Coach Faulk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Coach Faulk?

A report from roto today suggested that if Faulk retires he'd like to come back to the Pats as a coach. I'd be all for it personally. I think Faulk is already a coach on the field and that is one of the main reasons BB keeps bringing him back. BB has also commented about Faulk's leadership and intelligence of the game. I'd hire him as an assistant RB coach and say "see Vereen over there. He's yours"

Here's the report

Free agent Kevin Faulk has hinted he'd be open to joining the Patriots as a coach if he decides to retire.

"I’m a football guy," Faulk said, "So that’s definitely one of the things that goes on, but I don’t want to say that right now, and then something happens." Faulk also said his retirement decision won't be "solely" up to him, suggesting whether or not the Patriots are interested could be a deciding factor. The Boston Globe reported earlier this month Faulk was unlikely to pursue other offers if told he wasn't in the Patriots' plans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Coach Faulk?

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I absolutely, positively love Faulk and all he's done for the Pats - and that's a lot.  But, for me, if I were the HC, I'd simply go with the best coach available.  If it came down to a tie, sure I'd select Faulk.  You don't build an organization as successful as the Pats by simply awarding jobs to hard-working, nice guys.  Someone else already has credentials in coaching.  Faulk does not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

He is a good choice to back up Fears at RB Coach and even WR.I would be all over that, not to mention he could likely help @ Special teams as well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Faulk?:
    I absolutely, positively love Faulk and all he's done for the Pats - and that's a lot.  But, for me, if I were the HC, I'd simply go with the best coach available.  If it came down to a tie, sure I'd select Faulk.  You don't build an organization as successful as the Pats by simply awarding jobs to hard-working, nice guys.  Someone else already has credentials in coaching.  Faulk does not.
    Posted by nyjoseph

BB has historically promoted from within and it's not like any of the lower level assistants that he usually brings in are anymore qualified than Faulk, who is a 13 year NFL vet (12 under BB) with intimate knowledge of their system and valuable in game/on field perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I could see him starting as an "Offensive assistant" and maybe working his way from there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I wouldnt make him THE Rb's coach as Ivan Fears is pretty good, but bring him in as a cheap consultant to mentor the youngins.

True , Faulk has never coached, but on the field he knows a lot and can give advice and pointers that Fears could not (whens the last time he toted the rock)

So, even if its like T.Brown in 07, sign him, p.u.p and let him stand on the sidelines, he should play some role and  mentorship and leadership.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Any chance he can coach DB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

All the position coaches have assistants, and he would make a great one. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

unproven as a coach...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

I hope he has a coaching career lined up for him here. He's a great team player and I think he'd make a great coach. By the way anyone know if Vrabel is staying at Ohio State under Meyer?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hope he has a coaching career lined up for him here. He's a great team player and I think he'd make a great coach. By the way anyone know if Vrabel is staying at Ohio State under Meyer?
    Posted by I sat on your toilet

Vrabel was retained by Meyer, yes.  Would've loved to have seen him make his way back to Foxboro.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Faulk? : Vrabel was retained by Meyer, yes.  Would've loved to have seen him make his way back to Foxboro.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Thanks for the info mb. It'd be nice to see Vrabel back here on the coaching staff someday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Faulk? : Thanks for the info mb. It'd be nice to see Vrabel back here on the coaching staff someday
    Posted by I sat on your toilet

Welcome.  Indeed, he's been killin' it as a recruiter for OSU (his alma mater), being named "Big Ten Recruiter Of The Year" in only his first season.  With his intelligence, personality, confidence and knowledge of the game, he strikes me as the kind of guy that should rise quickly through the recruiting ranks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by nyjoseph

Good points...   why haven't we seen McGinnist, Harrison or Bruschi here coaching?  The TV gig more lucrative than coaching, maybe?

Sections
Shortcuts