Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow

Interesting read...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Re: Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow

In Response to Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow:
    ...Ryan Leaf had great numbers too and where is he?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Once again, when all your analysis is strictly done with numbers, the number to look at is the one they leave out -- in this case, yards-after-catch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I never watched the man play, so, I can't speak to either the numbers or his true performance on the field.

From what I've read, it seems that - as far as his college career is concerned - noone can take away from the success he's achieved at the college level.

Of course, the question remains, as to whether his success at the college level will translate to an NFL career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't know if using college stats is really useful when looking at prospects at a high level. You can use the same argument and say Koy Detmer was a better prospect than Peyton Manning based on Detmer's crazy numbers back in the day. It'll be interesting to see where Tebow goes in the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Numbers dont mean anything by Gawd look at Trent Dilfer and stop that dammmmmm crying!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Look at the offense he played in at Florida. Typically, performance in that spread formation doesn't translate well to the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow:
    Look at the offense he played in at Florida. Typically, performance in that spread formation doesn't translate well to the NFL.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Is that why our "spread offense" isn't working anymore?  :)

Just kidding.  I'm not saying that Tebow is going to be good or bad in the NFL. I"m just saying that people should give him some credit for what he has accomplished at the college-level. Take the numbers for what they are (or aren't). His numbers DO support his success at the college level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I don't know if using college stats is really useful when looking at prospects at a high level. You can use the same argument and say Koy Detmer was a better prospect than Peyton Manning based on Detmer's crazy numbers back in the day. It'll be interesting to see where Tebow goes in the draft.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Yes, it will be interesting to see where he gets picked up. I guess the scouts are looking for one thing, the media is looking for something else, and fans are all over the place :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Numbers dont mean anything by Gawd look at Trent Dilfer and stop that dammmmmm crying!
    Posted by Stompper

LMAO....yes, you are absolutely right. Numbers mean absolutely nothing. I'm sure that you speak from experience, since you probably have more college football mvps and national championships under your belt.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

pmike - elaborate, please.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Danny Wuerfful,  Gino Toretta, Tim Tebow 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

HA! Look at the players that they compared Tebow to... Besides Peyton, which one of those QBs would you take? This article makes no sense. The only thing I like about this article is that it supports what we New England fans have been saying about Peyton...

"The anti-Tebow crowd will argue, weakly, that he was surrounded by greater talent than those other passers. The anti-Tebow crowd, of course, is confused.

Let's look at Peyton Manning. Last we remember, he played with not one, not two, but three receivers taken in the top two rounds of the draft:Joey Kent, Marcus NashandPeerless Price. His team was so loaded with talent that it won the national title the year after he left."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

In Response to Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow : ...Ryan Leaf had great numbers too and where is he?
    Posted by RipFace

Ryan Leaf also was a prototypical NFL type QB. Big, tall strong armed, great throwing motion. Tebow doesn't have this, right ?
    So I am confused..what is important..numbers..height. throwing style.
    Cause Ryan Leaf was more prototypical and he failed.
    The point is..no one can be so cocksure. about who will be successful or not.
    Just say you don't know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

His numbers were great in college. Hell he was a great college player. His style of QB will not work in the NFL. He either needs to become more of a passer or find a new position. Much like an option QB has a tough time translating. Alex Smith ring a bell with anyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Cold Hard Football Facts - Tebow :  Ryan Leaf also was a prototypical NFL type QB. Big, tall strong armed, great throwing motion. Tebow doesn't have this, right ? So I am confused..what is important..numbers..height. throwing style. Cause Ryan Leaf was more prototypical and he failed. The point is..no one can be so cocksure. about who will be successful or not. Just say you don't know.
    Posted by rocher

Hell....I know I don't know :)

I think everyone is having fun debating the issue tho.  Everyone is anxious to see where he gets picked, everyone will be anxious to see how he does in camp, everyone will continue to love him or hate him during his first year and nitpick his performance one way or the other.

People not only love comedy...but controversy as well :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Tebow is an intriguing player.  While I certainly agree he's not worth a 1st rd pick.  From what I've seen of Tebow, he's tough as nails and plays well under pressure at the college level.  Tebow is a scrambling QB, that likes to use his legs.  He does remind me abit of Steve Young.  Steve road the bench behind Montana until he was ready to take the reigns as a starting QB.  His first stint with the Bucs was a disaster.  That's how I could see Tebow having success at the NFL level.  If the Pats could draft him in the 4th or lower, then I think it would be worth a shot.  Certainly more upside than O'Connell, but allowing Tebow to backup Brady for quite a few years and letting him develop might be a smart option for the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts