Coach Belichick.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Coach Belichick.

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I see a lot of complaints about the coaching on this team. I have very little negative to say about BB's coaching skills and consider him the best HC in the game today. But I have voiced concerns about the nobodys he chooses as coordinators rather than going out and hiring the very best talent the NFL has to offer.

But with so very many complaints all the time I wonder if his reputation as a genius coach is passe with many of you. Do you folks still think he is the best? Do you think he is just incapable of controlling or guiding poor coaches he has chosen for his staff? If so, how could he be the best? Is it as Rusty says, that he can't control Brady? If he can't, how can he be the best coach around?

Who were Crennel and Weis before Belichick?  How have they fared since? 

Is it the coaches or the players?

The short answer is it's both....

The long answer is that given the salary cap and Belicheck's duel role as GM and Head Coach it's remarkable what the Patriots have been able to accomplish over what is now more than a decade. In that time they've played in 5 Superbwols, winning 3. This year's team played in it's 7th AFC championship game with a roster that is poised to be right back in the mix next year. If not for two or three plays they could have won both games vs the Giants and this discussion would be about if they should rename the town of Foxboro to Town of Belicheckville...

The question of Belicheck's legesey is foolish fodder for the uninformed. the guys as good or better than any head coach past or present. When you add to that his front office responsibilities. When he's done he's a first ballot HOF coach that will take his place among the pantheons of coaching with Vince Lombardi,Tom Landry & Bill Walsh.

That said, given his oversight of the entire football operations, it's incumbent on him to also be a very good delegator of duties. Was it coaching that lost the AFC Championship game or personnell. We entered the game without our best offensive player not named Brady. Make no mistake the loss of Gronk was a huge factor both in our passing game and the run game. another blow was the loss of Talib during the game, he pretty much owned Boulden in the first half before pulling his hamstring. Thereafter the Ravens came out in the shotgun and Boulden had his way with whomever we had on him...Was it coaching that caused Ridley to fumble the ball after getting blown up on a helmet to helmet hit? Was it coaching that caused Welker to drop a critical 4th down pass....Was it coaching that caused Brady to get the ball tipped at the line resulting in an interception. Each of these events played a role in our losing the game. All three of those possessions proved to be the straw that broke the camels back. 

In the end the better team on that given Sunday won the game. To discredit the Ravens accomplishment by trying to affix blame on the Patriots coaches for failing to develop a better game plan or to make adjustments during the game while fair to say. Doesn't in my mind carry much weight given how the events of the game unfolded...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

they should rename the town of Foxboro to Town of Belicheckville...

And rename the state Bradyland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

To discredit the Ravens accomplishment by trying to affix blame on the Patriots coaches for failing to develop a better game plan or to make adjustments during the game while fair to say. Doesn't in my mind carry much weight given how the events of the game unfolded...

If the mediocre team around Brady can't even play at their mediocre level, then no coach's scheming can compensate for that.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts