Coach Scar

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Coach Scar

It looks like he has done it again.  We have the makings of one of the best Olines in the NFL. Dante does a GREAT job of coaching these kids up to work as a superb functioning unit. For my money we have the best two OTs in the league and if we can add Macus Cannon down the road at some time I think the unit gets even stronger.  The group that started in Tampa looked in mid season form.  Well done Coach Scar!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Re: Coach Scar

Absolutely agree. Nobody has contributed more to this team outside of the spotlight than Coach Scar. Do they induct assistant/position coaches into the Pats Hall of Fame? I'd say he's deserving of spot. Think of all the guys he has developed in his time here: Light, Mankins, Vollmer, Neal (never played college football!), and that's all I can think of off the top of my head (I know there's a whole lot more that I'm forgetting). This team has been fortunate to contiually have one of the best O-lines in the league, and Scar is one of the main reasons why.

Maybe his next project should be to turn a sumo wrestler into a lineman. He could probably do it too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Is it me or did Solder look pretty darn good. They trust him already to watch Brady's Blindside in a preseason game?....I was shocked! What's he been practicing for a week?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

keep talking and he'll be a new head couch somewhere

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Scar:
    Is it me or did Solder look pretty darn good. They trust him already to watch Brady's Blindside in a preseason game?....I was shocked! What's he been practicing for a week?
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

yeah, he looked that good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

keep talking and he'll be a new head couch somewhere
    Posted by dogbones

I doubt it, he's BB's sidekick, and would probably be next in line to the throne

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He is one of the most underrated coaches in the NFL.  Partly it is because the DC and the OC get more media coverage, but Dante has shown that you can have him coach any group and he gets the job done.

That said, it is a big leap to being a successful head coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Think of all the guys he has developed in his time here: Light, Mankins, Vollmer, Neal"

Not to knock Scar, because I agree he's one of the best OL coaches, but some of these guys are pretty talented too.
      He may have turned Neal into a football player but Light and Vollmer were 2nd rd picks and Mankins was a 1st.  These guys came out of college pretty skilled.  Look at Solder.  No doubt he's getting coached up by Scar but he's only been signed for a few weeks.  What you're seeing now is a whole lot of natural talent.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He's certainly one of or possibly the best OL coach in the business.

i think he has developed great depth outside, but the interior of our line is in need of a serious upgrade, specifically C and RG. I'm hoping Connolly can hold it down until Cannon is ready to go, and we need to draft a C/G next year to replace Koppen. If we get these couple things sorted out, I would go on record saying we have the best OL in football. Solder-Mankins-upgraded C - Cannon, Vollmer, and good depth behind them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

"Think of all the guys he has developed in his time here: Light, Mankins, Vollmer, Neal" Not to knock Scar, because I agree he's one of the best OL coaches, but some of these guys are pretty talented too.   He may have turned Neal into a football player but Light and Vollmer were 2nd rd picks and Mankins was a 1st.  These guys came out of college pretty skilled.  Look at Solder.  No doubt he's getting coached up by Scar but he's only been signed for a few weeks.  What you're seeing now is a whole lot of natural talent.
    Posted by siestafiesta

I agree that there is talent here but I think the real key is getting the individuals to play as a flawlessly functioning unit.  And they don't get penalties!!!  Scar is best.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Dante is a great offensive line coach. I doubt that he has an aspirations regarding HC offers. The list of players that he's coached up goes way beyond the obvious. Cripes sake teams were lining up to grab Larson last year,same will hold true should the Patriots cut another O-lineman this year towards the end of camp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If Dante Scarnecchia can't coach you into a proper NFL linemen, then your NFL career is going nowhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Coach Scar:
    For my money we have the best two OTs in the league and if we can add Macus Cannon down the road at some time I think the unit gets even stronger. 
    Posted by Clay73

Three cheers for Marcus (Cannon)!  The kid has been through a lot.  We'd all love to see this guy lining up for NE...so would Marcus!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Solder is getting some help from the TE corp. I'm sure he will continue to improve. He'll need to gain some weight w/o losing his mobility and improve on his footwork and leverage. Maybe he can get lessons from Neal Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Dante is a great offensive line coach. I doubt that he has an aspirations regarding HC offers. Posted by sportsbozo1

If it were the Patriots HC job I bet he'd take it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I do not know if Dante is the best OL coach in football bu he is one of the best tennis players . . . I've played him a number of times and he is very solid!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The bulk of the credit goes to a strong scouting staff.  They're the ones who discovered Steven Neal and got him for free.  They judged Mankins.  They judged Solder.  They judged Vollmer.  They worked the boards so that Vollmer and Solder were available with the Pats holding extra draft picks.  Everybody and their brother said "Mankins who?" and "Vollmer who?" at the time.  All of these guys walked into camp with strong natural talents, Mankins and Neal with the ability to push defenders back 5 yards, Vollmer and Solder with the quickest tight end feet of any 320 pound lineman available, for stopping edge rushers, and Solder with league-best pancake power too.

Sections
Shortcuts