In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

I love the knee jerk morons who follow Babe's lead here.  Brady and the offense blow, so this makes BB a bad coach all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Talib goes down, Jones needs ankle surgery, Nink probably wasn't close to 100%, and somehow BB is now a bad coach.  It is what it is.  Your best players on D need to be there to win big games.  Ours weren't.

Players make plays. Coaches coach.   There was nothing wrong with the coaching or gameplan.

I just watched RIdley fall forward for a 1st down with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd near midfield with a 13-7 lead.

Tell me how our own offense stalling, not executing, etc, is the fault of BB.

of course  because the HEAD COACH has nothing to do with the offense and has no authority to do anything about it if it isn't working-he just stands there and watches it fail helplessly

being the HEAD COACH and all

It wasn't failing "helplessly" up 13-7 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.   Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand as Brady has full autonomy to run the offense.

Where was the quick snap stuff, why was he audibiling into a shotgun 1st and goal from the 1?

That's on BB? No.   Nice try.

You're jealousy of BB being superior to that of Parcells won't win here either, Gunty.

HC runs the team and tells the other coaches and players what we are doing and how we are doing it, the buck starts and stops there

and with an ego driven control freak like BB even more so...no supertar, no matter how great or accomplished, is going to overrule the HC or defy him on the field constantly as you claim, and especially not to a coach as accomplished as Bellichick

a star can get a HC removed and some have and many have tried since the beginning of time but that is certainly not the case here because brady's success is tied to BB and he doesn't want to play for anyone else-why oh why would brady defy and buck the HC's calls when he has had such success with that coach and has such great respect for him and why would that coach let it happen to the detriment of his team and his job?

whether u believe it or not, Brady is still a player and is not in charge-of anything

How is BB a control freak when he is notorious for not micromanaging? The only thing he controls or gets involved with on a regular basis is the defense.  Duh.

Parcells has the biggest ego of any coach of the last 50 years for crying out loud. Everyone knows it. He was jealous the Giants defense carried BB off the field in 1987 amongst other times.

The infamous footage of BB suggesting something different, with Parcells lashing out in a jealous fit of rage is infamous.

We've never seen BB show up a coach like that on his sideline.

You're a delude phony homer delight. 

Most of the time Brady makes the right call or play and no coach interferes with Peyton Manning's 2:00 offense, Rodgers's, Brees's or Brady's.     You pretending Brady has no accountability as a HOF QB is all we need to know about your agenda.

QB/offensive league = More glory for QBs, but also more accountability

End of story.

A coach known for developing other coaches.  Now that would be Bill Parcells.  I don't think anyone can quibble with that.

THE MASTER!

Yes, I think we can all agree Ted Marchibroda & Ray Perkins are the masters to BB's coaching prowess.

sure sure you tell yourself whatever u like

of course The Master also turned around your sorry franchise once upon a time...ingrate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Coach Belichick.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I see a lot of complaints about the coaching on this team. I have very little negative to say about BB's coaching skills and consider him the best HC in the game today. But I have voiced concerns about the nobodys he chooses as coordinators rather than going out and hiring the very best talent the NFL has to offer.

But with so very many complaints all the time I wonder if his reputation as a genius coach is passe with many of you. Do you folks still think he is the best? Do you think he is just incapable of controlling or guiding poor coaches he has chosen for his staff? If so, how could he be the best? Is it as Rusty says, that he can't control Brady? If he can't, how can he be the best coach around?

Who were Crennel and Weis before Belichick?  How have they fared since? 

Is it the coaches or the players?

The short answer is it's both....

The long answer is that given the salary cap and Belicheck's duel role as GM and Head Coach it's remarkable what the Patriots have been able to accomplish over what is now more than a decade. In that time they've played in 5 Superbwols, winning 3. This year's team played in it's 7th AFC championship game with a roster that is poised to be right back in the mix next year. If not for two or three plays they could have won both games vs the Giants and this discussion would be about if they should rename the town of Foxboro to Town of Belicheckville...

The question of Belicheck's legesey is foolish fodder for the uninformed. the guys as good or better than any head coach past or present. When you add to that his front office responsibilities. When he's done he's a first ballot HOF coach that will take his place among the pantheons of coaching with Vince Lombardi,Tom Landry & Bill Walsh.

