1987 amongst other times.

The infamous footage of BB suggesting something different, with Parcells lashing out in a jealous fit of rage is infamous.

Most of the time Brady makes the right call or play and no coach interferes with Peyton Manning's 2:00 offense, Rodgers's, Brees's or Brady's.     You pretending Brady has no accountability as a HOF QB is all we need to know about your agenda.

End of story.

A coach known for developing other coaches.  Now that would be Bill Parcells.  I don't think anyone can quibble with that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

End of story.

A coach known for developing other coaches.  Now that would be Bill Parcells.  I don't think anyone can quibble with that.

THE MASTER!