That said, given his oversight of the entire football operations, it's incumbent on him to also be a very good delegator of duties. Was it coaching that lost the AFC Championship game or personnell. We entered the game without our best offensive player not named Brady. Make no mistake the loss of Gronk was a huge factor both in our passing game and the run game. another blow was the loss of Talib during the game, he pretty much owned Boulden in the first half before pulling his hamstring. Thereafter the Ravens came out in the shotgun and Boulden had his way with whomever we had on him...Was it coaching that caused Ridley to fumble the ball after getting blown up on a helmet to helmet hit? Was it coaching that caused Welker to drop a critical 4th down pass....Was it coaching that caused Brady to get the ball tipped at the line resulting in an interception. Each of these events played a role in our losing the game. All three of those possessions proved to be the straw that broke the camels back. 

In the end the better team on that given Sunday won the game. To discredit the Ravens accomplishment by trying to affix blame on the Patriots coaches for failing to develop a better game plan or to make adjustments during the game while fair to say. Doesn't in my mind carry much weight given how the events of the game unfolded...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

they should rename the town of Foxboro to Town of Belicheckville...

And rename the state Bradyland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

To discredit the Ravens accomplishment by trying to affix blame on the Patriots coaches for failing to develop a better game plan or to make adjustments during the game while fair to say. Doesn't in my mind carry much weight given how the events of the game unfolded...

If the mediocre team around Brady can't even play at their mediocre level, then no coach's scheming can compensate for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I love the knee jerk morons who follow Babe's lead here.  Brady and the offense blow, so this makes BB a bad coach all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Talib goes down, Jones needs ankle surgery, Nink probably wasn't close to 100%, and somehow BB is now a bad coach.  It is what it is.  Your best players on D need to be there to win big games.  Ours weren't.

Players make plays. Coaches coach.   There was nothing wrong with the coaching or gameplan.

I just watched RIdley fall forward for a 1st down with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd near midfield with a 13-7 lead.

Tell me how our own offense stalling, not executing, etc, is the fault of BB.

of course  because the HEAD COACH has nothing to do with the offense and has no authority to do anything about it if it isn't working-he just stands there and watches it fail helplessly

being the HEAD COACH and all

It wasn't failing "helplessly" up 13-7 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd.   Did you want BB to hold Brady's hand as Brady has full autonomy to run the offense.

Where was the quick snap stuff, why was he audibiling into a shotgun 1st and goal from the 1?

That's on BB? No.   Nice try.

You're jealousy of BB being superior to that of Parcells won't win here either, Gunty.

HC runs the team and tells the other coaches and players what we are doing and how we are doing it, the buck starts and stops there

and with an ego driven control freak like BB even more so...no supertar, no matter how great or accomplished, is going to overrule the HC or defy him on the field constantly as you claim, and especially not to a coach as accomplished as Bellichick

a star can get a HC removed and some have and many have tried since the beginning of time but that is certainly not the case here because brady's success is tied to BB and he doesn't want to play for anyone else-why oh why would brady defy and buck the HC's calls when he has had such success with that coach and has such great respect for him and why would that coach let it happen to the detriment of his team and his job?

whether u believe it or not, Brady is still a player and is not in charge-of anything

How is BB a control freak when he is notorious for not micromanaging? The only thing he controls or gets involved with on a regular basis is the defense.  Duh.

Parcells has the biggest ego of any coach of the last 50 years for crying out loud. Everyone knows it. He was jealous the Giants defense carried BB off the field in 1987 amongst other times.

The infamous footage of BB suggesting something different, with Parcells lashing out in a jealous fit of rage is infamous.

We've never seen BB show up a coach like that on his sideline.

You're a delude phony homer delight. 

Most of the time Brady makes the right call or play and no coach interferes with Peyton Manning's 2:00 offense, Rodgers's, Brees's or Brady's.     You pretending Brady has no accountability as a HOF QB is all we need to know about your agenda.

QB/offensive league = More glory for QBs, but also more accountability

End of story.

A coach known for developing other coaches.  Now that would be Bill Parcells.  I don't think anyone can quibble with that.

THE MASTER!

Yes, I think we can all agree Ted Marchibroda & Ray Perkins are the masters to BB's coaching prowess.

sure sure you tell yourself whatever u like

of course The Master also turned around your sorry franchise once upon a time...ingrate

I don't need to tell myself anything facts are facts BB cut his coaching teeth under Marchibroda and Perkins for close to 10 years before Parcells got the giant job.

and so ur point is?